Pace Two

Undeniable

 

 

 

“Okay, that’s all for today, Guys! Good job. You all can go home now.” Naeun clapped her hands as an appreciation, and that’s one of things I like about her. She may be the best dancer in school, yet she never babble about it. She is a very humble person.

I packed my stuffs and walked out from the gymnasium, only to find Sehun in front of the door. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out, his other hand busy punching numbers on his phone.

“What the-”

“Hello, Aunty?”

I raised my eyebrows. Who was he calling? Why should I hear his conversation? I tried to shake my hand free but he held it tighter.

“Um, I'm sorry I couldn't go home with Hayoung. I have some group tasks to do, is it okay?”

So he called my mom. His eyes were landed on me as he nodded his head a few times. Stupid. My mom on the other line wouldn’t see him.

“Alright. Thank you, Aunty. See you.” He hung up the phone and let go of my hand. I hissed as I rub my wrist. What a way to treat a girl.

“You go home with bus.”Sehun said. He turned around and left me.

“You have a group task with who? Jung Soojung?” I half-yelled sarcastically. He never joins in a group tasks. He usually just drops some money to his group-mate, telling them he couldn't help with anything but money. I witnessed him doing that for a few times.

“Not your business.” He replied without even turning around.

I shrugged. His business was never mine, I know that and I don’t care with anything he does anyway. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and walked to bus shelter right in front of the school building. There was no one there, of course. Only basketball and dance club members left in the school.

While waiting for my bus, I put on my earphones and play some random music. My feet were moving along the rhythm, remembering the steps I had learned earlier.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I gasped and quickly pulled off my earphones.

Kai. He was looking at me with a small grin, his hands holding his bicycle.

“Did I disturb you? You seem so into your feet-dance.”

“O-oh, no... Not at all.” I smiled sheepishly, a bit startled. I rubbed my nape. “I must look like some crazy person.”

He chuckled as he parked his bike and sat down on a bench there, “Yeah, a bit.”

“A-are you serious?” I blinked quickly. Your crush thought you are some crazy person. What an achievement, Oh Hayoung.

“No, I was just kidding. Geez.” He laughed softly. “Not going home with Sehun?”

I shook my head quickly. “He had some group tasks.”

“I see.”

Kai tapped the spot beside him, and I gratefully sat down, still leaving some space between us. A silence came in. I didn’t know if it was just me, but it felt really awkward. I wanted to ask a lot of things but I didn’t have any courage to spill things. So instead, I was just silently hoping he would initiate a conversation first.

Which he did.

I had never known this funny side of school’s heartthrob Kim Jongin. He told me about a lot of funny things that happened to him. I couldn’t help but laugh, sometimes admiring his smile in between.

“Sunbae, you go home with bike?” I asked, observing his black bicycle.

“Yup. My house isn't far from school. Reducing the pollution.” Kai flashed a grin. So he is kind of nature lover. Interesting.

“Oh, it’s my bus.” I stood up as I noticed a familiar bus halting in front of us. He stood up as well. “Um, thank you for talking to me. Honestly, I don't like being alone.”

“You're welcome.” He waved his hand. “See you tomorrow.”

I smiled before get into the bus. I secretly peeked at him through the window. He was still there, watching my bus till we got far away.

I had to stop myself from squealing.

 

 

---

 

 

I leaned my head on the table. Outside, at school's soccer field, Kai was doing some stretching with his classmates.

“Why isn't our teacher coming?” I heard Sooyoung's protested. She took a seat in front of me, her eyes following my gaze.

“Isn't that a good thing?” I took a glance at her, who was smiling knowingly, then propped my chin on my palm. “They even do PE without teacher.”

“Attention, Guys!”

Kim Hanbin, our class president, stood in front of the class. Sooyoung quickly sat on her seat, hitting her knee to the desk on progress. I giggled at her, and then turned my attention to Hanbin.

After everyone turned silent, he spoke, “Our teachers have a sudden meeting, so school is dismissed early.”

The whole class clapped and cheered excitedly, including me and Sooyoung. Our school is very strict about study time. We rarely get day offs and event like this is like a miracle.

Hanbin opened his mouth, about to say something, but after realizing no one pay attention at him, he walked back to his seat, joining the celebration.

“What’s your plan, Hayounga?” Sooyoung asked me.

“I don’t have any. What about you?”

“Umm... Let’s hangout?” She grinned.

“Call!” I smiled widely. I took a glance outside the class. Kai’s class was also dismissed, of course.

“Uh, Hayounga, your phone is ringing.” She pointed at my phone on my desk. I grabbed it and walked out from the class since inside was too noisy.

From mom.

“Hello, Mom?”

“Hayounga, your school is dismissed early right? Go home right away okay?”

How in the world could she know?
“But Mom—“

“This is urgent. I’m waiting. See you!”

I blinked quickly. What? I have made a plan with Sooyoung but I have to go home straight? Pfft what is exactly my mom’s plan?

I put on my sad puppy face as I walked to my seat.

“What’s wrong?” Sooyoung poked my cheek.

“Mom told me to go home right away. I’m sorry Sooyoungaaa.” I pouted and rubbed my palms together. I really want to hang out with her. It has been a little while since we go out.

“Nah, it’s fine. Don’t worry.” She flashed a grin.

“Hmm, okay then. I have to go home now.” I puffed my cheeks, as I shoved my stuffs to my backpack. “See you Sooyoung.”

I waved at her and she waved back at me, with a smile on her face. Sometimes, I envy her. She looks so pretty whenever she smiles. Her eyes would turn into a pair of crescent. And when she laughs I always feel like laughing too. It was contagious.

I walked out from the class and was welcomed with loud corridors. I had to shove myself so I could get out. I got a bit claustrophobic but I like the feeling being trapped in the middle of people. Consider me weird because most people hate being in crowds.

“Yah, Oh Hayoung!”

I whipped my head to the familiar voice. Who else would call me with “Yah, Oh Hayoung!” other than Sehun?

I watched as he made his way towards me.

“My mom told me to go home with you. She said it’s urgent.”

I tilted my head slightly. Urgent? I smell something fishy.

 

 

 

Hello Guys! I'm deeply sorry. It's been a veeeery long time since I updated huhu. I had a massive writing block. I didn't even know where the story would go. But now I had found a way out little by little. So... yeah. I'm accepting suggestions anyways. Oh, and happy new year 2016! Thank you for staying with me. I love youuu <3