Prologue

Undeniable

Hey, Guys! This is me. I'm sorry for disappointing you guys because I just want to write the best and as real as possible for Sehun-Hayoung ><

So... Yeah, enjoy reading! I love you so much<3

 

 

 

I stared at the boy who was seated in front of me with a piercing glare. My parents and his were busy talking about work—I was barely listening. If it was not about my respect towards his parents and mine, I wouldn't be there, having a dinner with a guy named Oh Sehun in a fancy looking restaurant.

He stared back with a flat face, emotionless, yet challenging. For anything's sake, I want to rip his face into tiny parts. He has always been this annoying to me. People say, when you hate someone, you will also hate every little things about them.

The reason? Well, it happened ten years ago, when I was six and he was seven.

 

I clutched my father's hand nervously, as if my dear life was depended on it. Mom told me that I'll have a new friend, a boy, and we should go to his birthday party. I've always been shy in making new friends. Plus, I had to wear an uncomfortable floral dress because the party was held in spring theme. Dad squeezed my hand softly before leading me to the place where my new friend was. He looked...so cool yet cute in a same time, wearing a simple plaid shirt, his hair was spiked up. I held my present for him tightly, afraid it might fell if I didn’t.

His mom recognized my parents and quickly approached Mom and Dad, giving hellos and talking about things I didn’t understand. My eyes landed at the boy who stood between his parents, right in front of my Dad. I flashed a tiny smile but he gave me a flat expression in return. Bad sign, I thought as I shifted my gaze away from him.

“Ah, who’s pretty girl standing here?” His Dad looked down at me, and so his mother. I bowed deeply, shyly introducing myself.

“Hello, I’m Oh Hayoung.”

“Aww you’re so cute, dear. I swear you’ll be Sehun’s good friend.”

So, Sehun is his name.

“I brought a present for Sehun.” I gave it slowly to the boy. He looked at my gift box for a second before took it and placed it on a table where his other presents were. There were plenty big gift boxes and my heart sunk a little seeing them. My birthday presents were never that big.

“Say something, Sehun?” His Mom reminded him.

“Thanks.”

“Enjoy, Hayoung. Aunty should greet Sehun’s friend. Eat anything you want, okay?” Sehun’s mom patted my cheeks softly and his dad gave me a warm fatherly smile. I felt relieved for a bit.

I looked around the venue. It was a medium-sized garden with a swimming pool. A lot of boys and girls around my and Sehun’s ages played around, some talking to each other, some enjoying the foods and game stall.

“Hayoung,” Dad knelt down so his eyes were on a same level as mine, “Mom and Dad have to help Aunty and Uncle. Are you okay waiting here with Sehun?”

I took a quick glance at Sehun who was giving smile to his guests, and nodded.

“I’m fine.”

“Good girl. Don’t get lost, okay?” Mom pecked my cheek and joining Sehun’s parents along with Dad. Sehun was still busy greeting his friends. I sighed softly. Even though Dad asked me to wait there with Sehun I didn’t feel like having a company. So I decided to walk around, maybe trying some foods. I didn’t know what was wrong with me or my clothes, but a lot of people looked at me. I tried to ignore the stares by throwing tiny smiles here and there.

I obliviously stopped in front of the swimming pool. It looked shallow, but still, I felt a bit shiver ran down my spine.

Out of the blue, a pair of hands pushed me, and I thrown into the swimming pool. I couldn’t swim, and the pool was deep enough to swallow me. I tried to climb up, begging for air. I was mentally crying and shouting out loud, asking for help, but no one came. I became more panic when some amount of water entered my nose. My vision got blurry when a pair of arm lifted me up.

I coughed and spilled out waters. I hurriedly hugged the person who lifted me up—Dad, and cried because that was the only thing I could do.

“Hayoung, are you okay?” Mom asked me, worried. I didn’t answer since I was still shocked and my nose was hurt. Dad hugged me tighter.

I opened my eyes, and see a bunch of people surrounded me with worried look. Oh uncle and aunty reached us, and Sehun, stood behind his father with the same flat expression.

“Sehun, say sorry to Hayoung.”

 

“Are you guys done staring each other?” Dad blew my thoughts away and pulled me back to reality. I blinked slowly, building an innocent face.

“I can’t wait for their marriage!” Aunty squealed. I instantly turned my head towards her. There was this weird flip inside my stomach.

“Whose marriage?” Sehun asked before I could.

“Yours.” Uncle answered casually. My eyes got bigger two times than usual. What? “What’s wrong with you two? I thought you’re listening.”

“Goodness, look at them! They looked so cute with their wide eyes.” Mom said happily while clapping her hands. I slowly changed my expression to the normal one while the storm inside me started to rage on.

“So, what do you think?” Oh uncle asked. I gulped as I looked at Sehun. I don’t want to marry that kind of guy. Just hope that he’d say a right thing.

“I’m not thinking about that. I think we’ll focus on school.” He answered calmly yet convincing. I let out a relieved breath which I didn’t realize holding. “Right, Hayoung?”

I hate the way he calls my name.

“Yes.”

Oh-adults—a call I give to Mom, Dad, Oh uncle and aunty—burst out laughing. My eyebrows were furrowed; completely unaware of what actually happened. What the?

“Are you guys that lost? We didn’t talk about marriage at all, we were just kidding!” Mom exclaimed as she hold on her stomach. I mentally face-palmed.

“But still,” Aunty said, “I think they are fated to be together.”

Fated to be together? Hmph. Impossible.

“Sehun, Hayoung, you should see your expressions.” Dad said after controlling his breath. They started to laugh again and I left dumbfounded like a fool.

 

 

---

 

 

“Hayoung, quick! Sehun is waiting for you!” Mom shouted. I sighed. It had been a habit since I came back to Seoul a year ago—after living in Incheon for 8 years—that I have to go to school with Sehun every day. I shoved the last piece of my french toast and ran to the front door.

“I'm going, Mom.” I pecked Mom's cheek as I passed by her. Sehun was in front of the gate, with his white helmet and jacket on, as always. Without any words, he handed me his black helmet. I wore it and climbed up his black and glossy motorcycle.

It’s not like I didn’t make any effort to stop this routine, I had tried to talk to my parents even to Sehun’s, but they just replied with things like, “Dear, you just moved back a year ago, a lot of things had changed here in Seoul. How if you get lost?”, or, “Hayoung, you’re pretty. How if someone kidnaps you?” Sometimes they forget that I’m at second year of high school and that I clearly capable of take care of myself.

I gasped as I panickedly grabbed Sehun’s jacket on the waist. We avoid talking to each other, I know that. But he just ran his motorcycle in high speed without warning, almost making me thrown away. I tugged his jacket rather angrily, and he just throw me a “what?!” look through the rear-view mirror. I puffed my cheeks, trying to focus on the street instead.

Slowly, Sehun decreased his speed. We stopped near a bus shelter, where he would drop me every day. Yeah, being against each other’s existence, we never really go to school together. We made a deal a year ago, and chose this shelter because it was located right in the middle route from my house to school.

I climbed down, handing him the helmet back as soon as possible. I was still irritated at him. Scratch that, I am always irritated at him. I plopped myself on a bench there without taking any glance at him, letting him go to school first.

Well, I’m nice enough for never wishing him to get an accident or something.

 

 

---

 

 

“Good morning, Hayounga!” Park Sooyoung, my best friend since first day of high school, greeted me as soon as I entered our classroom. I smiled and walked quickly to give her a loose hug before putting my stuffs on a table beside hers.

Sooyoung is the most expressive person in the world, if I could say. Everything’s written clearly on her face, when she was surprised, angry, annoyed, against some idea, or even having stomach-ache, but she is bright and positive 90% of times. She would always smile no matter what happens. She always matches me on my bright side but when it comes to my dark side, sometimes she feels annoying. But I think that’s why we’re best friends.

“Hey, how is dinner last night?” Sooyoung asked me as we sat on our seat, next to each other. Right after I arrived at home, she texted me but I could only reply with telling her I just got home after routine dinner and that I was really sleepy. She knows almost every single thing about me, so do I.

I shrugged slightly before answering, “Our parents made a joke about marriage.”

Sooyoung immediately giggled. Who’s thinking that a joke about marriage is funny, especially if your husband-to-be is Oh Sehun?

“Be careful. They might be serious.” Sooyoung patted my shoulder with a wide smile.

“Yah, Park Sooyoung.” I pinched her arm playfully.

“Chill. I was kidding Hayounga.” Sooyoung pouted as she rubbed her arm. That was my turn to laugh at her.