Rewind.Restart: Justification

Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another regular day, everyone walking about doing their things, women rushing to do their makeup on the jerky subway, men flipping through the newspaper to catch up on the latest news, children giggling as they fiddled with the latest hand phone games.

 

Well, unless you are a college student. Then sadly no, life is not the same for you every day. It’s always about who just got together with who, who just threw up at the last party and made a fool out of themselves and all that gossip that just seems to enriched the supposed “best years of their lives”. The only thing constant in college though is the endless pile of assignments to be submitted.

 

The scene of students mugging away in the library was a common sight. However, there was one particular student who seemed to have annoyed others with the constant buzzing of his hand phone. One message after another started flooding in before it finally stopped when Yunho rushed to completely mute his phone and gave a small bow to the onlookers. One student even groaned loud enough to let Yunho know how annoyed he was by the constant buzzing.

 

Yunho then took a quick glance at his phone to see what sort of emergency situation there was or just another bunch of spam from his usual group chats which usually consisted of conversations such as free food and roasting sessions between Junsu and Changmin.

 “Omg, guys!Free food would be provided next week at this school talk. Kajja!Let’s all sign up for it!”

“HELL NO. why are you such a fattie”

“Shut up. Everyone loves free food. Besides, have you seen a fattie with a 6 pac and standing at 1.85cm?I am one fine fattie”

“ You tall tree of life. All that oxygen up there is obviously not doing any good for your brains HAHAHA #roasted”

 

But rather these string of messages were sent by the same person, his boyfriend of 1 year,Jaejoong, otherwise known as BooJae to Yunho. The day Jaejoong agreed to be his boyfriend, Yunho had it all envisioned out already. Well, obviously not to Jaejoong’s knowledge because anyone with common sense would know this would make Yunho sound like a crazy boyfriend from the start and boy, did he wanted to remain cool in front of Jaejoong.

 

Yunho had planned that he would work hard and graduate with First Class Honors, and then propose to Jaejoong at the graduation ceremony in front of Yunho’s family and friends there to witness it all. They would then remain engaged until Yunho settled well and transitioned to be the CEO of his dad’s company. He set a 2-year timeline for himself to settle that, after which he would officially get married to Jaejoong who would then stay home and care of their adopted children. Given the status of the company, Yunho will be able to provide for Jaejoong a comfortable upper-class life. He would go home every day knowing Jaejoong will be waiting for him and then he could tell Jaejoong about his happenings that day. That’s right, Jaejoong was Jung YunHo’s boyfriend, muse, and one and only.

 

The past 1 year of their relationship has been going great for Yunho. Whenever he was stressed out, he knew he could always count on Jaejoong to cheer him up. If he was ever down, Jaejoong would bring him up, and rock hard within minutes. Above the amazing life and emotional support, Yunho was grateful for Jaejoong’s understanding of him striving towards his academic goals of being one of the few top graduates.

 

But today was not one of those days where he felt the need to give Jaejoong his attention. Yunho had an assignment to submit over the next few days that was marked by a professor who was extremely notorious for nitpicking on students’ work and giving grades that were slightly above the passing grade. He had to perfect the assignment and check through everything once again to make sure his arguments were reasoned out well and that there was no room for any questioning.

 

Knowing that opening the messages would probably distract him, Yunho chose to not read the 5 messages sent by Jaejoong but instead place his phone into his bag. Out of sight, out of mind~  But before he did that, he did see his screen light up, signifying another message being sent from Jaejoong.

 

 *Enough. Concentrate. Don’t get distracted. You can text him later. Do your work first. He’ll understand. *  Yunho thought to himself as he tried to justify that he wasn’t being a bad boyfriend for not even looking at the messages but rather that was just how his relationship with Jaejoong worked.

 

Not to Yunho’s knowledge, Jaejoong was stuck at the mall entrance waiting for him for the past 1 hour. Jaejoong knew his boyfriend has a packed schedule so he assumed he was probably stuck discussing some matters with professors that’s why he could not read his messages that all went

 

“I’m otw! I should be there soon!” 4.58pm

“Are you there yet! Wait for me, my love!” 4.58pm

“ Okay!I’m here already at the mall’s entrance . I don’t see you ): ” 5.05pm

“Where are you? D:” 5.10pm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter