Regret

Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Didn’t I tell you before? If you want me in your life, act like it. “

“I know. I know. It’s just that work has been really busy with the expansion and everything. Try to understand please? “  

 He whispered into Jaejoong’s ears and soothing his back. Up and down, down and up went his hand on his back.

But Jaejoong quickly realized what he was doing and pulled away.

Taking the back of his hands, he wiped the tears that were about to roll down from his eyes.

Sniffling and taking a deep breath before he spoke.

 

“Never mind. You know what? Just forget about everything okay. Forgot that we even existed. Sometimes, I don’t even know if I’m still in your heart. Out of the 3 years we were together, I can use my fingers to count the number of times we went out. “

Yunho then grabbed on tightly to Jaejoong’s hand. Afraid that if he let go, the other would leave and never return back to him. He could not let that happen. Sure, he might not have seen Jaejoong much, nor done his part as a lover in this relationship, but he really liked Jaejoong. Jaejoong might not see it, but somewhere, just somewhere in Yunho’s heart, Jaejoong had a space there.

“You want me to forget about everything for the past three years? No way! Three years, Jaejoong. Three long years. You cannot possibly forget about me. Is there someone else? TELL ME JAEJOONG! IS THERE SOMEONE ELSE? There is right? Who is it? You cannot possibly want to break up with me. Much less over a text message. ”

Yunho pointed to the message on his sleek hand phone. It was still the old model that was in a couple set with Jaejoong. The hand phone was the executive’s personal hand phone, where his employees had no way to reach him on that cell. Those that had his personal phone number included: His mother, his very annoying younger cousin (Changmin), his friends from college and of course, his dearest Jaejoong.

Words: Let’s break up. Thanks for everything Yunho, was flashed on the screen.

The older guy had send Yunho a text message one afternoon, informing his boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend, that he wanted a break up. However, due to his busy schedule, Yunho only managed to check his phone 2 days after the message was sent.

The moment Yunho read the message, his eyes nearly bulged out of his socket and his heart started to beat rapidly. That was then followed by an aching level of pain, then frustration – why did Jaejoong suddenly want to break up? Weren’t the two of them doing fine? Sure, compared to other couples, this couple was a lot busier and did not meet up frequently. But he did the physical part of being boyfriend. He provided Jaejoong with everything.

He bought Jaejoong a car, not wanting his boyfriend to squeeze with others on public transport. Being born with a golden spoon in his mouth, the Jung was clueless on what taking public transport was like, aside from the fact that it is dirty and was crowded. So public transport was considered a no no.

He gave Jaejoong an apartment, considering that Jaejoong was living at a place where the level of dengue fever was high. Yunho mentioned about Jaejoong being able to get dengue fever as his apartment was near the Han River and there could be stagnant water.

Next, he gave Jaejoong monthly allowance, so that his boyfriend could buy whatever he need and wants.

The last one was the most absurd, he gave Jaejoong and American Express Black Card. Privileges for the card include, access to VIP Lounge, privileged treatment during shopping, and of course, unlimited spending limit.

But to Jaejoong, this was what he never wants and need. He only wanted one thing from this relationship – Yunho. He wanted Yunho’s attention, Yunho’s care, and most importantly, Yunho’s time.

 

9 months into the relationship was enough for his to realize that one day, one fine day, he and YunHo would break up. There was no happy ever after for the both of them. Sure, Jaejoong wanted to play the role of a supportive boyfriend and be there YunHo all the way. But how could he do when he barely even contacts him in the first place?

It took 2 years of waiting, to finally come up with the conclusion that he had enough; he would never have YunHo to himself. As long as the Jung Empire stood strong, he and his boyfriend would never be together. His hunger for power and greed to achieve even more was what kept Yunho constantly busy. One meeting after another, one expansion plan after another, one business trip after another. ENOUGH. There was only so much one can withstand before they finally give up. Jaejoong gave up.

The breaking point for him was Yunho forgot about their 3rd anniversary. Ignoring the fact that the Jung forgot about his lover’s birthday, Valentine’s Day, white day and all that other stuff. Their anniversary, the day to mark their love for each other. And YunHo could not even remember that?  For the past two anniversaries, YunHo forgot them all.

 He could still remember when YunHo forgot about their first anniversary.

Flashback_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The couple finally managed to meet up after not seeing each other for a whole 2 months.

The reason for that being Yunho’s very much needed presence and attention for the opening of Jung Enterpri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter