02

Close Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Naeun! You look horrible!," my friend Chorong shrieked in horror. She then poked the dark bags underneath my eyes.

"Wow, thanks," I glared at her, shooing her hand away from my face. 

"What happened?," she asked as she began to reach into her bag for some makeup powder. "Wait! Don't tell me— you were reading all night again weren't you?" 

I scoffed. "What?! No- I just.... I was watching re-run episodes of R-Running man on my laptop. Yeah, uhm, that."

"You're a horrible liar," Chorong laughed, applying some makeup powder onto my dark eye bags. "There, you look much better."

"Let me see," I said, taking the pink mirror that was sticking out of her backpack pocket before looking into it. "Waaa, major difference. Thanks unnie!" 

I gave her a big hug and she then smiled, patting my back. "Anything to make my Naeunnie look presentable."

Riiiiiiiing. 

"Ah, Math Class," I sighed as I heard the bell for class go off. 

"I know how you feel. History ," Chorong sighed along with me. "I guess I'll see you later Naeun."

"Ne," I smiled. 

We then separated and made our way towards our next class. "I hope Ms. Park isn't too boring today," I mumbled to myself.

When I reached room 402, I slid the doors open. It was a complete nightmare, utter chaos. 

"YAH YOU BXTCH YOU SLEPT WITH MY BOYFRIEND!" 

"SEUNGHO! HEADS UP! FOOTBALL COMING YOUR WAY!" 

"OMG SO LIKE LAST NIGHT I SNEAKED INTO A 21 YEARS AND OVER CLUB AND MET THIS REALLY HOT GUY AND WE HAD HOT S-"

I could feel my head throbbing right then and there. Do these kids know how to behave at all?

I walked over to my desk in the corner and took a seat, looking around the classroom once more. 

"Oh, Myungsoo isn't here yet," I found myself thinking in my head. "I guess Ms. Park is going to introduce him to everyone first." 

The late bell rang and all the students immediately ran to their seats, sitting innocently as if they weren't fooling around awhile ago. It was then that the front doors to the class opened wide and in came walking Ms. Park. No Myungsoo though. I just sat in my seat and paid attention to her morning announcement. 

"Good Morning Class!," Ms. Park said with a smile. "Today we are going to be learning about infinities. But first off, i'd like to introduce someone to you all. Come on in Myungsoo!" 

I unknowingly started to fix my hair at the sound of Myungsoo's name and then stared straight at the door. Myungsoo stepped foot inside of the class and he looked much more handsome than when I saw him yesterday. Is that even possible? He took a stand next to Ms. Park and made eye contact with the class, bowing 90 degrees to all of us. 

"Annyeonghaseyo. Kim Myungsoo iminda. Please take care of me well," he greeted, bowing once more. 

The whole class gracefully bowed their heads in return, including me. 

"You're all too sweet and well behaved," Ms. Park chuckled. "Wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter