He Missed You

Coffee - Sunggyu

Weeks passed as you just went through your daily life, staying away from Infinite was harder than you thought. However when they texted you, they always made you smile no matter how hard your day was.

Meanwhile Sunggyu was moping around, staying away from the other members as much as possible. Finally walking out of his room, he grabbed a bag of crackers before he went back into his room. Closing the door loudly behind him, he sat on his bed and threw the food on the wrinkled sheets of his bed. Sighing, he took out his phone; unlocking the screen he went on his social media sight. Looking up your name, he found your page and started to look through your pictures.

Thumbing through your pictures a gentle smile he clicked on what he thought was the most beautiful picture of you. Saving it to his phone, he quickly turned off his phone while he heard a knock on the door.

"Sunggyu, lunch is ready if you want" Woohyun opened the door just to poke his head through the doorway.

"Thanks, but I am not hungry" Sunggyu replied as he laid down on his bed. Woohyun nodded his head and pulled the door closed, barely leaving the door open slightly as he walked to go have some lunch.

Rolling over, Sunggyu pulled up your picture again as his heart started to pick up it’s pace. Clicking on his contacts, he looked through them all for you name, realizing that he didn’t have it. he threw his phone against the covers of his bed as he sat up and leaned over his knees. Running his fingers through his hair, he closed his eyes and wondered where you were.

A few more days passed while you worked hard at your receptionist job at Woollim. Answering phone and filing papers, you worked quickly and quietly before you picked up another urgent call.

Little did you know, Sunggyu was looking in on you, watching you sit behind your small glass desk, your legs were crossed at the knees while you tapped the eraser of your pencil against your paper that was under your arm. Your other hand was on the phone that was pressed against your ear. All of your hair was pulled over one shoulder and you looked breathtaking just doing the simplest of things.

Moving his eyes down at the white lidded cup in his hands, he played with the rim ob the lid while his knees started to quake, his heart skipped a beat as blush started to creep up onto his cheeks. Taking in a few deep breaths, he watched your smile come and go while you were on the phone.

"Bye, thank you for calling" You hung up the phone shortly after. Jotting down the message that you promised you would deliver, you stuck the small sticky note on the side of your computer screen before a mass stood in front of your desk.

"Hello, may I help you with something?" You questioned before your eyes lifted and saw the person that was standing in front of you. "S-Sunggyu?" You looked up at him with wide eyes before you cleared your throat and looked down at your paperwork. "What are you doing here?" Your tone turned slightly cold remembering the actions that he showed you over all of this time.

"I-I just wanted to give you something…. to pay you back for those two and a half years." Sunggyu replied as he placed the small coffee on the glass desk in front of you. "I’m sorry if it isn’t how you like it, but if you let me I will learn how you like your coffee and everything else, if you just let me." His small eyes pleaded while your eyes looked up at him.

"I don’t think I can be with someone who doesn’t respect or appreciate the things I do for them" You told him bluntly while you moved the papers  to another part of your desk.

”_______” Sunggyu placed his hand over yours to stop you from moving, “I am sorry for everything, I just thought you were like everyone else, but…. I know now that you are far different than anyone I have ever met” He told you while your eyes stayed on his for once.

A moment of silence hung over the two of you before he took your hand gently in his. “_______, would you like to grab some lunch sometime?”

"Only if you are buying" You smiled and tightened your grip slightly on his hand.

"It’s a date" He smiled at you before he pulled your hand up and pressed his lips on the back of your hand before he bowed to you and left you with butterflies in your stomach and blush on your cheeks as you couldn’t wait for lunch to come.