Sleepless Night

Faded

Best friend...

 

That's all I was..

 

All that I saw...

 

Why am I such a damn fool? It's past midnight. Key isn't home yet. I'm sitting down.. waiting.. just waiting. Is this what it's like? Every time I went out and he was home. Did he stay up all night for me? I looked up at the ceiling. It was blank except for a couple red dots from where we splattered paint, the first time we decorated the room. The dot looked like a heart, everything around me looks like a heart. I'm going insane. And for what? I deserved this.... I should've seen it coming. 

 

The doors creeped open, then a drop on the floor. I looked up. Key.

 

"Hey, buddy. I'm home" he smiled and wave slightly as he goes to his side of the room and put away his jacket. My eyes followed his every movement as I sat up and ran my fingers through my soft brown hair. He slowly took off his clothes, taunting me.. What a tease.... 

 

"Welcome home, how was partying?" 

 

"Well, again... It wasn't fun without you but I had a good time." Key smiled and moved closer to my bed, shirtless and only in his jeans. He sat to the side, next to me and went into the little vanity. "He was asking about you all night, he wanted to know who my best friend was. I got you a doggie bag, its downstairs though." 

 

I sat there quietly. He kept moving around and talking about how much of an okay time he had. I didn't want to hear it anymore. I didn't want to know about this guy. This new guy who loves my Key. I'm acting very salty, that I know. But for some reason, I can't wrap my finger around the thought of this new guy. I got up and put on my sweater, hugged Key and kissed his cheek. Inhaling his scent, I only smelled the other guy. Not the scent I'm used to when we slept together each night. 

 

"Where are you going, Jongie? It's late" 

 

"Just a jog, gotta keep in shape you know."

 

"You are in shape.. A circle." Key smiled and hugged me, like its natural. His eyes were lit up and happy and for some reason I couldn't stand that. I pressed my hand on his face and then left. Walking outside. I needed to go somewhere, anywhere. Just not here.  I stole Onew's keys, it was late and I knew I was probably going to be out all night, before he woke up for work of course. Walking to the garage, I heard a noise and looked around. I was paranoid, jumpy and I couldn't figure out why. I just needed to get him out of my mind. God, I hate to know that I ed up, somehow. I sat into the car and besides the passenger seat was a picture of me and Key. I question why that would be in Onew's car, but I guess Onew likes having pictures of people he loves most. He calls us his family. We were all family, and we loved each other deeply. I looked closely at the picture. Me and Key decided to go to the mall that day and pick up Onew's birthday gift if I recalled correctly. After we picked up a tee-shirt and toy kitchen set (he asked for it, not I), we sat in a photobooth. We weren't going to pay for it, we just needed a break, however some others wanted to take pictures and we weren't giving up our spots so we pretended to be taking pictures... Though we actually did, I guess one of the picture landed in Onew's gift bag. The best one too, Key decided to give me a kiss on the cheek this one. We look so happy. God, how can I be so ing blind to not see he was ing perfect for me, if I had a ing time machine to replay time, I swear to god we would be together and all the tears, the tears I didn't know would ing be for me, go to waste. I slammed the steering wheel and leaned my head down and cried. What the is wrong with me... 

 

I the radio, only thing that could distract me from thought process and popped a pill in my mouth. Might as well sedate myself before I give myself anxiety and headed out. Onew's car was on empty anyways, so I took the initiative to put a little gas in his car. Pulling out of the driveway, I felt hungry as well, considering whether I wanted to eat the leftovers Key left for me or Taco Bell. I yawned and opened my eyes for a moment. I spaced out. And then the next thing you know, the air bag comes up, and blood is splattered everywhere, as the car crashed into a tree.

 

I blanked out, rubbing my head. Sirens can be heard from all directions. What happened? I go to scratch my head, and I felt blood. Blood? ....what...happened?