Heartbroken Boy

Faded

He didn’t know how to explain himself in front him. Key was just staring at him. What can I say? “Kibum, do you like my hair?” What the hell, do I sound like Taemin or something? Jonghyun never really cared about his hair. It was aloof and floppy like his passion to sing.

 

“Well, Jongie, I think it can use a little more. . .something. Here take a seat.” Key sat him down as he bit his bottom lip. Oh Key, that fashionista. He knew all the best styles.

 

“You are going to look so handsome, dahlinng.” Key said like some kind of gay fashion designer. He always made it so fun to be around him. He was weird and aloof and always happy, his happy made Jonghyun happy. He curls his hair a little. He then faced Jonghyun kneeling down and fixed his bowtie. He looked him in the eyes. Key looked back him. He blushed a little.

“What?”

 

“Nothing.” He smiles. “Make her happy for me?” He says quietly and leaves the room.

 

Make her happy for me? What was that suppose to mean?

 

“Kibum?”

 

“Yea?”

 

“Nothing.” What was he suppose to say? It gets so hard sometimes. Jonghyun forget that Key is my best friend. He’s always there for him. He’s like a mother. If I had children, he’d definitely be the mom. Wait. . . what?

 

Jonghyun look off at Key, he was sitting on the floor, with his legs crossed talking and laughing. He was around Minho and Taemin who finally declared their love for each other, about damn time. All this fooling around in the background made it weird for them. They were talking but he couldn’t make out what they were saying. Minho gave a shock look, Taemin gasped and clapped, then they all stared at him.

 

They noticed Jonghyun was staring and wave.

 

He wave back.

 

He had a date with a girl his father set him up with. He wants Jonghyun to find somebody special so he can have children before his dad died. But he was not feeling for any of these girls. No one ever liked him for him.Only for the way he looked. But can you deny all this iness, geez he can’t even keep his hands off himself.

 

The doorbell rings.

 

“I GET IT!!!!!!” Onew yells. He was in the kitchen making dinner for everyone else, Key get up. Key with his ‘I s with British guys’ T-shirt opens the door. He was only wearing sweat capris and socks.

 

“No, I got it!”

 

“Yes umma!” Onew went back into the kitchen. Taemin goes into the kitchen as well. “Whatcha cooking?”

 

Minho kicks his feet up on the couch and relaxes.

 

Jonghyun was nervous as hell.

 

“Hello, Oh you must be Sekyung,  Jonghyun date, yes?”

 

“Are you Key?"

 

"Yes, Yes I am.." He flips his hair. He can be so stuck up sometimes.

 

" Oh, my friend saw you working at some place, he said he likes your singing? Is that what you do or are you a dancer. Anyways I didn't know Kibum was gay."

 

Jonghyun sat there for a moment. " Key Bummy is gay?" He didn’t know that. Maybe that’s why Minho and Taemin were shocked or something, nothing made sense for a moment. Key can’t be gay. He isn’t gay, He’s not gay. Is he gay?

 

" Oh, oh yes.. " Sekyung said happily.

 

" Oh no, I'm not.."

 

" Well anyways, Come on J-Hunny. " Sekyung just cut off  Key. Key looked at her really awkwardly, but he didn’t really seem to  care. He gets J-hyun’s jacket and puts it on him, like a mom.

 

The nicknames start again. " Sure yea ok.."  he goes by the door, slowly. Something inside him didn’t want to go. He wanted to stay home, and sleep. But whatever. Key stand in between Jongie and Sekyung. " Well have fun you too, " he smiles. " Try not to miss me too much Oppa," he laughs jokingly.

 

" I love you umma!" Jonghyun said jokingly back. He really did love Key, he's like his everything. He couldn't go 5 seconds without his hyung.Jonghyun think he was going to cry.

 

Sekyung rolls her eyes and takes his hand and leaves. What's her problem?

 

As if she was reading his mind. " I don't like you hanging out with Key, there's something bad to him. He's no good for you..."

 

"What?"

 

" Nothing, where are we going?"

 

"Somewhere.." Jonghyun got so confused, does she not like Key?

 

 


 

 

" Does she not like me?" Key asked pouting. " I was really sweet and nice, she doesn't like me."

 

" It's because you are more beautiful Kibum. Girls like that have the tendency to get jealous to natural beauty. Like yours." Minho smiled eating a piece of turkey.

 

" She also knows that you have Jonghyun’s heart." Said Taemin helping Onew cook in the kitchen.

 

"You guys always know what to say. But I don't have hyungs heart. He doesn't even know." Key blushes softly. Key had always had a crush on J-Hyun but was afraid to tell him. How do you tell your best friend that you are gay? That’s like some deep . (And not just deep , but some deep deep . Go into that and go in deep. That was deep. So anyways...)

 

" I think he does, he's just too afraid to omit to it." Onew sits Key down and sits across from him. " Maybe if you just take your time maybe he'll see that you love him"

 

" Jonghyun take his time? How many dates had he have this week. 2,3,18."

 

" 5 " Minho puts some rice in his mouth.

 

" That doesn't make me any happier." Key sighs.

 

"Sorry Umma." Minho blushes softly.

 

“No, its fine, you are right. He probably likes some other girl, and I’ll be alone here. Just wishing, thinking, wondering.. what if. Besides me and him, it wasn’t meant to be. That life is just not the life for him and me.” Key sighs. He goes into his bedroom and closes the door. He cuddles with his pillow and slowly fall asleep. Just thinking and sleeping.

 

Minho whispered to Taemin who drinking soup. “I feel sort of bad now”

 

“Why Minnie?”

 

“Just because, “ He rested his head on Taemin’s lap. Taemin drinks rest his soup and lays back so Minho can get comfortable.

 

 


 

 

During Jonghyun and Sekyung’s date.

 

Jonghyun softly on his ice cream. He was having an “Ok” time, not his ideal date but that Ice cream had the sprinkles. Sekyung clutched onto his arm and her chocolate ice cream. He was walking her home.

 

“I had a great time with you. “ She said softly, she blushed a little. But Jonghyun was unaffected by her cuteness.

 

“Well, That’s great, eh?”

 

“Yea, Thank you J-Hunny for a wonderful night.”

 

“You are welcome.” He walks her to her doorstep. She opens the door. “Well, good night.”

 

“Good night.” He smiles.

 

She gets on her tippy-toes and kisses him. He pushes her back a little and blushes. She was taken aback, he was the first guy who ever denied her. She blushes a lot.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry” She blushes more.

 

“No, Its fine.. Its ok. Good night.” He turns back. He blushes. This girl really likes me. He scratches his head and looks back at the door. He smiles. She was already gone inside. I don’t know, she is kind of different. I think I like her. He always made the first move with girls, this time, he was the one being surprised. Surprises, he liked that.

 

Walking home, he found himself singing out loud, a couple of pretty noonas walking home as well giggles and pointed at him. He waved and they fainted. Yes, he was just that good looking. He opens the door to his house and closed the door. He leaned back on the door and sighed happily.

 

" Had a good time?"

 

"Oh, you are still up Onew?" He takes off his shoes and slipped off his sweater.

 

" Yea, couldn't sleep. "

 

"You alright now?"

 

" Nah, I can stay up for an hour or so, you going to bed now?"

 

" No I'm going to go check up on Key, is he still up?"

" No, he went to sleep hours ago,"

 

" So early?"

 

" You do realize its like 11pm."

" So early?"

"Sigh, yea. He wasn’t feeling ok, maybe you should check on him."

" Maybe so, good night Hyung. "

"good night, j-Hunny. "

Jonghyun laughs and blushes. Onew smiles and goes into his room. Jonghyun goes to the bathroom, takes off his shirt and his jeans and slips on his pajama pants. It was a plaid-ish colour. Jongyun had maybe 3 tattoos marked on his body. One on his chest, one on his back and one on his arm. He looked at himself in the mirror and smiled. gorgeous. He goes inside Key's room.

Key was wrapped in his sheets cuddling a pillow. Key looked like an angel when he was asleep, Jonghyun thought. He smiled softly. He gets under Key's sheets. There was a spot on the pillow that was wet. He was crying again. He was probably thinking. Jonghyun caresses Key's hair. He smiles a little as Key moves closer and snuggles with his arms. Jonghyun hold him close and closed his eyes. He was going to sleep with Key Hyung tonight. He was really relaxed and comfortable. The only time he could be himself is around Key. He kisses Key's nose and falls asleep. Key smiled in his sleep and moved closer to Jonghyun nearly under him. Jonghyun wrapped his arm around Key's waist. They were both peacefully sleeping.

-At least, that was us... 3 years ago-
 
I can still hear the echos in my head, whispering to me. I should've know what I had before it was gone. And it was stupid of me. He's on his own now and I'm sitting here in the same house with Onew wondering, what the hell am I suppose to do. My mind has been boggling with questions. Does he love me? Am I really that dense? All this time, the person who really loved me I've shared secrets with and slept with, watching movies until 5 in the morning. My ride or die, my pillow. I now realized it wasn't just friendship.. it was love. But now I'm too late. 
 
Lately, Key has been spending a lot of time with Woohyun, this guy he met at his job. And I don't see him as much anymore. Then he comes out with the news. 
 
"We are now dating!" 
 
"Really?" Minho clapped his hand. That's wonderful"
 
"That's really wonderful" Taemin chimed.
 
"We are soooo happy for you honey" 
 
"What?" I tilted my head. Even after all this time, I didn't know Key was into guys, I also didn't know that and Woobin were friends since kindgerarten. Made me realize, how much do I know Kim Kibum. 
 
"Yea, and we are going to celebrate it it tonight, and you're all invited!" Key giggled, "drinks on me."
 
The other guys cheered but I was still in a dazed. I wasn't sure why. Since when did Key drink? And also, what happened to the us time. It was a Friday, we always spent Fridays together, just the two of us. And now it's being taken away by his boyfriend. I'm not jealous, I'm not... but.. I know from experience that relationships kinda break up friendships. That's why I left Sekyung in the first place because I didn't want to break my friendship with Key and also she called him mean things, I don't respect that. 
 
"I'm going to stay behind, you guys have fun." I turned to retreat to the kitchen. Suddenly I feel so replaced.. where's my spot in Kibum's heart.
 
"Are you sure.. I don't want to go without my best friend." 
 
"Yea.. I'm sure..." I smiled the best that I could. "We'll talk later... right?"
 
"Yea of course.." Yet we never did... And I basically lost all oportunity to talk to him. And suddenly, I became the heartbroken boy
 
-~-
Sorry for the countless typos.