First

Opposite Ends Of The World

Another year flew by, everybody's waiting for the clock to hit 12:00 and, that's it. Say hello, to a new year. For people new years mark the start of new beginnings, second chances, and we can't possibly forget the new years resolutions that we promise to stand up to every year, now, can we? But, for some particular people, it doesn't really matter what year it is, nothing really changes.

Suzy stood facing her small window, she watched the fireworks every year. In no time there'll be sparks up in the sky, snd hundreds of cheers will surround her. She couldn't see much, just conjusted buildings, but the broad sky was right there and that's all that mattered.

Sehun came out of his bedroom, into the balcony, you could see the perfect view of Seoul from there. He convinced himself that the concept of 'New Year' was just utterly stupid, he convinced himself that people who concern themselves with, fireworks and lights and gatherings with friends and families are just wasting their time, when even he knew, he was lying to himself, he was envious, but maybe too scared to admit that?

It was snowing. Suzy decided to keep the window open, she tucked into her sweater and stretched out her hand and caught some. 

Sehun didn't mind the cold. His life was way colder than winter. Nothing matters.

Suzy could feel it, this year was going to be good to her. She doesn't have much money, she's jobless and she's got a brother with a lung condition who can't talk, but, regardless of all the hardships in her life, she was happy.

Sehun's parents were touring Australia together, which is ironic because just a week ago they almost got divorced. His second album releases tomorrow, not that he's excited, he just knows he'll a have a lot of work in his hands with the promotions.

Just a few seconds to 12:00, and there it was, Suzy's eyes sparkled as she looked at the sky. Fireworks.

"This year's going to be no different from the others."

"This year's going to be the best one yet, I know it."

"Same people, same places and the same life."

"Things are going to change, everything's going to be different."


Sehun looked at the fireworks, placed his hand on the wooden railing and said to himself,

Suzy heived a sigh out of comfort and whispered heartedly to herself,

"Happy New Year."


                                                                                    ****

Suzy's new year's resolution had been the same, for plactically four years now. 
 1. 
GET A NEW JOB
It wasn't that she was useless, or that she had no capabilities, she was almost good at everything for that matter. She was smart, well book-smart, at least. She could cook, sew, organise, clean, fight, whatever. Her problem was her life. Her brother, still had to make a lot of visits to the hospital, Taehyung wasn't really what you call, "fully-recovered", so she payed most of her attention to him rather than her work. On top of that she had a lot of work at home too, she couldn't possibly let her aunt do all the work, could she? And now she knew it was going to be even harder because her aunt and uncle were in Busan, all the work had to be done by her. Because of those reasons, none of her jobs lasted for more than a month. All she could do was cross her fingers and hope for the best, like she always did.

"You have to." Suzy said, and she wasn't going to take for an answer.

"I-don't-want-to." Taehyung heived signs with his hands, it was something he had to learn to communicate with others, other times he would just write it down.

"You have to." Suzy said again, still looking sternly at her brother.

Taehyung was used to being weak, he was used to going to the hospital frequently, he was used to the multiple injections, he was used to speaking with hand signs, honestly he didn't hate it all, but if there was one thing that annoyed him the most, it was the constant feeding process. Because of certain complications, Taehyung had to be fed through his nose with a feeding tube, not always, but it had to be done often. It was the one thing he just, did not like. He hated having a sensitive throat and on top of that only disgusting liquified food could get in. Or course, he didn't really have to 'taste' the food since it went down his nose, but he still had to look at it, and that counts.

"This-looks-horrible." He heived signs.

"It doesn't matter, just let me insert the pipe through your nose, give you the food, and all done!" Suzy said, trying to make the process sound less annoying. (Such a fail.)

"Just-get-it-over-with. Quickly." Taehyung, realizing he wasn't going to win against his sister, no one ever does.
Working with the feeding tube is complicated, you have to get the pipe gently through the oesophagus, into the stomach, if Suzy by mistake inserted it into his lungs, she can very easily murder Taehyung but she was surprisingly pretty good at this, she got it done in fifteen minutes, success!

"You-look-terrible." Taehyung hand-sign-ed. 

Suzy had a habit of going a little overdoard when in came to job interviews, this time she chose her uncle's suit and tie as her oh-so-perfect attire. "W-what's wrong with this? It looks perfectly fine." Suzy argued.

"You-can-just-make-do-with-your-clothes. Uncle's-clothes-are-too-big-for-you." Taehyung said making a some-what, 'what-am-I-going-to-do-with-you?' face.

"Shut up and digest."

"I'm-sorry."

"What for?" She asked getting ready to head out.

"If-it-weren't-for-me-you-wouldn't-have-to-stress-over-jobs-so-much."

She stared at her brother for a few seconds and then put her hand on his shoulder, "Stop being corny. Get up and go to school. Noona's got it all handled." She winked at him and went out.




                                                                                    ****

"Happy new year, son." Sehun's father wished him on the phone.

"Thanks, dad. You too"

"So, album release day, huh? Your mother and I expect a lot from you." He chuckled on the line.

"Yeah, I know." Sehun, said letting out a not-so-obvious-sigh.

"You at the entertainment company building now?"

"Yes, actually, but I'm done with work here so I'm heading home." Sehun replied.

"Okay. We'll be coming back to Korea next week."

"Yeah-uh okay, dad, I gotta go." Sehun said.

"Okay, then, work hard. Don't let us down."

Work hard. Don't let us down. Sehun decided not to stress over those words so much.
The elavator brought him to the ground floor. He walked out of the building, expecting to see his car, waiting for him, but their wasn't one, surprise.
He looked around but he couldn't see it. What is this? The driver's always on time.
His phone began to ring, he knew better than to not answer, so he did.

"Hello? Sehun-ssi."

"Manager-nim? It's good that you called, I can't see my ride here."

"Yes, a-about that, the regular driver got really sick somehow, so he had couldn't make it back." He answered nervously.

"Wait. So where's the replacement?" Sehun asked suddenly noticing the number of fans near him, good thing he wasn't noticed, or else.. he didn't even want to think about it.

"Yes, he'll be there with you in about thirty minutes." The manager answered.

"Th-thirty minutes? There are a ton of fans like two blocks away from me, what do you expect me to do?"

 

"Just don't be seen."

"No, I won't be seen bu--

Sehun was cut off, not by his manager but by a fan, just a few blocks away.

"SEHUN OPPA!" She cried.
"Oh my God, he's there everybody."
"OMG OMG OMG It's him. It's him. It's him."
"Is he even real? I might die."
"What are you doing? Let's go! OPPA!"

The fan didn't only scream at Sehun's presence but also passed the message along to all the other female fans.
"Spoke to soon. They saw me. They're heading this way. What now?" Sehun gulped, he was in a very awkward situation here.

"There's just one way."

''And what is that?"

"Run."

"What--manager-nim? He-wai--" Sehun couldn't really continue, the line was cut off.
He could see a about fifty female fans running towards him, holding up banners, screaming. He couldn't really see any security guards, and he had sort-of asked his body-guard not to accompany him today. Where are these people when you need them? 
He had no other choice.


                                                                                    ****

Suzy's day didn't go so well, the interview was going great just until, the man came to learn about her brother. Then came the question that everyone asks, "Will you be able to dedicate yourself fully to this job?" And you already know the answer.
She did the usual walk-of-shame, on the roads, walking like a helpless woman. 
She finally thought she was losing herself, she must be hallucinating. She could see a guy running towards her from far away, well, not exactly towards her, but you get the point. What, the hell?
He ran pretty darn fast, she was oblivious to the reason why, he had been running until she spotted the herd of women chasing after him. Her jaw dropped. What is he, a criminal? She soon dropped the illogical-slash-stupid idea,
criminals are chased by the police, not hungry-looking crazy females. 

Sehun was a fast runner, which was definitely an advantage, if he wasn't half as fast he was, he probably would've been squashed by those fans. He was surprised the fans could actually keep up with him. How obsessive can people get? 
He kept looking back, and he could feel the number of women increasing, God knows why. This was by far the craziest thing he's EVER done.

The guy was getting closer, this is the kind of time when you move away, but Suzy being the usual air-head that she was kept staring with open. In no time at all, Suzy collided with the man. She lost her balance. "Ouch."

Sehun collided with a woman, women can be so problematic, they chase you, barge into you, just perfect.

This was so not a good day.


                                                                                    ****
 
"YAAAHHH!" Were the only words that continuously came out of Suzy's mouth.

She landed on Sehun's hand, which cushioned her head from the fall, Sehun on the other hand fell right to his back, in these situations you realize how hard the ground is. Suzy pushed herself up, she could see Sehun's face clearly now. She could see that he hit his back. Yes, she was dead-annoyed but she wasn't heartless, she offered him her hand.
Sehun had no other choice, he saved himself the pain and accepted it. 

Sehun's fans did not like the sight of him landing on a girl, even worse, a pretty girl. They were the ones that had been running after him for the last ten minutes, Sehun should land on them instead, isn't it? That's the law of he world!

Sehun could see the sight of his fans not so far away anymore, something more he could see was that, now they weren't just heading towards him, they were also aiming towards the girl he barged into. Suzy could see that pretty well too.
"I'm guessing you're a famous guy?" Suzy asked the blonde

Sehun didn't really say anything, but Suzy got her answer.

"S-so, those are supposed to b-be your f-fans?" Suzy asked him with a 'no-freaking-way!' facial expression.

The fans were getting closer, Sehun couldn't believe what was happening to him. These type of things don't even happen in movies for crying out loud. He faced the girl standing beside him and let out a sigh, I am going to regret this so much later.
H
e took Suzy's hand without much of a warning, and ran.