First

The Scene

“Lu Han from Victory High School, are you?” Chen asked as he entered the room with Zhang Yixing, as known as Lay.

“I am, sir.” he answered, stood up and bowed politely. Even from his appearance, they could  assume that Lu Han was a good student. Good looking and well-dressed, anyone would say that he came from a well-off family.

“Please take a sit, relax boy,” The cops gestured him the seat across them, well, Lay sat in between Chen and the young boy. This murderer case was finally opened and Jeon Boram’s death causes were going to be revealed, “First suspect, Lu Han from class 2-1, known as Boram’s boyfriend. Due to family problem, his parents transferred him to Seoul, South Korea from his hometown in China a year ago, and he lived in Korea unaccompanied.”

“Is that true?” Luhan nodded nervously.

“and this girl is your friend?” Lay questioned him while pointing at a high school girl’s picture. Dressed with neat uniform, her short hair tied in a cute ponytail and smiled brightly. It was good to see her smile, because he knew he would never see it anymore. Jeon Boram, his classmate since he moved to Korea. Luhan feelings for her were more than just a classmate. She got along well with others, and she, too, was nice to anybody. She was the one who introduced herself and her friends to Lu Han on his first day of school.

“Yes, sir.” he answered, taken aback by the memory of her. Lu Han and Boram had been close since the day he moved to Korea but had been dating for exactly three months, and a day before her death was actually their third month anniversary. They exchanged gifts as if nothing is going to happen.

“Where were you when it happened?” Chen leaned in and crossed his arms on the table.

“I was playing football with my friends, sir. We heard someone screamed. But we weren’t sure until now whose voice it is belong to,” Lu Han explained with his head down. It hurts to remember the day of his loved one’s death, “and I don’t think it belongs to Boram, her voice was just too deep yet this screaming, I just don’t think it is Boram’s lovely voice.”

“Who were you playing with?” Lay asked, slightly interested with the first suspect’s story. Sure, Lu Han was not the suspect. He wasn’t even there in the class when the tragic tragedy happened. Actually, there was two cases. It was not only about the murder case, but also what happened after it. The school called the police three days after Boram’s death and reported some supernatural stories they recieved from the students, especially Boram’s classmates. The murder case itself had not finished yet. The cops haven’t found out who the murderer was when the school called. And that was one reason why they decided to call every students who were close with Boram, treating her with good or bad, in order to find a solution for both problems.

“My friends. Kris, Tao, and Xiumin, sir,” he answered, trying to be as calm as he could but there was still a hint of nervous in his voice.

“So, what exactly had happened after her dying?” Lay indirectly asked about his supernatural experience in past five days. Lu Han was the first one in his class who felt it.

“It was four days after her death,” he started, slowly but made sure everything came out perfectly. “That night, I was alone. I accidentally left a thing in my class, so I came back to get that but..”

 

Tuesday, 17th March 2014

8:26 in the evening

“.” Lu Han cursed and stopped walking when he remembered about something. He turned his body around and jogged towards the bus stop he got off from a couple of minutes ago. Rubik’s cube was the only reason why he walked back to school at 8.30 in the evening. He had plenty of them, but this one was different. It was from Boram. The last thing he got from his girlfriend which had turned into his ex after her death. Her third anniversary gift, a 5x5 rubik’s cube with six different colors around it.

Five minutes later, a familiar bus came. He hopped in and sat as the bus started moving. That day, he went home late to clean Boram’s things and sent it to her house. He went back to school because he was sure his friends would attend extra class until nine p.m..

Lu Han looked out and saw a group of high school girls walking back from school, which surely made Lu Han recalled his memory of Boram. She was a humble girl and had so many friends. Social life and appearance didn’t matter at all. She accepted them all. Rich, poor, good-looking, nerds, all of them were her friend. Except the queenka of the school. Girls Day. Consists of Minah, Yura, Hyeri and Sojin, they hated Boram for so many reasons. They bullied her and hurted her in so many ways. Her classmates, teachers, and friends were all on her side. But no one can stop Girls Day. Even EXO, the most popular and coolest students in school couldn’t stop them.

‘VICTORY HIGH SCHOOL BUS STOP’ enormous sign was seen a kilometre away. Lu Han pressed the stop button and went off the bus right after it stopped right next to the sign.

“A-yo Lu Han what are you doing here, were you just got into the bus an hour ago?” Kris, the leader of EXO asked when he bumped into Lu Han at the bus stop. The extra class was surely ended earlier, because it was still ten minutes before nine o’clock.

“I left something in the class. Got to get it. See you tomorrow, Kris,” Lu Han said as he patted the leader’s shoulder and ran as fast as he could before the school guard lock up the gate. He knew he passed by some of his classmates like Xiumin and Eunjung, but he had no other choice other than pretending like not seeing them.

Lu Han ran up to the third floor where class 2-1 was and succeeded in three minutes only. Still panting, he walked through the dark hallway to his class. There were only four classes in the third floor. 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, and 2-4. All of them were filled up by students, except 2-2, the class that was right next to Luhan and Boram’s class. No one in the school knew the reason why it was empty, but there were so many rumours about that class. The most popular story about it was the creepiest. It said that the class 2-2 was where ghosts in school lived. But a careless boy like Lu Han didn’t believe it. ‘It was only a story,’ he thought.

Finally reached the empty class, Lu Han slided the class’ door open.

The next class’ door was slided open, too.

“Hello?” Lu Han made echos in the quiet hallway. No answer. “Anyone there?” he asked. Still, no answer.

Lu Han shrugged and turned his class’ lights on.

But oddly the next class’ light was too.

“Okay, that’s tad bit weird,” he whispered to himself. “I should tell the others tomorrow that the lights are on. They said the next class had no lamps.” Walking to his table in silence, he pulled his chair and took his rubik’s cube out from the drawer. While making his way out from the class, he heard someone called his name from outside.

“Yes?” he answered as he reached the hallway again. No one was there. Lu Han shrugged for the second time and turned the class’ lights off.

Again, the next class’ lights turned off, too.

“You must be kidding me,” he said while walking towards the next class.

“Hello?” he peeked the mysterious class through its window. “Anybody here?”

“Lu Han!” he once again heard someone called him, the sound was louder than before. It was girl’s voice and it sounded familiar to him, but he wasn’t sure whose was it. And the voice came from the 2-2 class, the place where the nightmare happened. Boram was found laying dead here, on a corner of 2-2 class. Bloods on the floor had already cleaned up after Lay and Chen investigated the class. But it still made Lu Han recalled his memory about her.

The cheering bell ringing and jingling, which was the exact sound with the church’s bell ringing the day when the preacher announced that Jeon Boram was dead. Scared and unsured Luhan walked slowly towards the door, and held its knob. Slowly but sure, he slided open its door. He had goosebumps as soon as he saw the whole dark class. His legs were weak, but he still manage to kept going in to make sure everything was okay.

BAAM!

A sound of someone banging a table was heard. It was from the corner of the class, but Lu Han couldn’t see well because it was still dark. His heart was beating fast, and his hands were sweating already.

Searching for the light switch, Luhan called once again. “Anybody there, I’m really going to report to the school guard if you guys won’t come out!” He shouted like a crazy person. The nerves of fear came into him but he was a man and, like it or not, be a dauntless.

He switched on the lamp but it didn’t . Again, sound of table banging was heard. But now it was from the other corner of the class. While kept making his way in step by step,  familiar scent tickled his nose. Vanilla scent. A scent that he used to love so much, obviously before Boram’s dead. Boram smelled like vanilla and he hated it when he remembered about her everytime he smelled it.

“Hello?” Lu Han repeated for so many times. This time, no answer. Thinking of going back to his house and pretend like nothing happened, another weird thing happened.

He heard footsteps from outside.

One step.

Two step.

It was finally standing right behind him.

my life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“LUHAN GEGE!!” it tapped Luhan’s shoulder who was still standing frozen.

Luhan turned his back and found Tao the maknae standing behind him. Lu Han didn’t replied and stand still. All things that happened all flashed in his mind. Tao didn’t have vanilla scent, though. He didn’t smell. Even sometimes he smelled bad, usually after sport lesson.

“ YOU!” he shouted while hitting the panda’s head.

“What the f-“ he frowned. “What did I do wrong?”

“You played with the lights, bang the tables and called my name, right? You brat.”

“Wha- no! I just came back from the toilet. My stomach was really hurt so I was left alone in the toilet while the others went home already,” he explained as he rubbed his head that was hurt by getting hit by Luhan.

Luhan stood still without saying anything.

So who was it? He thought.

“Why, ge?” Tao asked, waking Luhan up from his thoughtful mind about what just happened. A bit scared, curious, confused, and anything just mixed into his mind at the moment. There was no one there. Even Tao wasn’t there- he was in the toilet. That voice. That voice that called him. He was sure that he ever heard it before, not only once. A voice that he used to hear everyday. The way she called him. He couldn’t remember who was it.

“Ah- no, nothing,” he said, faking a smile. “Come on I’ll treat you food.” He patted his back and they walked out the school that night.

9:26 in the evening. Her first target: Lu Han.

 

[THE SCENE: LUHAN’S SIDE OF THE STORY]

“Yah! Pass the ball to me!” I shouted to Tao, the youngest member in my group, EXO. Kris, Tao, Xiumin, and I had been playing soccer half an hour ago. There were other classmates who joined us, too.

It was already 6 in the evening, but I was still at school, waiting for my lovely girlfriend, Boram, to finish some work she had to do. Kris, Tao, and Xiumin decided to wait with me because we were going to have dinner, celebrating my third month anniversary with Boram. I had prepared everything in an Italian restaurant nearby, and I was so excited to celebrate it with my buddies.

“GOAAL!!” Xiumin shouted right after he shoot the ball. Xiumin and Kris’ team lead with 3 points while my team still stucked in 2, both did by me. We continued playing for about ten minutes, before someone shouted from the third floor.

“AAAAAAAAAH!!!” it screamed. It was a girl’s voice for sure, and it was coming from third floor. The scream indirectly told us that she was in danger. It was different than excited shout or shock shout. She was terrified. All of us stopped playing, startled for a couple of seconds before running upstairs to see what happened.

We rushed up the stairs as if our butts were on fire. Xiumin and I checked class 2-1, Kris and Tao 2-3, and the rest looked into 2-4 class and the toilets. There was a girl playing soccer with us so she also checked the girls’ bathroom. Unfortunately, We found nothing, no one was there. There was only one place we haven’t check. The class 2-2.

We looked at each other, hestitant to go in and check if someone was there. I nodded, making sure that we should do this to reveal it. With the help of our school guard, we went in the class with a big torch in his and my hands. Kris, Tao, Xiumin, and the others tailed behind us.