10 Years

10 Years

A/N: To make me feel better and to help me get back into the writing spirit. Totally self-indulgent and I am not ashamed.

Warning(s): Too much fluff, lots of couple-y things, six of them are actual kids here and domestic fluff!! Enjoy!

        Kyungsoo inhales a deep lungful of salty ocean air and smiled at the waves crashing on the shore just feet from where he stand. He hears a loud yawn from behind and smiles before the arms wrap around his waist. He leans into his husbands embrace and feels him kiss the top of his head with a smile.

        “Why are you up so early on our anniversary. We’re supposed to sleep in on days like these.” Chanyeol says into the crook of his neck. Kyungsoo laughs and shakes his head. Just then the footsteps of three little kids can be heard coming towards them and Kyungsoo turns just as Jongin collides with Chanyeol’s leg and Chanyeol reaches down to catch him before he falls. Kyungsoo leans to pick up their oldest, Luhan, and smiles when Sehun clasps onto Chanyeol for dear life. Chanyeol picks up both of his toddlers and smiles at Kyungsoo. It’s been ten years since the day they said “I Do”; ten years of arguing and make-up , ten years of late night snacks and job stress, but only six years of hardly sleeping without at least one toddler in between them. They first adopted Luhan after four years of fretting about whether or not they should and they’d been really happy with him, but then, less than two years later, they could tell that Luhan would be lonely without any brothers or sisters so they decided on a surrogate for the second child, but one turned out to be two and Jongin and Sehun were born.

        “Papa, what are we eating for breakfast?” Luhan mumbles into Kyungsoos shirt rubbing his face around in it.

        “What do you guys want to eat today baby?” Luhan looks up and, with all the concentration his six year old body can handle, thinks about exactly what they’re going to eat.

        “Pancakes.” The three toddlers exclaim simultaneously and, if Kyungsoo didn’t know any better, he’d have sworn that the three were triplets. Kyungsoo laughs and kisses Luhan’s forehead as Chanyeol does the same with the other two. They lead the children to the little island in their kitchen and sit them all down on the stools in front of it. This has been a tradition since they first got the house: Sit the three children right in front of the island separating the stove from the stools then cook together and try not to make too much of a mess while doing so (that part is mainly for Chanyeol though). Kyungsoo gets out the necessary ingredients and Chanyeol makes faces at their children to make them laugh and smiles. He sets the ingredients down and reaches up to pat down a stray strand of hair on the top of Chanyeols’ head. Chanyeol smiles down at him lopsidedly and Kyungsoo can’t resist leaning up for a kiss.

        “Daddy, Jonginnie’s about to fall asleep at the table.” Sehun says with his little lisp being more prominent in the early morning than usual. Chanyeol goes over and kisses Jongin’s head.

        “Hey buddy, you have to wake up or else Sehunnie and Luhannie are going to eat all the chocolate chip pancakes without you.” Chanyeol tells Jongin and the toddler perks up a little with one of the cutest pouts on his face.

        “I’m awake Daddy.” Jongin mumbles and Kyungsoo smiles. He pours all the ingredients in a bowl and starts to mix them, but then he hears his children and his husband whine at him.

        “Fine, you guys can stir it.” Kyungsoo sighs playfully. He hands the three children small spoons and lets them stir it and, if this had been three years ago when he was still clueless, he would have freaked out about just how much mix landed on the children and Chanyeol than stayed in the bowl. Chanyeol smiles at him bashfully and Kyungsoo smiles. “Luckily, I have a backup.” Kyungsoo brings out his extra bowl of pancakes and from there on it a mixture of sleepy children fighting over nothing, Chanyeol being the tickle monster, the smell of bacon, egg, and chocolate chip pancakes. When the food is finally ready, they sit at their table and, as usual, the two toddlers take the space on their daddies’ laps while Luhan sits in between them. They spend the rest of the morning lazing around in the living room just watching TV and listening to the waves crash against the shore while taking a few catnaps here and there, and they would have stayed that way if Yifan and Yixing hadn’t dropped by unannounced and ruined the peacefulness that was their home.

        “Why are you guys here? This is our anniversary and we should be able to spend it doing absolutely nothing. Why are you here?” Kyungsoo whines at the two. Yifan and Yixing set down their four year old, Zitao, and their five year old, Baekhyun, and even Kyungsoo can’t be upset when the two wiggle their way into his and Chanyeol’s laps. Kyungsoo smiles and kisses Baekhyuns’ hair and ruffles it.

        “I guess all the little munchkins want to go to the beach and play?” Chanyeol asks all the children and they all nod and/or scream their approval. Kyungsoo laughs and sets Baekhyun down.

        “Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s go to the beach.”

~~~~~

        One great thing about living on the beach is that it seems like their children have the ocean running through their veins. Jongin is the best swimmer of the three, but they’re all great swimmers for their young age and though they can’t swim farther than where their daddies’ feet touch the ground, they still try to venture out a little farther. Today though, since there are other children who aren’t strong swimmers like them, they have to stay in the shallow part of the pool close to the beach. Usually Jongin would whine about it, but since he and Zitao are busy playing with the wet sand on the shore, he isn’t too bothered by it. Luhan, Sehun, and Baekhyun are splashing at each other and giggling with each other when Minseok and Jongdae bring their little Junmyeon over to join them. After the kids have successfully tired themselves out and look like they’ve been caked with mud, they decide to head back to Kyungsoo and Chanyeol’s house to rest for a while. Kyungsoo takes the three children into the bathroom and runs a bath for them.

        “Papa, do we have to take a bath?” Luhan asks him with a whine in his voice. Kyungsoo laughs and ruffles his hair making some of the sand fall to the floor.

        “You’re covered in sand, of course you have to take a bath. Now come on let’s get you guys all cleaned up, hmm?” Kyungsoo asks them. They all nod sadly and he can’t help the laugh that escapes at their sullen faces. Chanyeol, who was watching the entire ordeal, walks away from the bathroom with a smile and goes to plop down in the chair next to Yifan. Yifan pats him on the back and smiles like a proud father.

        “Ten years man.” Yifan says with wonderment lacing his tone.

        “Ten years. Time flew by so fast.” Chanyeol says thoughtfully.

        “Yep. Fifteen years ago, I never thought that you’d ever even get someone to settle down with, let alone get married to.” Yifan tells him. Yixing smacks his arm lightly.

        “That’s not nice Yifan.” Yixing says looking at him sternly. Yifan looks at him apologetically and Chanyeol smiles.

        “Sadly though, he’s kind of right. I was never one to stay in a relationship for longer than a few months.” Chanyeol agrees.

        “Other than Kyungsoo, your longest relationship maybe three weeks tops.” Minseok slaps his thigh as he sits across from him beside Jongdae. Jongdae smiles at him and Chanyeol coos.

        “I can’t believe you guys have been married for so long. I met Kyungsoo at your wedding actually.” Chanyeol says.

        “Yep, and I was annoyed by you because you were loud and obnoxious but you were kind of cute so I just got over it.” Kyungsoo states plopping down into Chanyeols’ lap and clasping onto his hand and kissing it.

        “I thought you were too stuffy and stuck up first but you were cute when you smiled and I wanted you to do it more.” Chanyeol tells him with a fond smile.

        “So then you kept acting like an idiot to make me laugh and it actually worked.” Kyungsoo says.

        “And the only thing I wanted to do that entire night was ask you on a date.” Chanyeol tells him.

        “But you didn’t and you forced me to do it instead.” Yifan tells him. They all laugh and Chanyeol tosses a pillow at Yifans’ head.

        “And if it hadn’t been for Chanyeol dragging you along to their first date, you wouldn’t have met me.” Yixing tells Yifan and presses a soft kiss to his lips.

        “Gross. This isn’t even your anniversary.” Chanyeol tells them. Before the story can be finished, they all hear Zitao yell “Daddy.” From the other bathroom.

        “I’m gonna go get the kids, I’ll be right back.” Yifan tells Yixing with a chaste kiss.

        “I think I need to go get the kids too. They might try to drown Luhan or something.” Kyungsoo says and Chanyeol would disagree, but the first time they had the three boys bathe together Kyungsoo had had to give Luhan CPR and they were banned from bathing together for almost a year. Kyungsoo walks into the bathroom and sees his little boys trying not to slip as they climb out of the tub and he smiles.

        “Papa I can’t get out.” Jongin pouts and Kyungsoo kisses his nose and pulls him out of the tub. The bottom of the tub is covered in at least an inch of sand and Kyungsoo knows he’s probably gonna have a hard time getting it out of the tub, but that’ll have to wait because right now he had three little boys in desperate need of a towel. He hands Sehun his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles towel, Luhan his Madagascar towel, and Jongin his Cars towel and watches as the try to dry themselves with their tiny arms and too big towels. He kisses their foreheads and securely wraps their towels around them.

        “Guys, go get dressed for dinner ok? Luhan, try to help your little brothers put their clothes on right this time please?” Kyungsoo says looking at Luhan’s mischievous smirk.

        “No promises Papa.” Luhan says. Kyungsoo bends down to his level and tries not to smile but when Luhan flashes him a smile, he can’t help himself.

        “How about this, if you put their clothes on the right way, you can all have a little bit of extra desert.” Luhan looks nothing more than determined.

~~~~~

        After dinner, Minseok and Jongdae offered to take more like stole the kids and leave the two alone for the night and Kyungsoo is glad for that because the noises he’s been making from beneath Chanyeol couldn’t be stifled if he tried. Chanyeol looks beautiful right now; kiss swollen lips, sweat forming on his brow, arms flexing with the effort to keep himself up, and eyes concentrated on Kyungsoos face. Kyungsoo can feel the slow tempo of Chanyeol’s building up his own release at a fast pace. Chanyeol knows, always knows, and smiles down at him. He presses a deep kiss to Kyungsoos’ mouth and smiles against it. The reach their es at the exact same time and Kyungsoo realizes that he missed this. He voices that to Chanyeol as he settles behind him and wraps his arms around his waist.

        “I miss it too, but that’s the price we pay for having kids, huh?” Chanyeol says kissing his temple. Kyungsoo hums and can’t help but ask what’s been on his mind all day.

        “Did you ever think that we’d be married with kids when we first met?” Kyungsoo asks turning around in Chanyeol’s embrace. There’s a soft breeze blowing through their balcony door (that Chanyeol never shuts) and the waves are still crashing the way they always do. Kyungsoo loves the familiarity that comes with the waves. The sound is almost as comforting as Chanyeol himself.

        “I knew I wanted to be with you for a long time.” Chanyeol says deep voice booming in the silent room. Kyungsoo smiles and kisses his collarbone sweetly.

        “Me too.” Kyungsoo drifts off to sleep thinking about just how crazy his family is and just how much he’d do to protect them. He falls asleep to the sound of the waves and Chanyeol’s soft snores.

A/N: So this is the possible two-shot that I was talking about and I just couldn’t help myself because married with kids Chansoo is my weakness. I hope you guys enjoyed this and this is actually the shortest thing I’ve written in a while. Any mistakes made are my own and the only thing I own is the storyline. Tell me what you guys think, your comments might make me feel better! Have a nice morning/afternoon/night lovelies!!!! <3