-001-

Keen to be green.

 

-001-

FIERCE FAIRIES THEORY

 

Imagine a mysteriously looking fortress, standing by the pebbly shore of Heron cove, casting a cool shadow over the numerous meadows and fields of the southern lands of the Marsh Harpy kingdom, its silhouette majestically clawing onto the clouds…

Nothing too stunning, huh? What’s with the name anyway, Marsh Harpy kingdom? It’s not like there are any wetlands anywhere, and let’s not even talk about the harpy thing, good thing they are already extinct, those ugly pterodactyl creatures.

Oh, yeah, where was I.

…reaching unbelievable heights and so on and so forth. The spacy halls and chambers, the cultivated gardens (not really) and a huge library with tons of scripts, put that all together and you get the Nightingale fortress. The place where I live.

Not for a long time, just for the last two years actually, but yeah, this is the place I can finally call home. It wasn’t easy you know, being born to ignorant parents and growing up in the hostile environment my family was. So, even though not voluntarily, I’m glad I ended up in this place.

But enough of the cheesiness for now, I have better things to do.

I carefully pushed a few branches from my view, trying not to be really obvious but failing, like usually. The blond fairy turned around and glared at me, and I knew it was too late to try and hide again, but the guy just shrugged and put his arms around the other boy, urging him to hurry up.

They disappeared in heavy wooden door, leaving me outside all alone. I heaved a sigh and came out of my hideout. Heading to the training circle (where I was supposed to be like fifteen minutes ago), I let my mind run around.

Who were they? I wish I knew, though I’d bet all of my money (that’s none) they’re the new stuff Jinki was talking about. The blond one was surely a fairy, but that wasn’t that hard to guess with those fluttering little wings of his and those annoying sparkly thingies flying around his head.

Talking about fairies, I really don’t get why people think they are so awesome. I mean, everyone is always like ‘fairy powder this, inner glow that’, it’s honestly stupid. I once knew a fairy called Soojung and she was like the devil incarnate itself. Oh and how evil she was, I can still see her impish smirk like it’s just yesterday.

Shaking of the horrible memories, I had to tame my thoughts and focus back on the original topic. So yeah, that guy was a fairy, most probably a dumb one (heh, all of them are dumb). And the other one… all I know about that one is that he is a cute, petite brunette. Aaaand there we get to the reason why I was hiding behind that rose bush.

You see, I’m a er for everything cute and let me tell you, this guy was like the cutest thing ever. His hair looked so fluffy and he was just squishy all over and I think I forgot how to breath for a minute there (I know, it’s such cliché to say he took my breath away, and until then I didn’t think such a thing is even possible but now I could just hug the person who thought that phrase off because without him I wouldn’t know how to describe how I felt when I first saw him, not the person, but the cute little squishy guy… do you think he would get angry if I called him squishy? Maybe he would think I’m trying to say he’s fat?).

And that’s a perfect example of wrong usage of a bracket, I have to say I’m good at that.

So to sum it all up, I was stalking him. Well at least until that ugly fairy decided to ruin my fun.

 

 

“And here I thought you’re not showing up anymore,” Jinki looked at me not really amused. I gave him a slight bow and muttered a half-hearted sorry. It’s not the first nor the last time I’m coming late to a lesson.

Jinki pulls a wand out of his sleeve and mentions for me to prepare my own. “So, let’s start. Today we will be trying to put in use what I taught you last time. Get relaxed and try to focus on the flow of energy through you wand. Feel it? Good. As you already know, the wand helps you to concentrate the energy and to get it out of the elements around you. What we are trying to do is to make you capable of taking it without any help. From the air, water, earth, anything. Now, put your wand aside and lay your hands on the ground, which is the easiest matter to work with. Of course, in a battle it would be rather…”

As I tried my best to follow Jinki’s instructions, my thoughts got messy again. It was unusual and a bit weird to see Jinki this serious. I can’t remember any other occasion outside our lessons when he would pull this kind of face.

You see, although Jinki is the only sorcerer alive in the whole kingdom, he doesn’t really act like that. I remember when I first met him, I was standing in the library, waiting for someone to come and tell me what to do (I was nervous and in an unfamiliar place, okay), when he strutted through the door in a pink wizard-y hat (the pointed one) and started to give me questions like “what does a rock say when it meets the mountain” or “how high do you have to throw a horse to teach it how to fly”. I have to admit it freaked me out but later it turned out he was just trying to tell me joke. Oh well, he’s just the kind of person you have to get used to (after two years, I’m still in the process of doing so).

The lesson finally ended and we got no progress as always. It used to disappoint me but not anymore, as long as I don’t manage to burn my hair again (don’t ask).

 

 

The impact sent me flying down and soon I found myself sitting on my with the scripts I was carrying scattered all around me. I looked up and regretted it right away because there was a pair of furious eyes glaring at me from beneath blond bangs. Take those eyes and paste them onto a pale face with a constant scowl and you get the blond fairy (see, there is nothing adorable about them).

I’m not a wimp, okay, but all I could do at the moment was to stare at him and stutter something along the lines “oh my gosh I’m so sorry” and maybe even “please don’t kill me”. So yeah, maybe I indeed am a little bit of a wimp, whatever. It was a fairy for potato’s sake, they are ing scary.

“Oh no, are you okay?!” there was an angelic voice and for a second I thought I’m already dead and my guardian angel came to take me up to heaven but then a petite figure came rushing to me and pulling me onto my legs (which was not an easy task since they were like made from jelly).

It took me a few more seconds but I finally regained my composure. “Y-yeah, I’m fine.”

The guy in front of me smiled but his hands continued to roam my body, trying to find out if I really was “fine” or not. It was making me a bit uncomfortable, but then I realised it’s the squishy brunette from before and decided I didn’t mind at all.

“I’m Kyungsoo,” he said, extending a hand towards me (which I might have taken a little bit too eagerly) and then pointed to the still scowling fairy. “And this person here is Sehun. Don’t mind him, he’s always like this.”

And that just further proves my evil-fairies theory.

“I’m-”

“Jongin, we know.” That was the first thing Sehun had said to me and I wouldn’t mind if it was also the last. I gave him an awkward smile and turn back to Kyungsoo.

“I heard you are going to be in charge of the gardens?” Well at least that’s what Jinki told me.

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo smiled a pretty smile (not too bright but still glowing – ah, perfection). I think it actually made me blush a bit, but it was already dark outside and the lighting in the hall helped me to cover it a bit (but then I heard Sehun scoff so maybe not).

“Good luck with that,” I said and it sounded so lame but I didn’t care. Kyungsoo was smiling at me and I couldn’t tear my eyes away from his face.

The brunette guy laughed a bit and winked at me. “Not going to need that. We’ve got the preconditions, if you know what I mean… Good night, Jongin.” With that, he turned around and set off to somewhere else. Sehun threw a one last glare at me before catching up with him and clinging to his arm. What a sight.

And what was that with the whole “we’ve got the preconditions, if you know what I mean” thing? Because I honestly don’t know. Well of course, Sehun is a fairy so he obviously has a better connection with nature then normal people but I had seen no wings on Kyungsoo any… where…

Wait! Don’t tell me… the green flash in his pretty eyes, the pale, almost transparent skin, the earthy smell, the small but strong form…

Oh no, please don’t tell me he’s a dryad!

 

-

Hey guys! I don't know if there is anyone who has been waiting for this update but if yes, I'm sorry it took so long :D I must say I don't really know how to fell about this and it didn't turn out as funny as I thought it would but I kinda still like it so I hope you would too.

Writing from Jongin's point of view is fun, I enjoyed it and I hope you will enjoy reading it too :)

Please, don't mind my grammar mistakes, read, comment, subscribe, upvote and enjoy! ^^~