Such Sad Sights

03:17

I have watched many people of this world go. They live then they die. Humans are simple creatures, yet they live in much complications; an example is you got to eat to survive. To me, this is just another threat to those humans. Unfortunatly for them, they got to make money to get food to survive. Isn't this unfair? Shouldn't water be free? Oh well, this does not concern me. All I have to do is continue to let time pass for them and try to keep the present.

I wonder if time is the real killer, not Death it self. I have watched my friend take their souls to wherever they go next, I have seen my friend let them relive in another life, but no matter what he will always have to come back for them. I feel bad for Death and myself, we will never be able to escape, for this is our job. I collaborate with Death, I watch humans die, and I feel bad sometimes. Some humans work themselves to death, others end it, and then I see them slowly wither away. Sometimes, I want to be a human, something that will die. To watch upon my throne of such sad sights and knowing there will never be an end until the end of their world, because everything and everyone will die. But sometimes, we are not the only ones watching them die, sometimes there are supernatural beings on earth and it feels less lonely. Sometimes I actually talk to those mystic beings and give them a greeting, but usually they are fearful, furious, or wary of me. Maybe this because they keep living. 

Death is the end of their life and I am the passing of their life. 

I wonder if we are the same, really. 

Spending time with humans, though, is somewhat fun. The good thing about being Time is that it is practically my job to be on earth and kill time there. It is tiring though, I still have to keep their time going as I am walking around, but it is okay. Another good thing is that I am not as busy Death.

The best thing in the human world is the energy. Most have motivation to live the time of their before the inevitable, so they live their life to the fullest.

I decided to take a human form to walk around instead of being just a mindless spirit, well I still am, but at least I can walk around. One of the best things about the human world are the gardens, so I walk to the local park. Wait, where am I? Ah, that's right, I am in South Korea. The local park has a playground occupied by youthful children, there are teenagers walking around in groups, and there are older people with couples. 

I see an old man sitting on a bench, reading. His end is soon, it will be another 647 days till then. I decided to walk up to him in pity.

"Hello, sir."

The old man looked up to me and smiled, his eyes turning into small crescents and friendly demeanor, "Hello."

I sat beside the man, "How are you today?"

The man folded the top corner of his book then turned to me, "I am fine, and you?"

"I am doing well."

His name is Kim Seokhyun, age 94. He has had three children, lived a simple life. Made money as a carpenter and was happily married until his wife died of leukemia at age 71. 

"You know, watching these children remind me of my youth. Time passes so fast and before you know it you are already 94."

I smiled gently, "Yes, it does. Before you know it Death will find you.'

Seokhyun look at me curiously, "Such deep, yet disturbing words for a boy of your age. May I know your name?"

"I am," I tried to remember back to one of my favorite humans, "I am Xiao Luhan, I am 25."

Seokhyun nodded his head, "Chinese, right? I'm Kim Seokhyun," Seokhyun laughed, "One of my great grandsons is around your age."

"Is that so?"

"Yes, the sad part is that I do not remember his name."

"Ah, I see."

The old man began to slowly lift himself from the bench, "I must be going now. Have a good day."

I nodded and watched him walk on the sidewalk.

I turn my head to watch the children play, but it seems my bad omens have come back to me.

A sudden pain whipped across the side of my head causing me to fall onto the other side of the bench.

It's those ing balls, something about balls makes them want to hit me, they never liked me and always, always, find a way to my face.

"Hey! Are you okay? I'm so sorry!"

As I held onto the side of my face, I looked over to see a young boy running to me. At first, he looked for his ball and grabbed then turned his attention to me, "I'm so sorry, man. I just kicked the ball and I don't know what happened! It wasn't going your way at all, but it hit your face! How in the hell did that happen?!"

At this point, the boy was flailing his arms in clear distress.

I chuckled lightly, "It's okay, it seems that my curse will never end, it's unfortunate, really."

I took a real, good look at him. He seems to have dyed his hair an orange type of color, it somehow contrasted well with his pale skin. He is petite and very cute. His face a bit chubby, but his body is really thin. I glanced at his hands.

I glanced at his hands.

Creatures, every type of creature, not matter what the being is, I will be able to look at these creature's hands and see their entire life, their entire past, present, and even future. I am able to see their death date. Film wraps around their hands flipping from their past to future.

I looked at his neck, there should be a gray ring around their neck, almost like a collar. On the front of the collar is their death date.

Their necks are for meant for Death and their hands are meant for me. 

On this boy, there is nothing.

I do not see anything.

Panic began to rise in my throat, I cannot see this boys past, present, nor his future. I don't understand, what is this being? No matter what type of being it is I will always be able to see their time, but there is nothing! Does he not exist? That is impossible, even if it were seconds ago I should be able to see. I don't see anything of him!

I must call Death.

Faking a smile, I raise my hand initiating a handshake, "Hello, my name is Luhan, yours?"

He took my hand, smiling brightly, "I'm Minseok."

I still cannot see him.

 

 

 


A/N: Hellooo~~ I kinda winged this chapter, like no plan at all. I hope it's good though and makes sense. Feel free to comment and whatever you peeps do~ I'm thinking about going to poster shop thing people do on here for this fanfic, I think I'm addicted since I got one for my another fanfic of mine. Well, anyways, have a wonderful day, or at least better than mine~ ^-^

Song/Albums of the Day:

U-KISS - Mono Scandal

Chen - Best Luck {It's Okay, That's Love OST}

oh , this is totally fab. srsly, i'm so happy he got a solo~~

but look at these cute as pikachus

tumblr_n9903hg5TB1r8sc3ro2_1280.gif

tumblr_n9903hg5TB1r8sc3ro4_500.gif

tumblr_n9903hg5TB1r8sc3ro1_500.gif