Chapter 03.

New Beginnings

 

~~~

Kyuhyun

"So,I've already decided on the day,just 2 weeks from now."

I gasped."So fast?" The adults nodded while I took a moment to digest the information.Gosh,how am I gonna tell Seohyun?

"We still need to make reservations and the odering of food for the wedding," Omuni added.I was devasted. All I could do was nod,sigh and pretended to look interested. Im Yoona didn't look any different from me. She seemed traumatized,perhaps,she was biting on her lip.That's strange.For once she wasn't shooting glares or teasing me.

"Yah,Yoona,what's with your facial expression?" I whispered to her while nudging her arm.She seemed rather surprised at my question,but eyed me suspiciously. I avoided her gaze and turned towards my parents.

"Nothing's wrong with me.Waeyo?" Her eyes narrowed. I mumbled incoherently, "It doesn't seem like 'nothing' to me."

"Yah! Why must you be such a busybody? I said it's nothing!" She snapped. I snorted at her then scolded myself. Why must you care if she's alright or not? Aish...She's probably grumpy over some trival matter....not my business anyway.

"I have something to say," I interrupted the adults' conversation. "We're too young,how can we get married?" I protested hoping that they'll change their minds. "Well,you're both 18 right?" Mr Im started. Both Yoona and I nodded. "Well,that's the legal age for marriage.So both of you will get married,no complaints." My dad said firmly. Shoot....seems like no escape.

"It'll be a rather quiet wedding,which means that only your closest friends,family and relatives will be invited.It'll be nice if we can invite your classmates too,but unfortunately we've very little time left for the preparations." Mr Im said,and I heaved a sigh of relief.I didn't need other people spouting more nonsense. But my happiness was short lived.

"Yoona will be moving to stay in our house starting from tomorrow!" I stared at them,feeling faint. "But it's not yet after the wedding!" Yoona exclaimed incredulously."But you've to get use to each other! And Kyuhyun you'll both go to school together."

"This is illegal!" I yelled, but my mother glared at me.

"Alright omuni," I mumbled glumly,folding my arms. 

Can this day get any worse?

 

~~~

 

Yoona

I took my clothes,folding it neatly and placing it in my half full hello kitty luggage.It was early in the morning,but I was already throwing and stuffing my clothes into the bag.

"Finally!" I sighed and sat on the foot of my bed.All I needed now was to wait for my enemy.

My enemy....

I guess this is it. I'm gonna stay with a jerk that I loathe. I can't do anything about it anyway. I heard a loud honk,then realised he had arrived.He gave a few more inpatient honks before I yelled down in an annoyed tone.

"I'm coming alright!!!! You don't need to be so impatient!"

"What's with the Hello Kitty luggage? Just how old are you?"

"Shut up." I muttered. Idiot.

"Yoona!" My mum shouted and then took one more fleeting hug before kissing me on the forehead. "Be an angel and I'll visit both of tomorrow with your dad!" I pouted. "And don't sulk! Oh,please take care of her Kyuhyun! Bye sweetheart!" She added,beaming then bading goodbye. Jeez...mum is so...typical. Oh well,not the first time.

We arrived a few minutes later,and throughout the whole car journey it was total silence.I'd taken a few glances at his face,but never actually paying attention to his looks before.He was handsome,I admitted really grudgingly,his smooth yet strong features and charisma.But even so,his cheeks were a little sunken and there were dark circles under his eyes.

"You had a sleepless night?"

"Yeah,how do you know?" He frowned. "Your face. Figures."

He rolled his eyes then got off the car. I followed suit,climbing out of the car. "Oh,Yoona!"

"Hi Mrs Cho,"I greeted her cheerfully,bowing a 90°. "Oh,don't be too formal,just call me omuni." She smiled at me. "Oh,wait,Kyuhyun,before you go,please help Yoona move her stuff to your room!" Omuni called towards her son. "Wae? Why-"

"Well,she'll be sharing a room with you! And a bed too!"

"Bwo?! Omma!" He whined.I sighed at how stupid he was. I shook my head,telling omuni that I'll bring the luggage instead. "I can't believe I'll share a bedroom with you!" Not like as if I'm happy.

"Obviously Kyuhyun,we're gonna get married,remember?" I retorted dully.What does he expect? He's just so dumb.

"Oh yeah." He scratched his head awkwardly. I sighed, yet again,then shrugged.

"I'm gonna take a bath."

 

~~~

 

It was night time but I wasn't tired at all.I sat at one side of the bed,while kyuhyun sat at the other. I started putting bosters and pillows in the center,making it look like a line. He stared at me curiously. "What are you doing?"

"Making a line,duh." I rolled my eyes,then proceeded into aligning the pillows. "Now,don't cross this line,don't rearrange the pillows and last of all,no touching me!" I stated sternly ignoring his 'obviously' face expression.

"Like why the hell do I want to touch you?" He snorted. "Just go to sleep Yoona,stop bickering.You're irritating me." He groaned then plopped on the opposite side of me.After a while,he finally muttered.

"Goodnight Im Yoona."

I was rather startled,but nonetheless replied in a muffled voice.

"Goodnight."

 

~~~

 

Days few pass so quickly it seemed hardly like a blink.Hours felt like minutes and minutes felt like seconds.I was able to avoid curious glares and stares at to why the two enemies was walking together.We hardly spoke to each other in fact,both of us were too focused and busy in our own activities. It wasn't long before the most dreaded day came.

I braced myself,clutching the hem of my long veil.The white dress which actually belonged to my mum,now still sparkle under the dim light of the lamp. There was a long vintage lace around my waist and my hair was curled and tied up into a bun,with a few strands hanging on the side of my head.

 

*Flashback*

"Yoona dear,come here." My mum motioned to me with a bright and cheerful grin. I walked towards her,curious on what she was holding.

"It's a wedding dress that I used to wear,I'm now going to pass it to you to wear." I gasped as the magnificent white gown was taken out. It glittered,and it still looked new.

"Omma,it's beautiful," I said breathlessly,still not believing that I would be wearing it. I tried it on,and it looked so pretty. "Wow,you're so beautiful!" Omma said excitedly while I blushed.

It's just a pity that I can't wear it in a happy occasion.

*End of flashback*

 

I got up from the seat,staring one more time at the mirror and taking a last glance at myself.My face was thick with make up,and I was pretty amazed at how I looked. My cheek has a rosy colour and I gazed at the sad looking pair of eyes staring back at me. Today I will not be single,the stubborn choding,but someone's wife.

From this day onwards,I'll no longer be Im Yoona but Cho Yoona. Urgh,sounds weird,I shuddered.

"Hey,Yoong," I heard a soft voice behind me. "Yes,kkab Yul?" I smiled with false cheeriness. 

"Come on,cheer up! What's with the long blank face? You're finally getting married! And to think I was hoping to get married earlier," She chuckled,earning a few glares from me.

"Not funny Yuri. You think I'm happy? How can I be?" I snapped.She paused for a moment,and contemplated on what she wanted to say.

"Well,I understand. The wedding's about to start Yoona,don't get to sad,arasso? Smile,that's better ," Yuri sighed sympathetically,turning to the door.

"But maybe someday Yoona,trust me,you'll come to like him. Someday,"  She gave me a half smile before going out.

I stared at the empty wall,letting her words float and repeat in my mind.

Was it true? Am I gonna fall in love with him? Her words echoed in my mind,and I shook my head to clear it.

"But maybe someday Yoona,trust me,you'll come to like him. Someday."

 

~~~

 

No one's POV

"Do you,Miss Im Yoona,take Mr Cho Kyuhyun as your lawfully wedded husband?"

The young girl her lacy white gown,her palms sweating.Hesitating,she paused for a moment.

"Y-Yes,I-I do." She stammered nervously.

Oh gosh,I don't love him at all!

The priest then turned towards Kyuhyun.

"Do you,Mr Cho Kyuhyun,take Miss Im Yoona as your lawfully wedded wife?" Kyuhyun bit his lower lip,his head inclined low.Then with a monotonous voice,he answered,"I do."

How I wish the girl beside me is Seohyun.

"Then,I pronounce you husband and wife."

Those few words rang in their heads,and the people watching cheered. Yoona's tears welled up,her hands shaking. The motionless Kyuhyun could only stare at her tear-stained face and lean closer. He placed a small peck on her lips,and quickly drawn away.

Shocked,Yoona could still feel that little tingly feeling on her lips,her face flushing pink. Finally,the stoic and silent Kyuhyun whispered.

"You okay? Your face looks red.And why are you crying?"

"Nothing....I'm just....sad...." She replied in a muffled tone,but dried her tears when she saw her friends and families walking to her. "Congratulations,my dear," Her parents gave her a small hug. "We'll miss you."

"Congrats Yoong!" Yuri yelled,pushing past the crowd and giving Yoona a tight hug. "And you too." She added warmly to Kyuhyun.

"Aww...I'm so sad Yoong,since now you're no longer single,I'm the one left out," Yuri pouted. Chuckling at her sad face,Yoona shook her head.

"Nah,you'll find your Mr.Right soon."

"Yeah....Maybe..... Anyway,congrats again to Kyuhyun and Yoongie!!!!!"

 

~~~

Kyaa~~~~~

So damn freaking happy now(:

Haha,finally,after what seemed like a thousand years,my exams are over!!! Which means I can update more frequently now^^

Probably once every 2 or 3 days. Coz.... No Exams=More updates!!!!! So......I've updated it !!!!

Was it ok? I know this chapter is also short,but I'm trying to update as soon and as much as possible :]

Pls tell me if this fic is ok or something,and if you have any enquiries or unsure about some stuff,feel free to ask or comment on my wall or the comment box XD

So sit back,relax,and read!!!! Enjoy!!!!!

I also want to apologise for any grammatical or spelling errors inside,I'm like too lazy to edit -.- LOL

One last thing though....comment,ok?? I'm like so hyper now coz lots of you commented :) You people juz make my day. Subscribe too<33333

 

I've changed the title from 'A New Beginning of My Life' to 'New Beginnings'. I've also proofread everything. From now on I will update this story more often^^ Thanks!