Chapter 02.

New Beginnings

~~~

Yoona

This...

is...

definitely...

not....

happening...

Yes,I must be dreaming.And tomorrow I'll wake up and find myself lying on my comfy bed,hugging my favourite pillow.

I pinched my arm,wincing then staring right ahead.Ok,no doubt I'm sitting on the chair,with Cho Kyuhyun in front of me,quietly munching on the food.Crap.What just happened?Oh,I remember now. I must have been in a dazed state after seeing the person I detested and loathed most,then unknowingly landed myself here.

"What are you staring at huh," He glared at me.

"Nothing,and it's none of your business." I answered coolly,then turning to my parents,who were chatting animatedly.I sighed.

Adults,they're always like that.I'm still confuse on why I had to come here.Plus I didn't know our parents were friends. Great. Wonderful. I groaned inwardly,and continued chewing on my food. Bleh,the food tasted like rubber, I must have lost my appetite.

Mr Cho probably realized my uncomfortable face, he asked me in a concerning voice, "Are you alright Yoona?You feeling ok?" I heard Kyuhyun scoffed, and I replied politely that I was fine. I didn't want him to know that I couldn't eat,it would be rude.

"Yoona,Kyuhyun, you both seem really quiet.Why don't Kyuhyun you take Yoona a walk around the park?" Mrs Cho gestured to us. Kyuhyun mimed gagging.

"No,it's ok,I mean,I don't really feel like," I answered faintly,but seeing the kind smiles on my parents faces,I coudn't object.I got up reluctantly,then followed Kyuhyun to the garden. It was dark outside but under the moonlit light,a variety of flora and fauna could be seen at the sides.

We stopped at a bench and sat down.It was an awkward silence,and I tried to look everywhere except at him.Finally he broke the silence.

"So...Do you know why you had to come here?"

"No...Actually not.I'm quite surprised actually."

"Quite?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Fine,very." I murmured grumpily. "Omma told me I would be visiting a girl,yet it turned out to be you."

"Yeah,same.My mum told me the guest will be a guy,but it wasn't." He sighed heavily."I didn't know both of our parents are best friends.Looks like we'll be seeing each other more often." We both groaned.

It was quiet again,except fot the wind howling and the chilly air seem to make me shiver.Blame it entirely on me for not wearing something thicker. I felt something draped onto my shoulders and realised it was a jacket. I glanced at Kyuhyun and saw that he had taken his jacket off.

"Here.You were shivering and I thought you needed it." He mumbled awkwardly. I was rather baffled by his generosity but grateful anyway.

"Thanks," I muttered, blushing a little.

"Come on,I think it's time to go back.Our parents will wonder where we went." He said shortly and I nodded. We walked to our parents, only to see them still talking. I was a little annoyed,they had not tell me what I was here for.

"Omma,appa."

"Hi! You're back! So how's the walk? Ok?"

"Yeah....Not bad," I stared nervously at Kyuhyun. "Anyway,can you all please tell us what's the meaning of this sudden meeting?" Kyuhyun asked abrubtly. We were quiet for a few moments before my Dad said,"We wanted to tell you a surprise."

"What?" I replied dully.They were so slow.

I took a sip of my fruit punch and sat next to them while Kyuhyun sat opposite me. "Just get on with it Dad." I said tersely. I was getting edgy,seeing the uncanny silence surrounding me and how the parents keep glancing around at each other. I sighed. 

"Well,it's good news for both Kyuhyun and you?" Good news? How can anything to do with Kyuhyun be good news? It was probably something bad thus I braced myself.

"We're arranging a marriage for both you!" Mrs Cho exclaimed excitedly,jumping up and down like a five-year-old kid. I was momentarily stunned. Wait,WHAT?!

"A-Are y-you s-s-sure?" I spluttered through my clenched teeth. I hope my ears were deceiving me. "Hold on,you're gonna what?" Kyuhyun yelled.My eyes were blurred and I felt like falling.Don't tell me this is true.

"You're gonna get married!" They said cheerfully. I was seriously stumped.

Okay,I seriously need to go to the doctor to check my ears....

 

~~~

 

"They what?" Yuri shrieked,leaping to her feet and the books on her lap feel with a thud.

"I know...." I hissed sourly. "And of course I already tried objecting! But parents are parents,I can't disobey! Not as if I'm happy!" I shouted frustratingly, nearly wrenching my hair from its roots. How can my parents be like that? Marriage is not something we play around with! I cursed under my breath.

 

*Flashback*

"So we're actually done planning."

"W-wait,you already planned about it before?" Me and Kyuhyun both yelled in unison.They nodded enthusiastically.

"No appa,I object,I won't-"

"No saying no young man! Our decision is final." Mr Cho stated firmly.

"But but.....Even so,why?" I whined.

"We were thinking of combining our company to one,so that we can work together. Anyway,it's our business,we've been friends for so long,we're just joining our shares." I was at the verge of tears.

"How could you do that? You know I will never accept! And we're enemies!"

"You are? But it's ok. Well,no objection.We're your parents,you've to listen. The marriage is in less than a month."

"I-what?"

"Yes Kyu."

Mrs Cho beamed. What the hell????!!!! Less than a month left to enjoy being single?! After that I've to suffer living with this jerk! Urgh! I hate my life!

*End of Flashback*

 

"I knew it! I knew it I knew it!" Yuri gave a little jump. "Knew what?" I asked, bewildered. "I knew this kind of things will only happen to you,coz you're a pabo."

She stuck her tongue at me. I sighed,a little too angry to feel amused. I was already too depressed and furious to actually feel anything. Most of all,I was confused. Did I do anything bad to deserve this? Oh well,not counting the time when I took my classmate's pencil and broke it. Hey,I was five then.

Well,what did I do to actually have to receive this 'punishment' ? Not only was it about marriage,it's with my BIGGEST ENEMY. I probably wouldn't mind so much if it was a close friend.My thoughts were interrupted by Yuri babling at top speed. Urgh,irritating.

"-and I told you it'll be true! You just don't believe!"

"What? Don't believe what exactly?" I scrunched my nose and frowned. She took a deep breath,sighed then shook her head. "Zoning out again? Well,didn't you forget? I asked you before.Whether you may get into one." My mouth fell into an 'O' shape. Was everthing I said a jinx or something? I nodded carefully,seeing her smirking face.

"Oh well,you just have to survive with him." She replied smugly. I cringed. Imaging having to face him EVERYDAY,cook for him,even SLEEP on the same bed.Gahh, it will be horrible,I shuddered. Life with him in every single second will be a terror. Absolute nightmare.

"So are you planning to have kids?" Yuri finally sat next to me.

"With who?"

"Kyuhyun of course."

"ANDWAE! NO WAY! How can you say that! I screeched,alarmed. I'm NEVER EVER gonna have kids with him. No effing way. Kyuhyun probably has his own girlfriend. Speaking of which,does he have one?

"Yah,does Kyuhyun have a girlfriend?" I poked her at her ribs. She flinched and rubbed her sore ribs. "Ow...you don't need to be so violent.And yes,he does. Remember Seohyun?" I was deep in thought. Hmm....Seohyun....Ah! It rings a bell!

"Yeah,I remember her.Waeyo?"

"She's his girlfriend."

"Chinjia?" That monster's friend with such a nice girl? "I know what you're thinking Yoong.She's not such a nice person you know." She continued darkly.

"Looks can be deceiving,'' Yuri added.Seohyun,the kind girl that helped me up when I fall durin P.E? Bad? I shook my head fervently.She was so polite and feminine-like! How could she be evil? But she won't be happy,I don't blame her, after since me and him are getting married. Oh gosh....

~~~ 

 

Kyuhyun

Uh oh. I'm in deep trouble. And it wasn't my fault.....

"Hey,look,let me explain Seohyun,don't be..." I said and flailed my arms rather helplessly. Seo happened to hear about my unexpected news from some ignorant twerp who coudn't keep his mouth shut.....Grr...Donghae,you'll pay...I gritted my teeth. Seohyun sniffed tearfully into her handkerchief,her eyes red and puffy. My heart ached to see her in such a pitiful state,but I knew it was partfully my fault.

"H-how c-c-could you get m-m-married to that Im g-girl?" Seo sobbed and clutched  her napkin.I tried comforting her,but to no avail.

"Look,it's not my fault! I don't love her at all! It's because of our parents! Don't worry,I'll never love her,I love only you." I forced a weak smile. She seemed to stop her crying but she stared at me with watery eyes.

"You promised you'll love me and only me?" She hiccupped. "And that you'll stay with me forever?" Even though I could not live with her,I was willing,yet a little uncomfortable.

"Yes,I promised." Seohyun dried her eyes,then began smiling."I'm so stupid for crying.What a pabo! Of course I knew you'll stay with me! I was just afraid." I hugged her tightly,letting her head nestled on my shoulder.

"Don't ever be afraid Seohyun,I'll never leave you."

For the first time in my life,I felt uncertain. It was the tight feeling in my chest,like as if I was going to leave someone forever. I'm soon to be married,I can't accompany my Seo baby until I die. I sighed.

*Beep beep*

I glanced at my phone,frowning at it.

 

<1 New Message>

 

To: Idiot Cho Kyuhyun

From: Cute Yoong

Yah. Our parents told us to meet them in a restaurant after school for dinner. Please be there on time. It seems like they want to talk to us about some marriage issues.... >:(  Meet at this restaurant, down the road from your house. Your mother say she tried calling you but you never picked up and told me to text you. She say she's probably gonna kill you later^^ I'd like that...

 

I was rather amused at her SMS,and chuckled at the annotations. This Im Yoona.....so choding... What? idiot? Since when was I an idiot? Doesn't she know that I'm the awesome Kyuhyun? Wait,I sit next to her eveyday,of course she knows who am I....

 

<15 Missed Calls>

 

Oh no.....I'm so dead.....

"Who is it?" Seohyun asked softly,her eyes narrowing a bit. I was a bit panicky as she was peeking at my phone,but I shoved it into my pocket.

"Er....It's Donghae,I've to meet him.I'm sorry,I'll call you later when I'm free,alright?" I gave a pecked on her forehead,before waving goodbye at her.

I'm sorry Seohyun,I've to lie....

 

~~~

 

Updated:)

Is it alright? O.O Hope it's long enough,though shorter that the previous one.... Mianhae,I took SOOO long to update,I was studying for exams...== I also want to apologise if there's any grammar or spelling errors!

Haha,thanks to those who subscibed once again!!!! And those who commented :) More of KyuNa moments will come out next chapter,probably will update it after exams.But no gurantee though,I may still be able to try update before :D Pls also help support me by checking out my other fics X) Kumawo!!!!

Comment more 'kay !!!!! <333333