Remembrance

Too much kissing

Whenever Zelo had a lot to think about he went skateboarding, with no particular destination in mind. This time he managed to make it to the studio. He sat on a bench to take a break, both feet on his skateboard,shifting it mindlessly back and forth. He hardly noticed the Drake song blasting from his headphones as he recalled the first time he met Youngjae.

He remembered thinking the vocalist's rounded face was cute and that his voice was pleasing to the ear even when he was not singing. He was almost instanteously nervous around the talented elder. Zelo was only sixteen at the time and this was the first time he had thought about another boy in this way.

"Wow you're tall!!" Youngjae had exclaimed almost rudely.

"Yeah he gets that a lot. Don't you Junhong?" Yongguk chuckled.

The boy had simply nodded. It was hard for him to hide his flushed face considering, at the time, all of his hair was piled on top of his head. It was after that encounter that Zelo had decided to try and avoid contact with Youngjae when he could. This was not out of dislike, as the other members, even Youngjae,seemed to think after awhile. But it was in a fruitless attempt to controll his feelings for Youngjae.

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Zelo....Zelo-ah!" Jongup waved his hand on front of the maknae's face, then grabbed his shoulder. Zelo finally shook his head and blinked as if to shake something off. 

"What's gotten into you today? I texted you ages ago," the dancer complained.

"I'm sorry Jonguppie hyung." Zelo often used nicknames like this paired with his kitten face and an apology to soften his hyungs' responses to his, sometimes absentminded, words or actions. Jongup took a seat next to him.

"It's okay I was just wondering where you were."

"Oh how did you find me?" wondered Zelo.

" I figured it was either the skatepark or here and my second guess was correct," Jongup smiled. " It was pretty funny what you said earlier today at Kiss the Radio," Jongup snickered. 

At this the young rapper gave his hyung a sharp glare. 

"Is that what's got you acting strangely?" Jongup knew he probably shouldn't pry the boy for information, but also knew he was probably right.

Zelo sighed but didn't respond and tried to avoid Jongup's gaze. 

"Himchan has been worried about you because you didn't come home for dinner."

It was only then that Zelo realized he was starving.

The dancer put his arm around the younger, "How about some ramen Jello-ah?"

Zelo smiled and nodded at the thought of the yummy noodles, "Yay ramen!!" 

Jongup stood and began to walk towards home. Zelo quickly picked up his skateboard and followed.