1

Something About Him

Usually, I'm not the type to believe in all those lovey dovey stuff that other girls would mostly swoon over. I wouldn't say I'm any different though. Like every other girl in the universe, once love meets their way, they fall head over heels. This isn't some story where boy meets girl, girl meets boy, and they fall in love at first sight (totally ridiculous) and live happily ever after. No. This is the story..well my story. My story of how I fell in love with someone named, Jung Daehyun.

 

 

 

1 year ago

 

 

 

"Kalena!"

"Kalena! Come on, get up! It's time for school!"

I heard her the first time, she didn't have to repeat herself. The sound of my mom shouting my name filled the whole house and maybe have woken our next door neighbor. I stuggled to get out of bed while trying to move my upper body to rise up. I checked the alarm clock on my bedside table.

6:00am

Are you kdding me? I have a whole other hour to get ready for school and honestly, I don't even take that long.

After getting dressed, I made my way downstairs to find my little brother, Kangjun, trying to secretly snatch a spoonful of my scrambled eggs. I silently giggled to myself watching him trying to fit it all in his mouth with tiny bits of scrambles stuck on the side of his mouth.

"Well, how are you enjoying my scrambled eggs?"

He quickly turned around and smiled at me while he still had egg bits on his mouth.

"It's delicious!"

I smiled back at him and playfully messed up his hair. My mom walked in the kitchen and walked towards me with a plate of food.

"Come on Kalena, sit down and have some breakfast."

"No thanks, I just remembered I have to pass by my work because, I left my wallet there last night."

My mom sighed and rolled her eyes.
"When are you going to quit forgetting your things at work, Kalena?"

"The day Mr. Lee stops hating on me and has me as his favorite student."

My mom softly chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"Have a good day at school, Kalena!"

"Well, there is only a few more days of school which means a few more days being around annoying people. Hmm...I'll try my best!" I said in a sarcastic tone.

My mom smiled and motioned me to get going.

Since my work and school are only a few walking distances between each other, I knew for sure I had some time to kill. As I approached my work, I made my way inside the cafe. I slowly walked to the back of the counter and into the employee lockers.

"Locker 82.......where are you locker 82. Hmm.."

I looked up and down the lockers, searching for mine.

"Locker 79..80..81...ah! 82!"

I grabbed my key from my pocket and undid the locket. Once I opened my locker, I thoroughly searched through my stuff to find my wallet, but to much of my confusion, it wasn't there.

"Looking for this?"

I turned and saw my friend, Hyejin, holding my wallet in her hand.

"How did you...-"

"You left your wallet behind the counter...again."

"Ah..." I slightly chuckled. "Um..ha sorry?"

Hyejin playfully pretended to throw a punch at me and hit my arm.

"When are you going to stop losing your stuff?"

"You sound like my mom. And! It wasn't lost it was..just....missing."

"Lost and missing is the same thing."

I glared at her. "No, it isn't.'

"Is."

"Isn't!"

Hyejin rolled her eyes. "Okay..whatever you say.."

My eyes continued to glare at her. 

"Hey, don't you..have school..like right now?"

"No, it's only..-" She held up her watch to my face. 7:30am It's 7:30!"

"Indeed, it is."

"How did time go by so fast?!"

I quickly regathered my things and headed straight for the door.

"See you later, Hyejin!"

"Hey! Wait! Don't be late for work today, okay! And also, quit losing your stuff!"

"Gotcha!" I quickly waved goodbye and made a run for it to my school.

7:40am

Okay, unless my phone clock is wrong or time is going by super fast. How did 10 minutes go by so fast? I pray that school today will be just as fast.

Three more days until summer...I can do this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To much of my surprise, these three days of school went by super quick. Nothing much happened though. All there was, was people saying goodbye, signing yearbooks, hugging each other, and giving gifts. As of for me, I said bye to a couple of friends and maybe have signed about 3 yearbooks. I'm not popular, but that honestly didn't matter to me.

Since today is a weekend and also the first real day of summer, I thought that I would spend it nicely. I went to my favorite bookstore and hung out there for an hour while reading my favorite book. Today in the bookstore, it was strangely filled couples. Lots of couples. It didn't really bother me, but it'd be a lie if I said I didn't feel slightly jealous.

All the couples around me were hugging, kissing, or just enjoying each other's presence. The jealousy of wanting to have that with someone...it was quite strong. Just the thought of having someone who would love to spend every moment with and make memories with you. Not needing to worry about impressing this person, because they already love you for who you are. It would be a nice feeling.

I walked by the romance section of the bookstore and saw a sign that caught my attention.

Love is patient.

"Love..is...patient." I softly read out loud the words.

I wouldn't say I'm a patient person, although, I don't really rush into love. Or maybe, its because I haven't actually encountered real love. I don't know if it's because I'm still young or maybe if it's because...it's just not my chance yet.
I was too into my thoughts that, I didn't realize I was blocking the walkway in the aisles. The sound of my phone ringing from my purse snapped me back into reality.

 

Kim Hyejin Calling

 

I prepared myself for scolding before I answered my phone.

"...hello."

"Where are you?!"

"I'm sorry, I lost track of time! I'll be right there!"

We both hung up and I walked out of the bookstore. I took a bus to my work and while making my way out the vehicle, I almost tripped down the stairs of rushing too fast. I made my way into our cafe and quickly walked towards the back of the counter.

"You're late." Hyejin whispered to me as she was dealing with a customer at the cash register.

I bowed slightly and whispered back 'sorry' to her. I walked to the bathroom and changed into my uniform. Our uniform wasn't ugly, but it wasn't pretty either. I guess the word to describe it would be, "decent."

I quickly walked to our employee schedule to see what I was assigned to do today.

 

Employee Name: Kalena Vang
Date: 6/7/14
Assigned: Tables

 

Tables...I can do that. At least, it's better than bathroom duty. Actually...anything is better than bathroom duty.

I grabbed a clean, wet rag, and started to clear out the tables of drinks & plates and cleaned them down. This probably has to be the easiest thing to do here, aside from cashier. After I was finished cleanning off one table, I turned my head to see a young man, just two tables away, laying his head on the table and sleeping. Just as I was about to turn my head away, the man's arm slightly moved and pushed his drink off the table. I quickly rushed to his table and caught his drink before it woulf make a sticky mess on the floor.

I gently set his drink on the table, trying my best not wake him. The table was occupied with books stacked on the side, with his laptop in the center. Out of curiousity, I sneakily tried to get a glance of what it read on his computer, but his sudden movements surprised me and I stepped back. Just before I went back to work, I took one last look at him and studied his features. I pretended to wipe his table down to prevent getting looks from people.

The man's hair was a soft blonde with a slight shade of brown. His skin was fair and seemed flawless. The one feature of him that caught my eyes, were his lips. This man was blessed with full, pink lips. It would be a lie, if I said this man wasn't attractive.

The man then shifted in his seat and lifted his head up.

 

He was awake

 

And I was still staring at him like a mad man.

Luckily, he was rubbing his eyes giving me time to back away. I bent to the floor, pretending to clean a nonexistent spill. I turned my head my down the floor and I felt him staring at me. I would be even more embarrassed if I saw the expression on his face.

"Excuse me, miss?"

I froze.

"Uhh..miss?"

I gulped down hard and slowly turned my head to face him.

"Y-yes?" Why did you stutter, Kalena? Stupid.

"May I get a bag to go for this, please?" His voice was deep. Judging from his accent, he was obviously from Busan.

"Of course." I replied. I tried my best to avoid eye contact with him.

I rushed to the counter to grab a paper bag for him and I slowly walked back to his table.

"Here you go, sir."

The man slightly smiled at me in surprise of how quick I was to get the bag. His smile. Oh God. His smile..was just.. nice. He had perfectly straight teeth and his cheeks rose almost making his face shape like a heart.

The man bowed at me and I returned the gesture and watched him walk out the cafe. I sighed in relief.

What the heck was that, Kalena?

I cleaned off his table and quickly pushed his chair in. Surprisingly, I cleared my mind off of that man and went straight back to work. The hours went by almost faster than I thought. After I changed out of my uniform, I went back to my locker and made sure I got everything I needed. Then, I closed my locker and secured it. I walked back to the front and said my byes to everyone. I walked to the door and gripped the handle. As I was about to open the door, I heard my name being called.

"Wait! Kalena! Can you come here for a second." Hyejin called.

I walked back to the counter and stood in front her.

"What is it?"

"Do you know who's wallet this is? One of the employees were stacking the chairs up and found this."

She held up a small squared, black leather wallet.

"I don't think so. Why are you asking me though?"

"Well since you were cleaning tables today. I was wondering if you'd recognize the person of this wallet. Here, check if there's any identification of the person."

"Sure."

I opened the wallet and it was filled with random cards in each pocket. Finally, I found an ID school card.

 

KNUA
Name:
 Jung Daehyun
Birth Date: 6/28/93
Year: 1

 

"Jung..Daehyun?" I read the name over again.

I flipped the ID to the front and found a picture of the owner. I was frozen in my spot. The thought of the person I encountered earlier today, came back to my mind in an instant.

The man from today.

This was his wallet.

Well...at least I'm not the only one who forgets their things.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

A/N:

So...i don't know where I'm going with this story, but lets hope itll turn out good!! Anyways sorry for such a short chapter, but remember this is only the beginning. ;;;---)))

anyways, enjoy this gif of the cutest busan boy ever

-katrina <3