So Long as He's Alive

Try Again

Ravi woke up in a cold sweat, panting like he’d just ran a marathon. He hated that dream. Well, nightmare. Having to remember every time he lost the one he loved, watching that person die again and again, was the worst kind of torture he could imagine. Remembering was the worst kind of hell anyone could ever know.

Ravi had no idea how he’d become cursed to live like this. Maybe during his first life he’d pissed off some magical being who did this to him. Maybe he was just unlucky. Either way, he was cursed to live thousands of lifetimes loving the same person who died over and over because he couldn’t save them. He was cursed to remember each lifetime, remember each time he lost his soul mate due to his own weakness.

But this time things would be different.

This time he hadn’t gone looking for his loved one. This time, as much as it killed him, he wouldn’t try to start a relationship with the one he loved. He’d promised himself that he would have nothing to do with the one he loved this time, hoping that this would keep them alive for once.

Fate had different plans and he ended up crossing paths with the one he loved.

Han Sanghyuk.

The second Ravi saw the boy, he’d felt a million different emotions running through him at once. He was happy to see Hyuk. He was so angry that his attempts to stay away had failed. He was terrified that he would see Hyuk die again, like he had hundreds of times before. He was confused because he couldn’t understand how the younger had managed to find him.

To be honest, Hyuk hadn’t found him. Hyuk was looking for something else, which was how he’d ended up at Jellyfish. Hyuk wasn’t a member of VIXX now because of Ravi. He was there because he wanted to be an idol, not because Ravi was there. The rapper wasn’t sure how that knowledge made him feel.

Rolling onto his side, Ravi looked at Hyuk sleeping in his own bed on the other side of the room. He wondered if the other felt the connection between them. Did the younger find himself looking at Ravi, fighting the urge to just walk up and kiss him? Did he dream about making love to him like they had countless times before in their past lives? Or did Hyuk not feel anything? Was his heart set on someone else? He was close to the other members after all, it wouldn’t be completely crazy to think that feelings might have bloomed there.

Ravi let out a small, sad sigh.

So long as Hyuk was alive, he could live with the pain of not being able to be with him. So long as he didn’t have to see Hyuk die again, he would silently watch his one true love fall in love with someone else.

So long as Hyuk was alive.

So long as Ravi didn’t give into his feelings.

They might not have to go through this cycle of rebirth, death, and pain again.

A/N: let’s blame this on a mix of ‘Witches of East End’ and the Fallen book series by Lauren Kate. The whole idea of the one you love having to die over and over and you can’t do anything to save them isn’t that original an idea, but I still wanted to try my hand at it. it’s kind of fun to write