Chapter One

The Downside of Perfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Song/Sound*: Lord of the Rings soundtrack - Concerning Hobbits
*I might occasionally add a song/sound on top of a chapter to reflect the emotions that might fit at some parts of or the entire chapter. Just for fun and it helps me with writing ^^

Chapter One

Completely at ease, Kyuhyun flipped the page of his book as his back leaned against a large pink blossomed tree. The sun that was high up in the sky barely beamed its rays on his foot as the tree casted a big shadow over most of him.

He loved the silence that surrounded him. Inside of the castle that was also considered his home, it was always busy and noisy. Not only his entire family lived there including his cousins, but also many of the servants and their respective close relatives considered the castle their home. The castle gardens on the other hand, especially the place Kyuhyun was currently located at, was usually not that busy and often Kyuhyun's spot to flee to when he needed his rest.

"Hyung!"

Luckily Kyuhyun loved Henry a little bit more than the rare moments of silence and he looked up cheerfully. "Henry," he greeted.

"I looked for you everywhere," Henry sighed annoyed as he sat down next to his best friend, throwing his backpack on the ground as he did so. "I should have known to come here before going anywhere else."

Kyuhyun laughed genuinely, "You indeed should have. You know Tuesdays are my days off from all the hassle of my Prince's lifestyle."

"I know hyung," Henry replied, glaring at him in a somewhat friendly manner if that was even remotely possible, "You sure have a hard life doing nothing all day."

"What do you mean doing nothing all d-"

Henry hastily put his hand over his best friend's mouth before the latter could finish his sentence and laughed. It was just playful banter after all and Kyuhyun was well aware as he too started laughing and poking his friend in friendly revenge.

Their laughter soon faded and it gave Henry the opportunity to pull his backpack towards him and to grab a book out of it to read. The both of them enjoyed reading in their spare time. However, Kyuhyun preferred informative non-fictional books, where Henry was more of a fiction reader; he had always dreamed about going on a big adventure and seeing parts of the world he otherwise would miss out on, even though he knew it would never happen. He probably was not brave enough to really do something in life, other than serving the current King or Kyuhyun, who would be King himself some day.

As the two friends read in silence, a strong wind gushed past them as the sun slowly disappeared behind some threatening dark clouds. Storm was nearing.

"Hmpf!" Henry suddenly pronounced, making Kyuhyun look up from his book before laughing hysterically. In Henry's face was a piece of paper, blown there by the strong wind.

Angrily, Henry pulled the paper off of his face and looked at Kyuhyun displeased. "Shut up," he grunted, before looking down at the paper. Kyuhyun looked over Henry's sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter