Story Intro + Main Characters Introduction

The Downside of Perfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Story Intro

“Hyung, I’m hungryyy,” 6-year-old Jongjin complained to his bigger brother, while pulling his sleeve, for the nth time that day. Jongwoon sighed as he pushed his little brother into a small dark alley.

“Wait here,” he said, pointing at his little brother, and Jongjin nodded. “And don’t go with strangers.”

Jongwoon patiently waited for Jongjin to nod in agreement again, before turning around and running towards the market booths around 500 meters away from the alley he had left Jongjin in.

He pushed himself passed many people, before he finally spotted what he needed; the fruit-booth. He used the crowd to get himself underneath the fruit-booth unnoticed, and before anyone even saw him sitting there, his hand had already slipped up and grabbed 4 juicy apples. And before anyone had even noticed 4 apples were missing, Jongwoon had already left.

He returned to the alley and sighed in relief as he saw his little brother sitting on the ground, playing with a stick, drawing small figures in the sand. He gave 3 apples to his little brother, who looked at him as if he was his hero; which he probably was.

“2 days Jongjin, don’t eat them too fast,” he said sternly but caringly, and his little brother nodded frantically before biting in one of the 3 apples greedily. 

“Aren’t you going to eat, hyung?” Jongjin asked, his mouth full of apple, a little of the juice running down his chin. Jongwoon shook his head while smiling, before putting his 1 left over apple in his worn backpack; he could do with one more day of not eating, it was okay.
 

Main Characters Introduction How they will be from now on.

Kim Jongwoon (24 y.o)
At the age of 7, Jongwoon becomes an orphan. With no one wanting to take care of him and his little brother, they are forced to live on the streets. Jongwoon becomes his little brother’s caretaker, and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter