Chapter 3

But You Said You'd Wait

CAP’s POV

            “Where have you been?” Chunji asked me as I came in the room. “I was just saying hi to a few of the other artists,” I replied thinking it wasn’t a complete lie. Ricky giggled at this and I gave him a look that quickly shut him up. I glanced around the room and noticed Niel was missing. “Where’s Niel?” “Didn’t you see him? I thought he went looking for you,” L.Joe paused to look around for a quick moment before he resumed messing with his hair. I tried to think back. Had I seen him in the hall? “I don’t remember seeing him.” L.Joe just shrugged. “I will keep my eye out for him,” Changjo replied, “I have to go to the bathroom anyway.” “Thanks and try to hurry back. We need to be leaving soon.” Where could Niel be? He usually didn’t like going anywhere alone.

Niel’s POV     

            I tried wiping my tears away with the back of my hand so I wouldn’t have to go out for a paper towel. I had mostly calmed down except for the occasional sob that would escape my lips. Opening the door, I went out to rinse my face with water. Suddenly I heard a noise that made me freeze on the spot. Someone was opening the door. I felt like I couldn’t move and couldn’t think of anything to do but stand there. The door opened all the way and Changjo came around the corner. I felt relieved for a second that it wasn’t someone else who had discovered me and then realized, even though it was Changjo, I would still have to explain myself. “Hey hyung what’s wrong? We were looking for you”. “Oh, I’m fine.” “I know you aren’t or you wouldn’t look like you’ve been crying.” I stared at him wondering if I should tell him or not. Could I trust him? “I’m just bummed we didn’t win. You know I really wanted to win and we’ve worked so hard. I guess with all the stress I was a bit emotional,” I replied lying easily. “Oh okay.” Changjo came forward and hugged me. “I wanted to win too, hyung. It’s okay though. We’ll be even better next time.” “Thanks. Could you not tell the others about this? I don’t want…” “Don’t worry,” Changjo interrupted me smiling. I smiled back at him. “We should go. The van should be leaving soon.” I nodded and we walked out the door together.

CAP’s POV

            “Finally guys we were getting tired of waiting,” L.Joe commented as Niel and Changjo got in the van. “Sorry,” Changjo apologized. Niel climbed in and shut the door. “Where were you Niel? They said you came looking for me, but I didn’t see you,” I asked with genuine curiosity. “I wasn’t looking for you. I was just talking to someone,” he said without turning around.  I wasn’t sure why but I was curious who he had been talking to. Without thinking I asked “Who?” “I don’t see why you need to know, but it was Sungjong okay?” I nodded even though I knew he couldn’t see me. So that’s where he was. He and Sungjong were probably just gossiping about the other idols. I looked over and saw Ricky was leaning against the window asleep and Changjo was fighting to keep his eyes open. I decided it was okay for me to lay back and take a nap. As I was laying back I noticed Chunji putting his head on L.Joe’s lap and L.Joe putting his arm around him. I made note to tell them later that they needed to be less obvious when they were around the other members. Finally I closed my eyes in an attempt to get some rest.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: Okay so you know I was sick. Well I actually found out I have bronchitis and a kidney infection. No wonder I felt so horrible. So I'm trying to get treated for those. Along with that I have school(luckily I've taken off from work). I don't  know when I'll be able to update because it feels horrible just trying to sit in front of the computer and type this. Sorry I feel so bad leaving you guys hanging. I'll try to get better as soon as I can and update! Thanks for being patient and reading my fic!

Again comments and subscribe if you liked it~ Thank you for reading