Mid-Day Peace

Depression, School, and Awkward Boys

Here's a BaekYeol that was requested to me personally by one of my friends.

I hope you enjoy this~

Prompt:

All boys boarding school

Baekhyun is bottom, suicidal!baekhyun and awkward Chanyeol

 

Alright, I want to say something before I start this: I do not mean ANYTHING against Baekhyun or Chanyeol. This is simply a fic, and if I'm going to write about depression, it's going to be from the depressed character's point of view(but WRITTEN in third person point of view.) and I'm using THEIR opinion. NOT mine.

 

Well, without a further ado~

 

Here's the Baekyeol fic~
------------------------------------

Depression, School, and Awkward Guys - Chapter One: Mid-Day Peace

    Baekhyun stood in the bathroom of the boarding school. He had been there since early on that morning just looking in the mirror and pointing out his flaws.

 

    He looked at the reflection of his face in the slightly dusty, old, and scratched mirror. His face looked absolutely horrible. Where should he start? Firstly, his eyes, the color was a deep and dark brown, many people had this color, but it just didn't fit him, if he said so himself. Nothing worth noticing. Just dark and ugly. Secondly, his nose, it just bothered him. It wasn't cute or handsome, it just kind of awkwardly curved down, making him look like he had smashed his face in or something. Thirdly, his cheeks, they were sunken in from the days he starved himself and forced his bile out. To be honest, he looked like a weird type of walking zombie or skeleton.

 

    Baekhyun sighed, he couldn't bring himself to look at the rest of his body. From the pale skin, lack of muscle, rib cage that poked out, and so much more. He knew that if he even tried to look at himself again he would probably hurt himself right afterwards.

 

    Shaking his head to break the stare he had while looking at himself, he turned away and started walking towards the door. Once he reached it, he reached his hand out slowly and rested his hand on the handle. He always did this before leaving, giving himself a few seconds more of peace before he had to return to the real world and face all the problems he escaped while alone.  Deeming himself ready, he opened the door and listened to the creak as it opened.

 

     It was about twelve thirty or so and all Baekhyun wanted to do was go back to his room, which he shared with one of his very few friends, Luhan.

 

     Luhan had been his friend since they were children, always playing with him no matter what. Luhan was, probably, the sweetest person at the school, if Baekhyun says so himself. That deer was always smiling, bringing the brightest light into any room, no matter how dimly lit or dark it may be. He seemed to be the one person that could make Baekhyun truely smile. Seriously, it's hard ot not laugh or smile while listening to one of Luhan's ridiculously overly exaggerated stories.

 

     But right now, all Baekhyun could think of doing was going to his room, keeping the lights off, getting comfortable in bed, and just sleeping until lunch break was over. Or maybe he would just stay in bed all day. Say he doesn't feel well, no one really cares whether you're in class or not. It's not like his last classes are sane enough to take attendence. They've been teaching all year round and could not get any more irrated. He wouldn't be surprised if one of them was to strangle one of the many annoying kids who hold up the entire class for half of the year. 

 

     Baekhyun quickly made his way down the long corredor, careful to step around everyone who lingered the halls during lunch break. Upon his arrival he pulled out his room key, which were manditory to have at all times for use in lockers and student identification, and was about to put the room key into the locking mechanism when he heard some weird noises. Pressing his ear to the door, he furrowed his eye brows. It took him a few minutes to process the sounds, but then he realized that it was just Luhan and his boyfriend, Xiumin, spending some quality time together. It seemed that everytime he wanted to have some peace and quiet alone in his room, Luhan and Xiumin would be there. Not that he hated them or anything, just that he really wanted some alone time. No one to bother him. No work. No teachers. No yelling. Just the nice scerenity that comes with quietness. The peace that overcomes him is enough to clear his head for days. That is, if he weren't surrounded by so many idiots.

 

     This sounds cliche to say, but seriously. Why was everyone so stupid? Baekhyun felt superior to just about everyone at this horrible place. He could honestly see why everyone's parents just gave up on them and sent them here, a place where they won't have to deal with such dumb kids. He was sure that so many parents feel a weight lifted, not having to go to parent-teacher meetings because their child can't stand to sit through an hour of work without making a thousand comments or making those stupid noises repeatedly. Or having pay for extra help because their kid can't keep up with the rest of class as it moves at a kindergarten pace.

 

     Sighing, again, Baekhyun put his room key back into his pocket and his heel sharply. He might as well try to get some shut eye up on the roof. Although the sunlight will probably burn his eyes, bugs will bite his exposing skin, the noises from the surrounding forest will bother him the entire time, and the concrete will most likely give him a very painful back ache. But hey, sleep is sleep. And Baekhyun sure as heck needed it right now.

 

     Baekhyun walked tiredly up the staircase to the third floor and pushed open the old and rusted metal door opening out onto the roof. He had to shield his eyes from the bright light that greeted him, but the warmth felt very nice and comfortable. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. 

 

     Continuing on after his eyes adjusted, Baekhyun walked around the corner to the darkest corner of the flat platform. He sat down, already feeling the heavy weight of sleep over come him. Leaning his head back and closing his eyes he let the sweet feeling overcome his body, becoming the only thing he could sense.

 

     And with a final sigh of relaxation, Baekhyun peacefully slept.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Alright, there's the first chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it and there will be more to come soon~

 

Welp, thanks for reading~

 

See ya~

 

~YuuYuuHaruka