To Find My Peter Pan

Kyungsoo Noona

It’s not that he wanted to get the attention from the people walking by him. No, it was rather to show off his fabulous self. Tight, black skinny jeans, a grey cardigan with a white shirt under and a panda handbag was all Do Kyungsoo had to have to astonish the people walking by him. And, well, it had worked because so many people would have their mouths open upon glancing at the short boy. Did he care, though? Yes because that showed him that people were jealous of him and he liked that. 

It was a simple and sunny day in the middle of summer around June when Do Kyungsoo decided he was going to go out on his own. He always hanged out with his girl friends, but today was just not one of those days. Do Kyungsoo wanted to do something different and that required him to be alone. He didn’t like doing new things with his girl friends because they always judged right after and it annoyed the hell out of him. And so now he was walking on the sidewalk in the beautiful area of Myeong-dong.

As always, Myeong-dong was very packed as it was a Saturday so it always bothered Kyungsoo when someone bumped into him without saying “sorry”. Would it kill anyone to simply say those two words? Kyungsoo silently glared at the 5th person who had bumped into him that day before spotting one of his favorite stores and entering. Kyungsoo looked through the stacks of clothes neatly stacked on each table and smiled when he spotted a cute, white, strapless dress displayed on the mannequin. That’s really cute. Kyungsoo thought as he looked for the dress in the table next to the mannequin. When he spotted a neatly stacked pile of white in the far corner of the table, Kyungsoo scampered over to the side before grabbing one of the dresses. He unfolded it, revealing the knee-high, silky dress and decided to try it on. 

It’s not that Kyungsoo cross-dressed, but he liked trying on girl clothes. He liked trying on dresses or skirts and he wasn’t ashamed of it at all. For one, Kyungsoo enjoyed it and he would wear it outside if people weren’t so judgmental. It already annoyed him enough when people would glare at him because of his feminism. He was a boy, but he always preferred playing with Barbie dolls than with cars or Legos. 

Some girls who worked in the store smiled at him and he smiled back at them before entering one of the dressing rooms. Since Kyungsoo always went to the store, almost every worker there knew he was a regular customer. Matter of fact, Kyungsoo had befriended some of them and they would sometimes hang out when they didn’t have work. 

Kyungsoo placed his panda bag on the hanger before beginning to take off his cardigan and under shirt. He then took off his shoes and jeans before grabbing the white dress and putting it on. As he had it on, he looked into the mirror and fixed some parts here and there. Kyungsoo stood there for a good ten seconds before cupping his mouth with one of his hands. He was smiling from how pretty he looked in the dress, his collarbones looking rather y. He took his hand off his mouth and proceeded to grabbing his phone from his bag. With his phone on one hand, Kyungsoo posed with the other hand on his hips and sticked out his tongue before taking the selca. He decided to take a few more before deciding to change back into his clothes. 

Should I buy it? Kyungsoo thought, the white dress hanging on his arm. It’s not like he was going to wear it anywhere besides in his house. After a while of thinking, Kyungsoo decided to not buy the dress and left the store right after, sulking. He wanted the dress so badly, but where was he going to wear it? Sadly, Kyungsoo couldn’t stop thinking about the dress and soon regretted not buying it. 

After a few hours of wandering from store to store, Kyungsoo’s stomach began to grumble. He found a deokbokki stand and proceeded to walk over there when someone accidentally bumped into him, causing Kyungsoo to fall on his . He grumbled incoherent words while rubbing his , glaring at the stranger who was slowly getting up before walking over to Kyungsoo. He sticked out his hand, waiting for Kyungsoo to grab it, but when no hand was grabbed, the stranger brought his hand back to his side. Kyungsoo continued glaring at him while getting up. From the looks of it, the man looked very handsome and attractive and pretty young.

“Sorry for bumping into you,” the attractive stranger said as he scratched the back of his head. “Are you okay?” Kyungsoo was about to answer when he decided to play around with the stranger.

“No, I’m not. You hurt my so now you owe me.”

“As a way to forgive me, then, what would you want?”

“Deokbokki,” Kyungsoo stated as he pointed towards the stand, making the stranger avert his eyes to it. 

“Okay,” he said with a smile and Kyungsoo smirked secretly. 

“What’s your name?” They were waiting in line when Kyungsoo had decided to form a conversation with the handsome stranger. Besides, he was paying for Kyungsoo’s food so might as well get to know him.

“Jongin,” he replied, looking at Kyungsoo with a smile. “You?”

“Kyungsoo.”

“Well, Kyungsoo, I’m sorry for bumping into you.”

“It’s okay,” Kyungsoo reassured with a shrug. “You’re the 6th person to bump into me today, actually, so it doesn’t matter.”

“Oh,” Jongin looked down at the floor, not knowing what to reply with. 

“But the others never said ‘sorry’, but you did so I’m happy,” Kyungsoo continued as he had noticed the taller boy wasn’t replying. 

“How old are you?” He had barely known the guy and he was already asking for Kyungsoo’s age? Not that Kyungsoo minded, but many people who would meet him would get surprised at his age.

“How old are you?” He was going to let Jongin answer first. Jongin had let out a small chuckle before looking at Kyungsoo and lifting up his hands. On his right hand was two fingers showing while his left hand showed four fingers. At the sight of his hands, Kyungsoo widened his eyes.

“Not to be rude, but you’re old.”

“Yeah,” Jongin said awkwardly. Kyungsoo looked to the side before shaking his head. Jongin was way older than him. “Wait, did you think I was 42?” Kyungsoo looked over at Jongin, slowly nodding which then made the the old guy laugh. This had gotten Kyungsoo to furrow his eyebrows at him. What was so funny? When Jongin had calmed down, he shook his head at Kyungsoo before telling him, “I’m 24.” Oh? Kyungsoo felt stupid right after. “Now that I’ve told you my age, tell me yours.”

“I’m 25,” Kyungsoo said awkwardly because he honestly felt grossed out when telling his age. He always felt as though people would dislike hanging out with him since he was somewhat old.

“Oh, so you’re only a year older than me,” Jongin said with a smile. “Are you from ’94?”

“No…I’m from ’93.”

“Well, I guess I have to call you noona.” Kyungsoo shivered at the sound of “noona” coming out of Jongin’s mouth. Wait, noona?! Kyungsoo widened his eyes at Jongin and wanted to slap him at the moment. How dare he call him a noona when he was obviously a boy! Jongin continued smiling at him despite the fact that he was mistaking the shorter boy’s gender. It was either Jongin was really stupid when identifying genders or Kyungsoo simply looked more like a girl than a boy. 

“N-noona?”

“Yeah, you’re older than me so it’s best to call you Kyungsoo noona,” Jongin stated and Kyungsoo never thought a day like this would ever come. A day where he met a random stranger who mistook him for a girl.

—————

Eating their deokbokki silently, the two boys were walking the sidewalks in Myeong-dong. Kyungsoo was careful not to dirty his cardigan since he didn’t want people looking at him in a disgusting way. 

“Noona,” Jongin blurted out while Kyungsoo was staring at a mini, pink skirt displayed on the window of a store. He was still not used to Jongin calling him that so he ignored him and continued staring at the skirt. Jongin called Kyungsoo again, but the shorter boy wouldn’t listen, too busy focusing on the skirt. Jongin tilted his head to side before tapping his noona’s shoulder. Kyungsoo turned around, his eyes still on the skirt while his body facing Jongin. “Noona,” he spoke out again. “Do you want to buy that skirt?” At the sound of Jongin possibly offering to buy him the skirt, Kyungsoo choked on his deokbokki before averting his gaze to Jongin. He looked down at his deokbokki, looked at the skirt, before letting out a small laugh. He had forgotten Jongin didn’t know he was a boy and not a girl. Actually, he had forgotten that he hadn’t decided to tell Jongin his real gender because he wanted to play around with the younger. It’s not everyday that someone accidentally mistook him for a girl, anyway.

Kyungsoo smiled awkwardly at Jongin, deciding whether or not to tell Jongin he wanted to try on the skirt, but buy it? Kyungsoo couldn’t, but would Jongin buy it? Jongin continued looking at him, trying to figure out as to what Kyungsoo was doing at the moment.

“Um, w-well, I d-don’t have a-any m-money right now,” he stuttered and he fully regretted ever speaking. He hated when he stuttered because it meant that he was lying or he was getting really nervous, but Jongin didn’t know that so it was okay. Jongin’s eyes had widened at the sound of Kyungsoo not having any money.

“Oh, then…I can buy it for you if you really want it.”

“R-really?” Kyungsoo didn’t know what to do at that moment because it was not everyday that a random guy who didn’t know his real gender offered to buy him a skirt. 

“Yeah, c’mon. Let’s go inside and you can try it on,” Jongin offered to which Kyungsoo definitely accepted. He definitely was glad he didn’t tell Jongin his real gender.

—————

After a few hours of shopping for girl clothes (Jongin had offered to pay for all of it and Kyungsoo simply accepted), Kyungsoo feeling happy, Jongin had offered to take him to another place.

“Where’s this place?”

“I don’t know…yet.” 

“Then why would you ask me to go somewhere when you don’t even know where to go?”

“It’s because…” Jongin was holding all the bags so it was hard for him to use his hands to explain to Kyungsoo. Instead, he decided to look down at the floor. Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows at the boy. “I know this will sound cheesy, but I want to continue being with you. I don’t want to end it here because I know we will never see each other again so I want to spend the rest of the day with you,” Jongin finished, looking flustered from confessing all of that. Kyungsoo wanted to laugh at the boy because he could’ve just asked for his number and they could’ve still continued seeing each other. He’s really stupid. Kyungsoo thought as he covered his smile with his hand. 

“Okay,” he said, trying to hold his laugh as Jongin looked up quickly with a cheesy smile plastered on his face. “But you better think of a place and it better be a nice place too!” Jongin let out a laugh as he and Kyungsoo began walking over to his parked car. By the time they got to Jongin’s car, Kyungsoo stopped in his tracks, making Jongin stop as well.

“Kyungsoo noona, is something wrong?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah. I’m okay. Just thinking,” Kyungsoo said rather hesitantly. Now that he was thinking about it, Kyungsoo was going to get in a stranger’s car without even thinking if he was trustworthy. Sure, Jongin had bought him so many clothes and even deokbokki, but that didn’t mean he was a trustworthy person. Kyungsoo had only met him today and he didn’t even know anything about Jongin besides his name. If anything, Jongin could be a and possibly take Kyungsoo to an abandoned warehouse where he would finally realize Kyungsoo is a boy and not a girl, but would still him even so. At the thought of that insane possibility, Kyungsoo shuddered before looking at Jongin reluctantly. “J-Jongin, I think it’s best if w-we h-hang out some other t-time.”

“Noona,” Jongin said which had Kyungsoo flinch. “I’m not a or anything like that. I know you’re thinking that I might do something to you, but trust me, I’m not.” Kyungsoo was still hesitant so Jongin walked over to him before placing his hands on the shorter boy’s shoulders. He looked straight at Kyungsoo as if he was staring into his soul. “Kyungsoo noona,” Jongin started and Kyungsoo tried not to slap him. “You can trust me, okay? I know we barely met today, but I’m not like those other guys where they say you can trust them, but in the end they do something odd. No, when I say you can trust me, I mean it. I won’t do anything that will make you uncomfortable so don’t look at me as if I was a monster because I’m not. I’ll show you that you can trust me.” Kyungsoo didn’t know what to do at that moment; either to push Jongin and run away along with his clothes or actually believe Jongin and go with him to who-knows-where. He thought the first option was good, but decided on the second one. Kyungsoo nodded his head slowly, making Jongin sigh in relief before hugging him. “Thank you for trusting me, noona.” 

“Jongin, can you let me go?”

“Oh, right, sorry,” Jongin said awkwardly before letting Kyungsoo go and walking over to the driver’s side of the car, unlocking it right after. Kyungsoo, upon opening the passenger’s door, gazed at the car seat with wide eyes. For one, Jongin’s car was very fancy-looking; it made Kyungsoo feel like his own car was a piece of junk. “Aren’t you going to get in, noona?” Kyungsoo looked further in the car, only to see Jongin was already inside, smiling at him. Kyungsoo coughed out of the blue before hastily sitting in the passenger’s seat. Once his seatbelt was securely on, Jongin started the car and they drove off to who-knows-where. 

—————

The drive to who-knows-where was rather long in Kyungsoo’s opinion. Actually, it was really long to the point where Kyungsoo had fallen asleep during the drive. It was so long, Jongin had to stop by at a random convenience store in order to go use the restroom. Along with that, Kyungsoo had told him to buy him some gummy worms. He was feeling hungry again. 

By the time they had gotten to who-knows-where, the sky was no longer blue, but more of a dark, gloomy blue. As Jongin was turning off the engine to the car, Kyungsoo placed his face on the window, analyzing where exactly they had gone. That soon was answered when he spotted the really tall tower with bright lights glowing around it. He had totally forgotten about the area, but he knew where they were at because he had gone there with his family when he was younger. He always loved going to the Namsan Tower because the view from there was so beautiful and he never wanted to leave. He also loved the section with the locks where people would write something on it before locking it somewhere in the area. He always wanted to go with his special someone. It sounded cheesy, but Kyungsoo really wanted that so much. 

“Kyungsoo noona,” Jongin muttered. Kyungsoo turned away from the window, surprised that no one was there when he felt a sudden coldness rush through his body. “You need to get out of the car,” Jongin said, hand on the door, waiting for Kyungsoo to get out. How did he get to Kyungsoo’s door in the first place? 

“Oh, right.” Kyungsoo awkwardly scratched the back of his head, laughing hysterically before getting out; only to realize the seatbelt was still on him. This time, Jongin had let out a chuckle and Kyungsoo felt a small blush creeping up on his cheeks from the embarrassment.

“Here, let me help you,” Jongin said as he leaned forward to grab the seatbelt. Kyungsoo backed away until his back was literally pressed up against the leather of the seat, face feeling really warm because Jongin was seriously on him. “There.”

“Thanks.”

“No problem.”

Once Jongin was off of him, Kyungsoo swiftly got out of the car, shutting it hard before walking with Jongin to, possibly and most likely, Namsan Tower. 

It had taken them a few minutes to stand in front of Namsan Tower (on their way, they had boughten some kimbap because they were hungry as hell) before heading to the elevator to get to the top of the tower. While they were in the elevator, Kyungsoo couldn’t help, but place both of his hands on the glass along with his face, staring wide-eyed at the scenery. 

“Noona, the glass is dirty. You shouldn’t put your face on it,” Jongin warned, but Kyungsoo didn’t care. He could care less if he got sick at the moment. They soon reached the top of the tower once the ‘ding’ was heard from the elevator. Kyungsoo quickly got out of the elevator before scurrying over to the area where all the locks were at. Jongin simply followed behind, amused at his noona. Now that he was thinking about it, his noona was very adorable in so many ways he couldn’t explain. She was short, cute, and her smile was so perfect in so many ways. Jongin couldn’t stop a smile forming from thinking about Kyungsoo noona’s precious smile. The way the upper lip would form into the shape of the top part of a heart and the way her eyes would form into crescent moons. Wow, just thinking about her made Jongin want to fall on the floor and roll around because he was literally dying thinking about Kyungsoo noona. His face must’ve shown it all because right when Kyungsoo noona had jumped in front of him, Jongin jerked away. Kyungsoo began to laugh at the way Jongin had easily jolted from his sudden appearance which made Jongin pout. 

“Noona, stop laughing at me!”

“What the hell? I’m not your noo—“ Kyungsoo stopped laughing right away once he realized what he was about to do. Jongin continued pouting, oblivious to the fact that Kyungsoo almost blurted out his real gender. “Dahuh…let’s go to the locks!” He grabbed onto Jongin’s arm before dragging him over where all the locks were at. At the sight of all the locks displayed in front of him, Jongin pulled on a smirk before heading over to where they were selling the locks before buying two. He came back and handed one to Kyungsoo, smiling. “Oh! Jongin, you didn’t have to buy me one…”

“Noona, I wanted to,” Jongin said, smiling at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo didn’t say anything and, instead, went to go grab a Sharpie pen to write on his lock. He didn’t write anything special; all he wrote was To find my Peter Pan. It was rather cheesy, but Kyungsoo didn’t care. As a kid, Kyungsoo had always loved watching Peter Pan. He loved it from the beginning he laid his eyes on it. Of course, his favorite character was Peter Pan (he also liked the little boys too!) and he had always said to himself that he would find his Peter Pan when he grew up. Thinking about his life-long wish, Kyungsoo was beginning to doubt if he was ever really going to find his Peter Pan. He was already 25, about to turn 26 in a few months, and he was still single as ever. He had dated in high school, but those only lasted about three months and then the guy would say, “Let’s break up.” It always hurt Kyungsoo because he loved them so much, but he grew to forget them as the years went by. 

Kyungsoo reread his small sentence on his lock before forcing out a smile. He walked over to Jongin and took a glance at what the younger had written. Being with my Tinker Bell. He widened his eyes at Jongin’s sentence because it was exactly like his except with Tinker Bell. What a coincidence! When Jongin felt a small presence around him, he turned around and hid his lock before Kyungsoo could read it. Sadly, though, Kyungsoo had read it, but Jongin didn’t need to know that. Kyungsoo looked away from Jongin and pointed outside where all the locks were hooked on. 

“Let’s go put ours on,” he said, and Jongin nodded his head in agreement. Originally, Kyungsoo was going to put his lock as far away from Jongin’s, but when the younger recommended to put them together, Kyungsoo hadn’t rejected. It’s not like it mattered if Jongin read it since there was so many other people who were going to read it in the future. So the two stood next to each other as they locked their locks on the metal rail. Kyungsoo read his sentence a few times before completely locking it and dropping his hands to his side. Finished with his lock, Jongin looked over at Kyungsoo’s lock and let out a small chuckle. Kyungsoo glared at him before letting out a scoff. “Is there something wrong with mine?”

“No,” Jongin said, chuckling which got Kyungsoo to hit him on the shoulder.

“Then why do you keep laughing?” He glanced at Jongin’s lock before pointing at it. “Yours is as bad as mine so you shouldn’t be laughing.” 

“It’s cute,” he said when he stopped his chuckling. “I like it.” 

It must’ve been him because right when Jongin had said that, Kyungsoo’s stomach began to twist and turn in weird ways he couldn’t describe. Not only that, but his face was beginning to feel very warm and he wasn’t liking it at all. 

“It might not be too long before you realize your Peter Pan is with you.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Your Peter Pan is really close to you, but you just don’t realize it.” Kyungsoo almost choked on his spit as he heard the cheesy words from Jongin. Is he talking about himself? Kyungsoo thought as he furrowed his eyebrows from the confusing sentence Jongin had said. 

“And who is the Peter Pan you’re talking about, hm?” If Jongin was going to tell him complicated things, might as well get him to explain it because Kyungsoo sure as hell didn’t know what the younger was talking about. Jongin turned his body all the way, fully facing Kyungsoo with a smile on. He, without hesitation, poked Kyungsoo’s chubby cheek which had gotten the shorter to slap his hand away.

“Who do you think the Peter Pan is?” Oh, so you’re going to play like that, huh? Kyungsoo crossed both of his arms on his chest before raising an eyebrow at the taller boy. Jongin simply kept his smile on, waiting for the shorter to reply. 

“Well, I don’t know so that is why I’m asking you.” 

“But, I asked you because I want to know who you think is the Peter Pan.” Kyungsoo mumbled curse words at the boy because he was acting all smart with him and he didn't like that. He hated it when people would play smart with him because, in the end, Kyungsoo was never able to win.

“Well, if you really want to know,” he started before shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly, “then I think Peter Pan is you.” At the sound of Kyungsoo’s words, Jongin dropped his smile for a rather awkward smile. He began to laugh while rubbing the back of his head. Kyungsoo looked at him as if he was going crazy or if something was wrong with him. “What? It’s not you? Because it sure as hell felt as though you were referring to yourself.”

“And what if I was?” Kyungsoo looked at Jongin, not knowing what to say because what could he say to that? Jongin had basically told him what he wasn’t expecting at all! The short boy thought Jongin was going to be in denial and that would make him win, but Jongin had been honest. “What are you going to do if I say that I want to be your Peter Pan?” What was Kyungsoo going to do? At that point, Jongin took a few steps closer which had made Kyungsoo take a few back. He was feeling very nervous at the moment and his feet were beginning to become like jelly. “Hm, noona? What are you going to do?” Damn you, Jongin. Kyungsoo thought as the younger boy trapped him in between his arms as soon as they reached the dead end of the rail. Jongin smirked right away, leaning forward until their faces were a few centimeters away. Kyungsoo tried to stretch his neck as far as he could because he did not want to have Jongin’s face so close to his, but that was not working. As soon as Kyungsoo felt warm breath on his ear, he tried to squirm away because that was not okay at all. 

“J-Jongin!” He squeaked as he shut his eyes tight while trying to keep his legs standing because they were seriously feeling as though they were going to break any moment. Jongin tried not laughing at his noona’s high-pitched voice and decided to more.

“Yes, noona?” He leaned forward to Kyungsoo’s neck before taking a small bite. Kyungsoo was sure he was going to fall any moment.

“J-Jongin! N-no! Y-you c-can’t d-d-do that!” 

“And why not?” Kyungsoo opened his eyes before lifting his hand up and placing his hand on Jongin’s face. 

“B-because w-we’re n-n-not t-t-together…” Curse his stuttering because it was seriously not helping him at all. His cheeks, at that point, were fully red as a tomato and they were feeling as warm as a Hot Pocket. Jongin took Kyungsoo’s hand off his face, but not letting it go right after. He lifted their linked hands up and smiled cutely.

“Then we should get together,” he said and Kyungsoo widened his eyes as big as an owl’s. 

There was something Kyungsoo kept reminding himself when he had barely met Jongin and that was to not let the younger go any further than smile at him. He had kept telling himself to not let the younger do anything else like holding his hands or even biting his neck, but obviously that had been happening. For one, Kyungsoo was breaking his little rule he had set up between him and Jongin. Another thing was Jongin didn’t even know the shorter boy’s real gender! Now that he was thinking about it, all Jongin was seeing in Kyungsoo at the moment was a girl’s perspective and not a boy’s. Because Kyungsoo hadn’t told him. Basically, Jongin fell for a boy, thinking he was falling for a girl. What am I going to do? Oh God, I’m seriously in trouble! Kyungsoo thought as he continued staring at the smiling boy. Maybe I should tell him.

“J-Jongin,” Kyungsoo began, cursing himself for stuttering the boy’s name. “There’s s-something I n-need to tell y-you…” Jongin tilted his head to the side, waiting for the boy to continue. Kyungsoo his lips before proceeding to talk. “W-well, um… I’m older than you and I get that,” he said, wanting to punch himself for starting his confession with that. Jongin continued gazing at him, listening quietly as the older spoke. “And you call me n-noona…” Jongin slightly rose his eyebrow as he listened to Kyungsoo. The shorter simply wanted to dig up a hole and live in it because he was having a really hard time right now. “But, you know…I’m n-not a-a-a-a-a—“

“Noona, are you okay?” 

“—g-girl! Wait, what?” 

“Huh?” 

The two boys looked at each other, confusion filling up their faces at what they had just said. Jongin was the first one to speak up.

“Noona, what did you say?” Kyungsoo slapped his forehead before jerking his hand from Jongin’s. 

“Uh, nothing. I need to go to the girl’s restroom,” he said rather stupidly. 

“Oh, okay,” Jongin replied as the two began to find the restrooms. 

—————

In the end, Kyungsoo hadn’t gone to the restroom and Jongin was still wondering as to what he had told him. The two were currently inside Jongin’s car, not one sound being made among them. Jongin hadn’t even started the car since they left the tower so they were still in the parking lot. It was rather dark and Kyungsoo wondered if he was ever going to get home. For one, they were vary far from his house so Kyungsoo didn’t know what time he would get home. If he estimated, they would reach Kyungsoo’s home by midnight; that’s if Jongin started the car soon enough.

“Jongin, can you start the car? I don’t want to get home late,” Kyungsoo stated annoyingly because he was actually tired from spending the whole day outside. Jongin looked over at him, his eyes squinting. Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows before quickly looking away from the boy. 

“Noona,” he said.

“Yeah?”

“Not to be rude, but when I look at you in different angles, you look like a kid,” he said before starting the car and driving out of the parking lot. Kyungsoo looked over at Jongin, glaring at him because who was he to tell him he looked like a kid? He didn’t know if he should take it as a compliment or an insult. But, Jongin had said “rude” so it was meant as an insult!

“Well, you look like Shrek.”

“What?”

“You heard me,” he said before crossing his arms and looking straight at the road. 

“Then you can be my Fiona,” Jongin retorted with a smirk plastered on his face as he turned a corner. Kyungsoo scoffed before throwing a glare at Jongin.

“Ew, no! I never even said I was going to be your Tinker Bell in the first place.”

“You read my lock?”

“Yes, I did! Do you have a problem with that?”

“No, but I never asked you to be my Tinker Bell.” Oh, yeah. Kyungsoo thought as he realized Jongin was right.

“Well, even if you did, I wouldn’t have said ‘yes’.”

“Then I’ll just ask someone else,” Jongin concluded and Kyungsoo felt as though he rejected his confession. It’s not like Kyungsoo wanted to reject the boy, but he just didn’t want to easily accept Jongin. 

“Wait, Jongin.”

“Kyungsoo noona, it’s okay. I wasn’t even going to ask you.”

“R-really?” 

“Yeah,” Jongin said. “I like another girl and I was sort of practicing my confession on you. By the way, sorry I used you.” At that moment, it felt as though someone had shot Kyungsoo. H-he used me? Kyungsoo’s lips went down as he looked over at the window. He didn’t know why, but after that moment, he wanted to fall on a pile of rocks. He wanted to get out of Jongin’s car and never see him again. “Noona,” he heard Jongin say, but Kyungsoo didn’t respond to it. Anyway, he wasn’t his noona. He was his hyung. “I was kidding about liking another girl and using you. None of that was true.” Kyungsoo rubbed at his eyes as he felt the salty substance forming. Why am I crying? He thought as he continued rubbing his eyes. “Kyungsoo noona, I’m sorry if I hurt you, but I was only kidding. Please, look at me,” Jongin said. 

“You’re driving,” Kyungsoo croaked out and Jongin knew, at that moment, he had done wrong. He quickly drove to the side of the rode before maneuvering the stick shift on brake and placing his hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. Kyungsoo tried to shrug the hand off, but it hadn’t worked so he decided to ignore it. 

“Noona, I’m sorry I made you believe all that,” Jongin started. “I just wanted to play around with you.”

“You think telling me that you like a girl and were only using me would make me laugh?” Kyungsoo didn't want to, but he ended up turning around, eyes filled with tears. He rubbed at them again before letting out a small, raspy cough. “Because it didn’t, Jongin. It didn’t make me laugh. I’m not ing laughing!” That was the first time Jongin had heard Kyungsoo curse, but that didn’t matter at the moment. What mattered was the fact he had made Kyungsoo cry over an immature and stupid joke. Jongin tried to rub the tears away, but Kyungsoo kept shoving him away. “Don’t touch me.”

“Noona.”

“I’m not your noona, Goddamnit!” Jongin widened his eyes at Kyungsoo’s outburst. “I’m not your noona…”

“I know you’re mad at me for doing that stupid joke, bu—“

“I’m your hyung…” Kyungsoo interrupted, looking down at his lap before rubbing his eyes again from the never-ending tears. “I’m not your noona…I’m not a girl, Jongin…I’m a guy…” 

“W-what…?” Jongin did’t know what to do at that moment. Yell or simply listen to his noo—hyung? Kyungsoo began to fully burst out in tears, but Jongin simply sat there, not knowing what to do.

“I’m a guy, Jongin. I’m a freaking guy who likes putting on girl clothes. I like guys, okay? I’m gay, Jongin. I’m not a girl,” Kyungsoo said, sobbing. He then tried to glare at the younger before pointing a finger at him. “And it’s your freaking fault that I’m like this! You know, I could give a crap about your love life and I could care less on what you told me at the tower, but the fact that I grew small feelings for you throughout the day made me get affected by your stupid joke and all those cheesy stuff you told me! I hate that I grew these stupid feelings for you when I knew you saw me as a girl. I was so stupid,” he mumbled out the last part, putting down his finger. “I should’ve told you I was a boy, but I was stupid enough to play along.”

“Noo—Hyung,” Jongin began, but kept silent right after because what would he say? He had nothing to tell the boy. Kyungsoo covered his face with his hands, not wanting Jongin to look at him. He probably thought Kyungsoo was disgusting like every person thought when they would see him. But…he was used to it so it was alright…wasn’t it? It wasn’t alright when Jongin was looking at him. 

Kyungsoo felt hands grip onto his shoulders before he was pulled into a hug by Jongin. The younger was silent and it stayed like that until Kyungsoo tried to leave the hug. The two awkwardly looked at each other; Kyungsoo’s red, puffy eyes and Jongin’s sharp, intense ones. Not one word was spoken as the younger boy decided to revert the car to drive while the older boy looked away and stared out the window. 

—————

The drive felt suffocating and bitter. Kyungsoo didn’t want to be in Jongin’s car any longer, but he didn’t have any other way to get home so he was stuck there. Jongin was slowly running out of gas so when he was putting gas in his car, Kyungsoo stared down at his hands on his lap. I’m so stupid. Kyungsoo had honestly wished he had never bumped into Jongin. He wished he hadn’t been so hungry and craving deokbokki. All in all, Kyungsoo had regretted ever going out by himself. If he had only gone with his girl friends, maybe Jongin would have fallen for one of them than with Kyungsoo. Jongin wasn’t gay so it would’ve been really possible. It wouldn’t even had affected the short boy because he wouldn’t have had feelings for the younger. However, that wasn’t the case at the moment. No, Jongin had accidentally fallen for Kyungsoo and it wasn’t his fault. It was Kyungsoo’s because he hadn’t said anything when they first introduced themselves. He chose to keep his gender a secret and that is why Jongin ended up falling for him, not knowing that he was falling for a boy. 

The sound of a car door shutting had gotten Kyungsoo to look up from his lap and stare at Jongin with a deadpan face. Jongin didn’t look at Kyungsoo, but rather ignored it and continued to turn on the engine to the car before driving out of the gas station. 

—————

“Where do you live?” Kyungsoo had told Jongin his address and they were soon heading off to the older’s house. 

They soon reached his house and Kyungsoo slowly unbuckled the seatbelt before grabbing onto the door handle. He took in a deep breath, eyes closed before opening them, and turned around to look at Jongin. The boy was staring at nothing in particular, but Kyungsoo had assumed he was staring at the steering wheel. 

“Well, I guess this is goodbye, then,” he said with a forced laugh, but he stopped when the younger hadn’t reacted at all. “Okay…well, bye Jongin.” Before he had forgotten, he grabbed all the shopping bags from the backseat and looked over at Jongin once again. The boy was still looking at the steering wheel. Kyungsoo slowly opened the door and let out a sigh before fully opening it and getting out. As he was about to completely shut the door and never see Jongin ever again, the younger finally decided to speak.

“Kyungsoo noo-hyung.” Kyungsoo didn’t know if he was relieved the boy had decided to speak to him before the two would completely disappear from each other’s worlds. 

“Yeah?” At that point, Jongin had decided to look over at Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo never thought he was going to see the younger’s smile for the last time. 

“I hope we can still hang out,” he said. “What I’m saying is if we can start over?” Kyungsoo wanted to frown because he knew Jongin meant as friends and he knew Jongin would never like him because Jongin didn’t like guys. Jongin liked girls. Jongin was straight. However, Kyungsoo couldn’t stop denying it because he still felt as though Jongin liked him when he didn’t know he was a boy. As a matter of fact, he shouldn't have told the younger his real gender. Maybe if he hadn’t said anything, Jongin would’ve still liked him. Ugh, what am I thinking? Kyungsoo mentally shook his head from the thoughts before putting on a smile and looking at Jongin. 

“Okay,” he replied, his eyes feeling somewhat watery all of a sudden. Jongin simply had let out a chuckle before, all of a sudden, getting out of the car and walking over to Kyungsoo. No, don’t come closer. Don’t make this any harder for me. Kyungsoo quickly wiped the tears away before Jongin would notice. 

And there stood Jongin in front of Kyungsoo with a smile on. Kyungsoo tried to smile, but it was rather hard when his tears were slowly coming out. The next thing he knew, Jongin sticked out his hand and Kyungsoo tilted his head to the side. 

“Hi,” Jongin greeted. “I’m Jongin. Kim Jongin.” That was the first time Kyungsoo had heard Jongin’s last name. Now that he was thinking about it, Jongin had never mentioned his last name to him; neither did he tell him his. Kyungsoo stared at Jongin’s hand for a good few seconds before grabbing it with his free hand. He slowly averted his teary eyes to the tall boy and, for the first time since they had met, genuinely smiled at him.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Do Kyungsoo.”

 

END

--------

Thank you guys for reading and I hope you enjoyed it! 

Also, I don't plan on making a sequal because I was already planning on ending it like that from the very beginning, but at least it didn't end sad! Well, idk if you would cskljdhfskljdf Ok! 

Bye-bye ^^