oo1

Slip Of The Tongue

edited :)


It's been days since the last time Kyungsoo had called me. I don’t know what has he’s been doing this day lately, but since that girl name Cha Hyeri came along. He’s been avoiding me. and that’s make me worried as hell.

“where the hell are you?” I asked my self as I press the redial button again.

“the number you’re calling–“

“Aish! Where are you?!” I shouted to myself as I throw the phone to my bed. It bounced lightly and I throw myself to my bed.

My mind haven’t left Kyungsoo since weeks ago. When I was walking downtown, I saw a round pretty cake at the window. The next day was our 3rd year anniversary and I decided to buy some cake to surprise him when he got to his apartment. So that day I called him. Asking him if he prefer some chocolate cake or tiramisu.

“ah, hello?” his sweet voice ring to my ear the moment he answered his phone.

“Kyungsoo-ya!” I exclaimed happily.

“a–ah right, what’s wrong baby?” asked him stuttering.

I frowned as I still put the phone on my ear. “are you okay?” asked me worried.

“ye­–yeah, I’m okay. What’s up?” asked him again.

I tried to shrug it off. Maybe he just nervous. It’s been awhile since the last time we met and maybe he just don’t expect it much. Both of us has been busy with our own schedule. I’m busy with my college project, and he... well actually I don’t even know what has he have been doing lately. He always cut it out whenever I asked about him. He nervously change the actual subject and I won't bother him any further. Because, well I thought he would tell me the other day when he’s ready.

“hmm, I wonder…. Which do you prefer? Chocolate or tiramisu?” asked me happily as I smile through the phone. Talking to Kyungsoo has been on of my favorite things to do this weekend. 

“hmm well. It depends, will you bake it for me?”

I stopped for a while, should I lie? “yes of course, I will bake it for you.” I answered as I check out the cake displaying infront of me. 

Not long after, i heard him chuckled through the phone and without knowing, I smile at him too, “well just make me the chocolate cake then. We both now how screw up you when the last time you make tiramisu for me!”

I laughed with him, “alright if you say so. I’ll make you some tiramisu right now!” I joked

“fine but I won't help you cleaned the kitchen again.”

“okay, no problem.” I laughed it of. “So, are we going to have a dinner date tomorrow?” asked me slyly. Hoping that he would say yes or something like. How do you know I’ve prepared something for you?

But the next thing he said make me frowned. “tomorrow? Well I have a plan with my friend tomorrow. So I can't give you some fancy dinner.”

“But, we have some appointment that day. I thought you would save it up for us.” I whined.

“Appointment? Is tomorrow an important day? You have something tomorrow? You’re mom’s birthday?”

 

What? He forgot?

 

“Y–you.. for– ergh, Nevermind. Where are you anyway?”

He started thinking again, “hmm me? I’m in Myeongdong right now,”

I widened my eyes. I’m in here too. Where are you?

Then I tried to look outside the street. Looking for Kyungsoo who might stand near me.

“Really? Should I come? I’m near to–“

“What? No, no! no need to come here.” He denied as I could feel his panic face behind the phone. Like... he caught red handed. Just then I saw him across the street infront of our favorite restaurant. Some pasta restaurant with a romantic sense. But later something catch my eyes. I saw a woman with a long wavy hair smilling to Kyungsoo with a genuinely smile. She stepped outside from the restaurant and waved her hand for Kyungsoo to come there.

 

What a woman?

 

“You… you’re alone?”

“No,” he answered. At least he’s not covering it up–

“I’m with the kids.” He continued.

“Kai?”

“yes, just Kai and Chanyeol here,” and that hits me. He’s lying. Because the second later he when inside the restaurant and put his arm on the woman’s shoulder.

“Baby?” called him again.

I stuttered then, “Oh, alright, you must have been busy. I’m hanging up then,”

“Baby–“

And I hung up.

 

That was the first time Kyungsoo lied to me. Or maybe the first time when I caught him.

 


 

The day after the Myeongdong incident, Kyungsoo totally forgot about the anniversary. And that hurts me much. He came to my house late night. When I already turn off my TV and ready to prepare my bed. Then he barged in and brought me some groceries. He grinned at me as he pulled his groceries bag up. I stared at him and give him a heavy sigh.

“Go home Kyungsoo, it’s pass midnight. I want to sleep,”

I turned my body and walked to my bedroom. That when Kyungsoo stopped me. He slipped his arms on my waist and pull me back. He’s back hugging me. His chest press against mine and I could feel the heat came from his body. I could feel my face grew red as I could feel his heart beat from behind. His hug was warm and comfortable, but not enough for me to forgive him that easily. Plus the fact that he's lying at my face? Hmm double issues. 

“I’m sorry, I forgot.” He whispered to my ear as he put his chin on my shoulder. Kiss my shoulder lightly and turn me around. I put my head down didn’t want to see his face. so he press his finger on my chin and push it up. Make me looked at him with my doe eyes. He smiled at me sweetly. And my heart never stop fluttered whenever saw his smile.

“Forgive me?” asked him nicely as he titled his head cutely.

 

Damn you, Do Kyungsoo.

 

I pouted, tried hard not to smile. But then he poked his finger at my puffed cheek. Make me glared at him but he took it as an opportunity to peck my lips.

“KYUNGSOO!” I shouted at him as the other boy run across the room to avoid me.   

 

That night he end up making us some midnight snack. Cooking us a bowl of seaweed soup. And later when he washed the dishes and leave me in the TV room, I fell asleep. Its 1.56 am and I was really tired that day. So I closed my eyes tried myself to sleep. But I barely sleeping. I was half sleeping and that was when I heard Kyungsoo’s phone rang.

I frowned deep inside, who called him in the past midnight like this. Just in the moment I decided to turned my back and looked up, I heard him talking.

“Ah, noona! What’s bring yo– ah? You want me to come? Okay, I’ll be right away.” And he hung up.

Right away? I opened my eyes carefully and tried to look at the wall clock above the TV.

It’s freaking 2 am and a noona asked you to come? Who the hell is she?

“baby,” called him slowly as I heard him took his jacket from the dinned chair.

“baby, I need to go. Are you okay if I’m leaving?” asked him again. Then he walked pass me and met me sleeping on the couch. Pretend to be exact.

“you sleep?” he asked when he saw me sleeping peacefully.

Then he kneeled down and I could feel his face infront of me. His hot breath blew against my face. He smiled at me and caress my long hair. 

“Sleep tight, my dear.”

He whispered as he carry me up in a bridal style and put me safely in my comfortable bed. He put the blanket on my body and sat in the edge of my bed. Adoring my sleeping face. Just before I want to opened my eyes and caught him red handed staring at me, he put my bangs aside. He touched my cheek with his finger and then kissed me in the forehead.

Just when he turn his back and walked away, I grabbed his wrist. Looking at him lively like I’ve never been sleeping before.

“Don’t leave.” I whispered. He turned at me and looked at me. Shocked.

“You awake?” asked him, but It sounds more like a confirmation.

“Never been sleep anyway,” I said as I looked at him in the eye.

Then he gave me his heart shaped smile. “And you let me carried your heavy body? Sneaky girl,” he smirked as he touched my nose lightly.

“where are you going?” asked me again with a serious expression.

But Kyungsoo keep his eyes on my nose, far from my eye. He’s avoiding me.

“Kyungsoo,” I called.

“hmm?” asked him as he played with my hair.

“answer me,” I pushed him, not literally.

“emm hmm,” he kept not answering me nor looking to my eyes. So I decided to sit up and cross my hand.

“why don’t you answer me?”  asked me again. Getting frustrated. The more he kept silent, the more I’ll be mad at him and thought about something.

“are you hiding something behind me?”

“no,” answered him. Still not looking to my eyes.

“then, where are you going?”

“to my friend’s house.”

“who?”

“friend,”

he kept avoiding it. Alright.

“hmm, okay. So you won't meet me until next morning?”

Kyungsoo nodded and he finally looked at me. He smiled poorly.

“alright. Call me right after you’re there.”

“but I’m sure you must have slept the moment I stepped there.”

I pouted, “fine, text me! and don’t deactivate your phone!” Kyungsoo nodded at me and smile cutely. “alright ma’am!”

I chuckled. “okay,” then Kyungsoo pushed me lightly to the bed, to make me sleep and put the blanket up to my shoulder. Before he could leave his place, I pull his neck and hold him for a kiss. I kissed him slowly as I nibbling and pull him closer. His lips are addictive and never failed a single thing to impress me. That sweet taste from his lips always asked me to kiss him all over again and again. No mater how many time I've kissed him before. Kyungsoo shocked at first. Maybe he never thought I would take a bold action as pull him for a kiss. But a second later, I found him smiling into the kiss and kiss me back. The kiss last long until both of us need to take some air. He let go of me as he drowned in my eyes.

He looked at my red swollen lips once more then grinned at me.

“I never thought you miss my kiss that much.”

“well you’re too careless.” As I grabbed his neck once more and kiss him harder. But the kiss didn’t last long. He pulled back then looked at me.

“I’m sorry baby. No matter how much I want to kiss you right now, I need to go. Someone need me right now and that’s important.”

“nghhh, fine...” I said.

Kyungsoo laughed at me then give me one last peck on my nose.

“I’ll call you later, okay?” I nodded at him. And before he would close my door, I said.

“Kyungsoo-ya,”

“hmm?”

“you know, you can trust me, right? And I won't be mad at you?”

there’s a silent. So I decided to look at him to see his expression. And later he answered.

“yeah, of course.”

 


the first update! i decided to cut the chapter short. it's too long... hahaha