Chapter 2

The Walkers

    "So.... what's your name?" Chen asks the boy. We had been walking for about an hour, in silence.

    "Why should I tell you?" He asks without looking at us.

    "Well, uh..." Chen's voice dies out and soon we are walking in silence again.

    Then I spot something, like a shed.  I tug on Chen's sleeve to get his attention.

     "Over there!" I say and point. "Should we go check it out? If there aren't any of them roaming around it then should we stay there temporarily."

    "Sure...I'm just curious why there is a random shed in the middle of no where."


    After we check all around the shed, we decide to check what is inside the shed.

    "Ready? One, two, three."

    We bust open the doors but to our surprise we are greeted with silence, and a terrible smell, but it's not he smell of them so it's okay.

    "So there isn't anything here?" Chen asks and walks further into the shed.

    "Well, there is someone here." An unfamiliar voice calls out.  Two boys step away from the dark corner that they were in. They could be brothers, the look fairly alike. One had more girly features and a small smile on his face, while the other had a serious expression.

    "I'm Lu han." The prettier one says. " This is Sehun." Luhan points to Sehun in the process.

    "I'm Chen, nice to meet you guys."

    "Eunjae"

    They look at the boy who came with us expectantly, but he remains silent.

    "Well, we've been staying here since a few days ago, and they haven't found us yet,because they are in the city, not out here in the middle of nowhere, you're welcome to stay... but they might be able to find us easilier..." Luhan said

    "We don't know about you guys, we have a few weapons. We also killed a lot of them some time ago, so  if you guys also have weapons, we could always kill them."

    "Ah, then you are welcome to stay." Luhan says, then sits down on an old lawnchair and picks up a battered book.  Sehun sits on the ground and falls into a deep thought.

    Me and Chen sit down against the wall, the boy goes to the corner of the shed.

   After a few minutes, we hear a soft weeping sound but we say nothing about it.


   Weeks passed, and the five lived together in the shed. There had been a supply of food and water in the shed strangely, we ate as little as possible since none of us wanted to go get more food and water. WE talk to each other but usuakly just keep to our selves.

    We found out that Luhan and Sehun were childhood friends, They had run out of the city and found the shed, they had no idea where it came from either. Usually Chen and Luhan talk the most, while the rest of us mostly keep to ourselves.

Everday was the same, nothing unusual happened , except for today.

   " Uh...guys.." I say. they look at me. "Is it just me or do you hear those sounds, that groaning, thumping sound, it's really quiet but..." I catch their attention. Luhan and Chen jumps up and walk to the door, Chen opens the door to about and inch, then curses and closes the door.

    "They're coming. I can see their figures at the horizon, Let's go, let's run." Chen says calmly and picks up his car lock from the ground, I can tell he's shaking. We pick up our stuff then run out of the shed. We are never safe for too long.

    After we run out I look behind me out of curiosity, about a dozen are coming after us, they all seems vaguely familiar but I shake that thought away.  They can smell us, we would have never been safe in that shed.

    We run and run, after about 15 minutes I stop, I've reached my limit.

    "Eunjae! What are you doing? Run!" Chen stops and yells at me.

    "I'm too tired I can't run, you guys run, I'll catch up later, I just need to rest for a few minutes." I reply.

    "What, do you think you are in a movie? Run until you die woman." Sehun says.

    "You're making all of us wait for you just run. You can talk so you can run. This is life or death!" Chen yelled again.

    Then I feel someone pull me up. I look up and see the boy  he is still as expresionless as usual.

    "I'll carry you." He says and bends down so I can jump onto his back. I pause, I don't know what to do. He is tired to right? But should I still accept his offer?

    "Hurry up." Sehun hisses and I jump onto his back.

    His back is surprisingly comfortable, I rest my head on his shoulder. His soft shaggy hair tickles my face bit and I smile.

    "My name is Chanyeol" He mutters then stands up and *pretends he never said anythings* My smile widens.

    "Chanyeol what?" I ask

    He doesn't answer but I am satisfyed just to know his first name, it's good enough.

    We set off again.


     The sun is setting soon ,we decide to stop again. I had hopped off the boy's back along time ago. We didn't run for the whole time. every now and then we would stop for a minute or so then keep running. We were literally running for our lives. 

    "Should we stay here for the night?" Chen asks. "I'm pretty sure they are way behind us right now, we can't even hear them." 

    "We can never be sure, let's just walk, we might find some other people." Luhan suggests and we all agree. It isn't safe to stop but we were all dead tired.

   "I wonder, how were those thing creat-" Chen is interrupted by a loud honking sound. like a car horn. We turn around and see a big bus slowly heading towards us.

    "Only humans  can drive right?" I ask, not to anyone in particular.

   "Let's hope so." Luhan says.

    The bus stops infront of us, the doors slowly open.and the person in the driver seat speaks.

    "Get on."

    "Well I've been taught at a young age to never talk to stranger-" Chen jokes but stops when I shove him up the bus.

    "Nobody wants to joke around Chen."

I get on after Chen. followed by Chanyeol. But as soon as Chanyeol steps on the bus he gasps.

    "Baekhyun!" Chanyeol pushes me and Chen aside as he runs towards a boy near the back of the bus.  Baekhyun is just as excited to see Chanyeol. They hug, in manly way of course, and start talking excitedly.

   The reunion tears me up a little, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are lucky, For the rest of the day I can only think about how much I want to find my brother again.

    The bus ride is terrible, the only sound is the sound of a girl wailing in the back. She is young, nine? Maybe ten? She has been crying ever since I got on. A boy had tried to comfort her a little while back, but it was no use and only made her cry harder.

    Every two or three hours, we switch drivers, so we can all rest.

    Did they reach other countries? Maybe China? Russia? What about over seas? Chen's mom wasn't in Korea so she was probably alive . They can't cross water right?  Do they decompose? Is there a place were they haven't been to yet? Not possible, Is there a place this bus is going to?

 I turn to ask Chen and discuss these questions floating in my head with him, only to find him fast asleep.So I decide to ask the two guys sitting in front of me. I tap the taller one on the shoulder. He turns around along with the man sitting next to him.

     "Mmhmm? Can I help you in anyway?" I recognize him right away, he was the driving when we had got on.

    "Um, sorry to bother you but do you know  if this bus is going anywhere in particular?" I try to seem as polite as possible becuase he looks as if he wants to shoot me.

    The guy sitting next to him answers.

    "There's a safe place somewhere northwest ,near China I believe from here, The place has walls to keep them out, that's where we are going."  He smiles then says,    "Call me Suho."

    "Kris's the name." The man next to Suho said.

    "Eunjae, and this guy sitting next ot me is Chen."

     "Nice to meet you guys." Suho says  with a soft smile and turns back around.

    Walls? That sounds safe,  I wonder how long the drive will take.


AN:

EEEYOOO!~ ahaha.. I'm sorry I kina disappeared for like a few years, I sorta planned out the rest of this story in the mean time though! XD 

Anyways, feel free to comment or come talk to me! The more the merrier! :D

'Till next time though... Goodbye!

< 3