Catching Wind 2/2

Catching Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

okay, it's getting astray from here =='

my bad.

 

The collaboration almost failed. Jung Yunho wasn’t the only one against the arranged engagement. Kim Jaejoong shared Yunho’s disagreement for different reason. No, he’s not seeing someone else like yunho did and no, he’s not a snobbish little prince of high up elite society. Kim jaejoong believed in love. He wouldn’t get engaged to someone he knew nothing about and once he heard about Yunho’s rejection, he stated his ground. He wouldn’t be a fool of a business joke. He’s well capable of himself, extremely good looking, had so many hopeful suitors in queue and he had high pride. Why would he throw his pride for a man who always looked so depressed just sitting in one room with him?

The both sides rescheduled then halted the business project. Yunho was on the full blame of his father’s hospital visits. A mild heart attack. His mother reminded him about his responsibilities. His sister and brother accused him. His friends started to leave his side predicting the Jung’s fall. There were employees’ strikes, company internal frictions, old trusted staffs resigning, possibility of bankruptcy yet Yunho cared better on getting forgiveness from his supposed to be Ex. After long day jumping among hospital, lawyer’s office, meeting rooms, his campus and hospital again, he spent his few hours left to sleep lingering somewhere in front of the dolphin’s house. He missed Junsu terribly. He skipped all the knick-knack of his graduation day because of Junsu. They had had it planned long time ago that on Yunho's graduation day, Junsu would wear the couple ring Yunho been trying to make his dolphin put it on Junsu's finger. They had planned a  family lunch (the Kims and Yunho, of course. No Jung. Eunhyuk was a special exception) where Yunho would ask the Kim's consent to take care of Junsu officially. Like he hadn't been doing it all along. No Junsu, no graduation celebration. Besides, his father was not in the state to be bothered by public appearance.

He lingered around the Kim's as much as his scarce resting time allowed him to. He needed to hear and know that Junsu was alright without him. He needed to know that Junsu was okay. Junho caught him one night and he was sent to hospital. Junho warned him not to ever set foot in the Kim's yard ever again for the sake of both of them.

Heechul showed up in the following morning.

             “I thought you’re way better than this crap.”

Yunho looked out of the hospital window.

             “I understand Junsu’s situation because you baby him too much, man but look at you.” Heechul sighed. “You know what they said about you now?”

             “A ****bag?” Yunho shrugged. He half wished Junho had beaten him a lot more. He deserved it.

             “A stupid ******* actually.” Heechul corrected. “There, in front of you, handed one of the most beautiful, most sought after man in the country for free yet what you did is pampering dirt on his face.”

             “Jaejoong?”

             “Tsk.” Heechul rolled his eyes. “You’re too busy with Junsu to see or hear things around you. Poor Yunho.” Heechul sighed again. “Jaejoong has just been back from Milan. He doesn't know much about people here yet all of my friends who have met him lost their grip and went pursuing him. It's jaejoong's effect, they said."

Yunho was not interested.

"Open your eyes up a bit, my friend. You want to change things to have Junsu back, don’t you? Go change it. You have the opportunity right now. The company is the start. If you could prove it to your big man and Junsu what you're worth of, your father might have a change of mind and your baby boy would open up to you again. Junsu might hate you now but we all know he loves you more than his games.”

He did what Heechul suggested. He learned from scratch again about his family’s company. The more he learned, the more he realized he couldn’t give it up, the more he saw how hard working his father was and how much the dream meant for his father. And the more he missed his baby dolphin.

Yunho realizes he’s been standing some seconds too long that Junsu nearly leaves the train without him. It’s the next stop. He quickly proceeds forward following Junsu’s steps. It’s wet outside. The rain doesn’t pick only one place it seems. He pulls his coat tighter as he walks lightly after Junsu.

             “Coffee.” Junsu offers one steaming liquid in a cup to him. “You said your toes are turning into iced toes.”

It’s funny how Jaejoong thinks that Junsu is the good example of peter pan. Always a baby, hardly grows up. If jaejoong were here with him now, he would fuss about Yunho’s wet boots and trousers in no time as he buzzes around getting for new better coat, warm drink, clean shoes and bucket of warm water for his cold toes. Junsu only offers him a cup of coffee and he feels old warmth tickling his cold body warming just the semi freezing parts.

             “Thanks.”

They have to wait for another hour to get on the train heading back to the city. Yunho curses at himself mentally. He is going to give good explanation to his father and Jaejoong first thing when he is home. Jaejoong first. Jaejoong trusts him. It’s different case for Mr. Jung.

             “I know I shouldn’t come finding you.” He says. They both are sitting on the empty waiting benches for passengers. “I know I could reply Junho or Eunhyuk’s text informing them the possibility of where you are.” His shoulders are relaxed. “But I chose to find you myself. It’s something I can’t help.”

Junsu’s eyes are wandering along the train’s platform. Yunho watches the dolphin’s side view freely. He wonders when he would be granted the same opportunity to be this close with Junsu again in the future. He doubts he would meet the luck.

             “I haven’t told Jaejoong either.” Yunho breathes long. “I bet he knows it sooner or later. He’s good friend of Changmin’s, right? Eunhyuk and Junho texting me means Changmin must have been looking for you everywhere.”

             “Changmin doesn’t know.”

             “I beg your pardon?”

             “He doesn’t know.” Junsu repeats. “I told him last week I had a running course till tomorrow. I told Eunhyuk and Junho the same.”

Yunho raises his eyebrow. “But they asked me where you could be.”

             “Someone must have called Vin.” Junsu shrugs. “Or office.”

             “I don’t mean to probe but wouldn’t it be better if you talk to.. Junho or mom or someone?” Yunho stares at Junsu’s side burn.

             “Junho has had enough of my share.” Junsu shifts his back. “Mom or dad… I don’t want to make things more awkward between them and Changmin’s parents.”

             “You could talk to Jaejoong.”

Junsu tsks. “I don’t need long comprehensive lectures, Yun.”

Yun. Junsu calls him Yun again. He’s not angry at Yunho anymore.

             “Trying wouldn’t hurt.”

Junsu turns his head facing Yunho.

             “Can’t believe how dumb you are.” He scoffs. “Jaejoong loves you just like me to Changmin. What if you were in his position, Yun? Knowing the one you love is involved with rusty past that should have had been closed and buried?”

             “We keep no secret between us.” Yunho returns Junsu’s accusing look at him.

             “Doesn’t mean it’s okay for you to put his feelings and thoughts on second place.” Junsu accuses more. “If he could hold himself from questioning your antics, why couldn’t you do the same for him? I asked you not to see me around anymore for obvious reasons, Yun.”

             “Let me clear one thing. I love Jaejoong.” Yunho states in serious tone. “I love him. I keep nothing from him. I care about you because it’s you. Jaejoong cares about you because-

             “Because Jaejoong loves you, idiot.” Junsu’s lips are pressed thin. “Which I fail badly to do the same to Changmin’s ex. You see how kind he is now?”

It’s supposed to be about Junsu, not about his relationship with Jaejoong.

             “I really love Changmin too.” Junsu crosses his arms. It’s getting colder and colder. “But unlike Jaejoong who loves you unconditionally, I have my flaws. Lucky you. Poor Changmin.”

Yunho doesn’t know whether to feel offended or flattered with it.

             “Changmin would understand if you tell him honestly about your doubts.”

             “Again, Changmin isn’t Jaejoong. Changmin is Changmin.” Junsu looks like he’s about to laugh. “He would understand but it doesn’t stop him from being hurt.”

             “You hurt him too by confusing him.”

             “I know. That’s why I need to think.”

Yunho bites his lower lip before asking the question he’s been holding for too long.

             “Aren’t you hurt too, dolphin?”

Junsu very slowly unfolds his crossed arms and looks right into Yunho’s eyes.

             “You promised you wouldn’t ask a thing.”

The dolphin is hurt too. Deeper and longer than it may seem or shown. Yunho knows from Junsu’s voice, the emptiness in his eyes he saw before and from Junsu’s way changing the flow of their talk.

             “Sorry.” Yunho apologizes. “My flaw.” He admits. “I tend to overlook things when it’s about you.”

Thin white smoke is blown from their warm breaths and conversation. The temperature is dropping more by the upcoming morning dew.

             “You must stop it, Yun.” Junsu whispers. “Stop caring for me. Stop hurting Jaejoong. Stop taking his love for granted.”

             “Tried.” Yunho exhales. “It feels wrong, Su. My work is right. Dad is right. Jaejoong is right. Things are right but when you are not right, it feels wrong inside.”

Junsu closes his eyes as he looks up to the dark night sky.

             “We had our time, Yun. It’s over.”

The sight of junsu’s a little exposed neck, Junsu’s coated hurt expression as he looks up with closed eyes makes Yunho want to cry. He loved -perhaps still loves- his baby dolphin so much. Too much that it’s beyond difficult not to look after or care about Junsu despite his changed heart loving Kim Jaejoong now.

             “It’s over.” Yunho repeats in low tone. “Over. But I can’t see you hurt yourself, dolphin. I can’t.”

Junsu’s lips form a smile. “I can take care of myself alright. You taught me to look after things, to appreciate what I have and cherish it. You should do the same.”

Can’t I look after you a bit, baby dolphin? Can’t you grant me that one wish?

             “I..

             “Your dad was right. I wasn’t the deal you needed however much we tried. I was too childish. I still am but now I’ve learned not to repeat it.”

             “Dolphin..”

             “I’m sorry, Yun.”

             “For what?” Yunho’s heart almost gives the barrier up. Seeing this vulnerable side of Junsu is something he shouldn’t face by himself. It’s unbearable.

             “For giving you hard time after we broke up. For everything happened after that. I was.. I couldn’t take it well. I thought.. I couldn’t think..

Yunho’s fortress crumbles down. He moves hugging the dolphin. His body moves against the warning in his screaming brain.

             “I’m sorry we couldn’t make it, baby.” He hugs tight. “I wasn’t strong enough to stand for both of us.”

             “Yun..

             “I love you and will always do no matter what I am. I lied to you when I said time heals and changes everything. Time can’t heal and change this part of me that always belongs to you.”

             “Yun. Don’t do this.” Junsu is stiff in Yunho’s arms.

             “For the last time. I would never lie to you anymore. You are always the baby dolphin for me.”

Junsu’s lips tremble.

             “You are always a Yunho for me.” He says it in audible whisper. Yunho fails to catch it in time.

             “Don’t get hurt, dolphin.” Yunho pleads. “Cause you’ll see me finding you to make sure you are alright.”

             “I won’t.” Junsu nods heavily. “If you promise you wouldn’t hurt Jaejoong.”

             “I promise.”

             “And you wouldn’t hug me ever again.”

             “Promise.”

             “Now let go. Please.”

Yunho complies. He lets go and sees a smiling Junsu looking at him in softened eyes.

             “Changmin really loves you. Don’t confuse him.”

             “Yes, sir.”

Yunho smacks Junsu’s head. “Douche.”

             “HEY!!”

------

Jaejoong barely reaches his car in his neat morning suit when a pair of arms rounds over his chest and waist from behind. He moves spontaneously tackling the assault but when he hears the familiar breaths, he pulls the arm and sees the person.

             “YUN!!”

Yunho pulls Jaejoong into tight hug.

             “Yun! What’s wrong?”

             “I need my boo.”

             “Okay. What’s wrong, Yun?”

             “Let me hug you for a while.”

Jaejoong grunts but he hugs back patting Yunho’s back softly to comfort his beloved fiancé. They hug for three full minutes gathering looks and head turns from the maids and some passing familiar working staffs.

             “You alright, Yunnie?” Jaejoong asks still patting Yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter