2/2

That night I hung up on him

It was March and today was the first day it was a little warmer again. In the afternoon on this Saturday I found myself in my local convenient store buying some water and sweets.
I wanted to go home then and spend the rest of the day watching movies and maybe reading a little.

But then I noticed a tall man standing just a few meters away from me looking for some milk?
I wouldn’t have paid attention if he I didn’t found him looking so familiar.
My heart skipped a beat when he turned his head into my direction and I recognized the same strange pair of eyes I’ve already seen a while ago.

“Hey, it’s you!” He suddenly said as he recognized me.
And yes, it was definitely him. It was the exact same man with those dark eyes and that sincere smile on his lips. The only difference was that the bruises on his tanned skin disappeared.

I returned his smile brightly as I headed towards him.
“What are you doing here?” I asked still surprised but happily.
He thought about his answer for a moment observing the dairy products on the shelf again.
“Buying … milk.”
I was just looking at him waiting for him to continue. And he did.

“Well, my friend asked me to buy some when I would be finished with work, so here I am.”
“You work here?” I asked a little confused actually.
The man ran his fingers through his dark hair smiling a little bit.
“Yea, I work part-time at a florist.”
I laughed a little. “At a florist you say? And your milk friend, is this the friend you moved in with recently?”
“Yes, Oh Sehun, my milk friend who I moved in recently with.” He laughed too.
I nodded still grinning at him.

“So I suppose you don’t know this area that well.”
He shook his head.
“I could show you a nice coffee shop here.”
The man’s eyes brightened up and he showed me another smile of his.
“That would be nice. I think I have time. But should I really go with a taken girl on a coffee shop date?”

I sighed quietly.
“I broke up with Jongdae. I broke up with him just the next day.”
Then we remained silent for a little moment.

“At least I know now that ’s name.”
I rolled my eyes but still smiling.
“That’s all very nice but I still don’t know yours.”

The man’s eyes widened at that realization. He didn’t say anything first as if trying to remember what his name actually was. But then our eyes met again and his voice was soft when he answered me.


“Zitao” He said. “My name is Zitao.”