Finding the End

False Realities

The voice droned in my head, the sounds coming from all around. After a while, the noises dissapated.

I woke up from what had been an eternity - more than a night, for sure. It felt more like years since I had woken up; my body felt extremely fatigued, as if I had run a marathon in my sleep. It did feel like many things had happened since I had gone to bed...

I glanced at my phone next to me - it said 8 AM. Yet, another glance at my window showed it was still completely dark.

"What's going on?", I managed to groan out.

I slowly turned myself on my bed, stood up, and moved to my window. Maybe someone had pulled a prank and put up a barrier on my window?

When I opened my blinds, there was only darkness. I could not see anything.

I wasn't blind, for sure - it was definitely dark outside.

There were no stars in the sky, and the only light sources were the blue lanterns placed near each the dormitory buildings.

It was as if a solar eclipse were underway, except it wasn't. I squinted, trying to see if anyone was wandering outside, but the world outside was lifeless.

"I need to check on everyone else," I said to myself before I was frozen still. As I turned, an unknown force froze me in place, cementing my limbs in their locations. I felt the air around me go cold, as if I had been teleported into an industrial freezer.

That familiar sensation that I had felt while leaving class came back. Terror exploded throughout my body, and I tried to scream, but to no avail - my voice was silenced.

Resisting the unknown force, I moved my head to my right, trying to look towards my door, and saw an unbelievable sight.

"It seems you can still move...interesting," said a mysterious voice. "Too bad that this is the end for you."

A black cloud engulfed the far corner of my room, its aura of darkness away the existance of whatever it touched. Around its aura, time and space seemed to be distorted, as objects spaghettified and twisted in unnatural movements. I could only make out what seemed to be a pair of small, bright lights in the middle of the entity, resembling sinister eyes of a snake that would pounce on its prey from a hidden, shrouded crevice.

I was completely paralyzed, and could not move any of my limbs or my head. I wiggled my feet, trying to wake up from what I thought was an instance of nightmare-induced sleep paralysis, but the unholy scene unfolding in front of my did not change. I felt a colder sensation on my cheeks as tears streamed out of my eyes.

"Ah, you think this is a nightmare, don't you? Sadly, this is real," said the black cloud. Its voice seemed wispy, as if someone had been out of breath and tried to continue speaking.

"Why..are you...doing this?" I managed to squeal, my fear giving me a burst of desperate energy to vocalize something.

The entity's answer was absolute and cold.

"Because it is now the end of your story. Too long have you been rotting here, doing nothing and progressing nowhere."

Terror began exploding throughout my body, as if I were a sealed canister of gasoline thrown into an erupting volcano. I continued to struggle, attempting to move my legs and arms, but it was no use - I was locked in place.

"I can't...I'm not going to let you end me..." My voice breaking and crying furiously, I frantically tried to squirm, trying to find any possible hole in this unknown force.

"I know you won't. That is why I will end you quickly, before things get out of hand. Once I end you, so will this universe." The entity's voice was low, as if trying to hide its own presence from another force.

"I won't-"

My head suddenly cocked forward, directly at the dark cloud. It fired a small, needle-like projectile, one that I felt slam into my face. I fell to the floor, my body released from its grip. I lost sensation with the rest of my body, as if I had been numbed.

My eyes looking towards the floor, I saw another body's limbs scattered on the ground.

My vision began to fade like the ending of a movie, one that was expected but not wanted. Yet, a euphoric feeling also overwhelmed me, as if I was released from a prison held in for so many years.

Before I knew it, the dark entity was gone - the apartment was back to normal. Everything began to change colors, the white walls now a brilliant shade of blue.

As my eyes closed, I heard a loud noise, and the sounds of numerous footsteps nearby.

"No..no...this wasn't supposed to happen!"

"Someone start healing! We need to get the parts back together!"

Voices echoed, as if I was traveling down a long hallway. There were several screams.

"We can't...***** injuries...***...not survivable."

"Don't *** ****...this can't... ***...end already..."

"Look...this...too much."

There were what seemed to be sobbing noises - it sounded like muffled sounds of a dog groaning.

"This...**...***...end...**...this world."

"No! *****'* ***** one...****...chance."

The sounds soon faded away like a distant memory.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Before the darkness consumed me, I heard one last voice.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

.

"!@#$ #$ &*! !@* *^%