Smiles

A Second Chance

It was like taking in a breath of fresh air for the first time in a long time. That's how KyungIl felt when him and DoKyun finally left the cafe. He could feel his whole body relax now that he didn't have to worry about catching himself staring at YiJeong.

He thought back at the way he'd acted in front of YiJeong, KyungIl hadn't been able to look at him even when the other had attempted starting a conversation with him. He felt like a complete jerk acting that way towards a person he had barely met.

"Do you know YiJeong from somewhere else?" DoKyun's sudden question caught KyungIl by surprise

"Huh?"

"I know, it's a stupid question but I couldn't help noticing the way you looked at him" 

"You're just imagining things" 

"I guess...YiJeong would of said something if he knew you" KyungIl sighed relieved that DoKyung, hopefully, wasn't going to ask anything else about his weird behavior earlier in the cafe.

"What's the sigh for?"

"Nothing, I'm just a bit tired from practice"

"Ah that's right, how is training going? Have you been given a date to debut yet?" The silence that followed answered DoKyun's question "...I guess not" the mood turned a bit gloomy "but don't lose hope, I'm sure you'll debut soon since you're a really good singer"

"Not as good as you thou"

"You're going to make me blush~" DoKyun used his hands to cover his face, as if he were trying to cover a nonexistent blush of embarrassment. 

"Stop fooling around,  I'm serious" DoKyung's expression turned serious all of a sudden, he looked at his feet as they walked in silence. 

"I don't think I'm better than you...you're always working so hard to achieve your dreams, I actually envy you a bit for that" KyungIl was surprised by the other's confession. 

"You're also working hard aren't you, you even have a band now, I'm the one who should be envious"

"Well it's not technically mine, YiJeong and SiHyoung are the owners. I just happen to provide the vocals for now" he suddenly stopped walking "Actually now that I remember,  YiJeong was the original vocalist,  I don't know why he stopped thou since it was before I met them"

 

----------------------

YiJeong sighed exhausted from working all day. He could already feel his shoulders and arms getting sore from carrying things to customers and cleaning tables. 

"SiHyoung owes me big time" he looked at the paper the manager had given him. It was a list of rules and regulations one had to know and follow when working there. He was only suppose to cover for SiHyoung until he got better but had somehow ended up being hired as a part time worker. "He'll probably get mad when he finds out" YiJeong thought getting his things from the locker that had been assigned to him.

He walked out into the cold October night. He wondered when the nights had gotten so cold. He zipped his jacket all the way up to try and protect himself from the cold. He didn't want to end up sick like SiHyoung. 

"I should buy him some medicine"  he thought as he walked by a pharmacy. He went inside and got some cold medicine for SiHyoung and a few snacks for himself. As he was about to pay his phone began to ring, he quickly paid the cashier to answer. 

"Hello?"

*"Are you finished working yet?"* He heard SiHyoung's voice from the other end.

"Yeah, I finished a while ago, I was just passing by a pharmacy to get you some medicine" he heard SiHyoung sneezing "you sound horrible"

*"I feel horrible"* he complained *"just get here quickly"* 

"You're as bossy as ever thou, I'll be there in a bit" 

When YiJeong got to the apartment him and SiHyoung shared he was surprised by the mess that awaited him. SiHyoung laid sprawled  on the couch, countless pieces of tissue paper scattered around him on the floor. On the small table next to him where a couple of half empty cups of ramen. YiJeong assumed that was probably all he had eaten. 

"Seriously,  I leave you alone for a while and this is what I come to" he sighed taking off his shoes at the entrance.  He went into the small living room that also served as a dining room, he cleared off a space on the crowded table to place the medicine and snacks he's bought. 

"YiJeong, I'm cold" SiHyoung whined

"Than go get something to cover yourself with" 

"I don't want to move" YiJeong should of known he was going to say something like that. When SiHyoung got sick he would turn into a spoiled child.

"There, better? " SiHyoung wrapped himself in the fluffy blue blanket YiJeong had gone and gotten for him.

"I'm still cold" YiJeong touched SiHyong's forehead with the back of his hand

"You're burning up" SiHyoung shivered

"Your hand is cold" YiJeong quickly took his hand back

"I'm going to make you something to eat so you can take the medicine" he went to prepare a simple meal for SiHyoung and after struggling for almost half an hour to get SiHyong to sit up, YiJeong finally managed to get him to eat and take his medicine. 

"You should go to your room" YiJeong told SiHyoung who had laid back on the couch.  "You'll feel more comfortable in your bed"

"I feel more sick in my room" 

"Fine, do whatever you want" YiJeong quickly cleaned up and sat down on the crowded couch where SiHyoung was already half asleep. He the TV and began eating his snacks. After the drama he had been watching ended he turned to SiHyoung to tell him once again to go sleep in his own room but he seemed to have fallen asleep already. YiJeong yawned exhausted from a long day of work, he turned off the TV and headed towards his room.

"YiJeong" startled, Yiejong turned to look at SiHyoung whom he'd though asleep. 

"What is it?"

"Don't go..." looking at him closely YiJeong realized that SiHyoung's eyes were closed. 

"is he sleep talking?" YiJeong went and pulled the blanket up to SiHyoung's neck to keep him warm.

"You seriously turn into a little kid when you're sick" he smiled, even thou he complained about SiHyoung acting like a kid, YiJeong was actually glad he did. SiHyoung had been raised solely by his mother and since young had worked to help her. It made YiJeong feel special to see SiHyoung,  who was usually so serious,  act so childlike only in front of him.

"I'm so selfish"

-------------------------
All KyungIl wanted to do was sleep but all he had done since he'd laid down was stare up at the ceiling of the one room apartment he had been able to afford after he left his parents house. They had offered to help him pay for a better place but he had declined not wanting to rely on them so much now that he was an adult. 

""...Yijeong was the original vocalist. .."" DoKyun's words suddenly came back to him

"I wonder why he stopped? " he thought as he finally closed his eyes, slowly drifting into the silence of the night. Even thou he liked the silence it also terrified him. With nothing to distract him, his mind would wonder. Eventually bringing him to places he would rather forget.

"It's a lie! Don't believe her!"

"You're such a liar Daniel, just admit it already! "

"Please KyungIl,  please don't believe her..."

"You think he wouldn't notice"

"You're disgusting! "
                                                     

                                                          Cruel, why are people so cruel