Minseok & Jongdae - 1

Queer & Proud - Behind the Scenes

 

“Minseok. Minseok. Minseok. Minseok. Minseok.

 

Minseok groaned as he slowly lifted his head from the table, turning to glare viciously at his best friend.

 

What.”

 

Luhan grinned good-naturedly, leaning forward to whisper. “Kim Jongdae has been staring at you for the past hour.”

 

Minseok froze at the name and frowned, shaking his head. “No way.”

 

“Yes way,” Luhan squealed as quietly as he could. “His eyes have been fixed on you for like, forever. It’s kind of creepy, if you think about it.”

 

“Oh, shut up,” Minseok hissed before returning his head back onto the table. However, before he turned completely away, he stole a quick glance at the opposite back corner of the room. There, sure enough, Kim Jongdae was seated with a pencil in his mouth, eyes boring into Minseok’s back. Minseok gulped and turned back around before Jongdae could notice.

 

Told you,” Luhan teased with a smirk. Minseok huffed and sent his friend a glare before returning to his sleep, trying his best to ignore the burning eyes on him.

 

The bell rang after a couple more minutes, and Luhan quickly shook Minseok awake. After watching his friend lazily lift his head, he grabbed his bag and swung it across his back.

 

“I’m meeting Baekhyun and Jongin for dessert. You aren’t going to go, are you?”

 

Minseok mumbled something incoherent, and Luhan waved once before running out. Sighing, Minseok stood up from his seat, slowly shoving his books back into his bag. He felt someone stop next to his desk and lifted his head.

 

His eyes widened in surprise when he saw Kim Jongdae in front of him, messy bangs covering half of his eyes and standing with all of his weight on one foot. Minseok frowned slightly when the strong smell of cigarette stung his nose.

 

“Ah, sorry about that,” Jongdae said, noticing the way Minseok was backing away. “You don’t like the smell of smoke, do you.”

 

“No, I don’t,” Minseok replied as he was still trying to figure out why Kim Jongdae was talking to him. “Um, not to sound rude or anything, but why exactly are you here?”

 

Jongdae remained silent as he continued to stare at the boy in front of him. Finally, he shrugged, and Minseok had to keep himself from scoffing.

 

“Don’t know. Felt like it, I suppose,” Jongdae said nonchalantly. “I realized we never really spoke before.”

 

“I don’t think we really had the reason to,” Minseok replied as politely as possible, picking up his bag to leave the room. “Did you have something you wanted to say?”

 

“Not particularly,” Jongdae said, and when Minseok walked forward to push past the boy, Jongdae side stepped to block the way. Minseok blinked in surprise and looked up to glare.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“I don’t smoke, by the way,” Jongdae stated, a small smile tugging on his lips. “My friends do, and I just hang around them.”

 

“I don’t really care,” Minseok shot, but when he moved to leave, Jongdae quickly blocked him once more. Sighing in frustration, he slammed his bag onto an empty table.

 

“What the do you want with me, Kim Jongdae?”

 

“A phone number would be nice.”

 

Minseok’s furious expression dropped immediately, and now he simply stared up at the boy in shock.

 

“You want my what?”

 

Jongdae smiled cheekily and swiftly took out his phone, offering it. “It’s not a big deal.”

 

Minseok gaped for a while before he felt his cheeks flush red at the pure audacity of the boy in front of him.

 

“ off, Jongdae. I’m not giving you my phone number,” Minseok cursed and this time successfully shoved the boy out of the way to reach the classroom door. Before he stepped out, however, he turned around to glare at Jongdae.

 

“By the way, next time you try to pull that stunt off, at least put in the effort to not be a ing douchebag.”

 

 

 

 

“Kim Jongdae did what?”

 

Minseok groaned at the horror-stricken look on Luhan’s face. He could hear Jongin and Baekhyun laughing hysterically in the side but decided to ignore it.

 

“Luhan, I am not going to repeat it again.”

 

“Oh my god. Oh my god. He asked for your phone number.” Luhan mumbled, shaking his head furiously, “I knew something was up with all the staring, but I didn’t think he would actually do it.”

 

“Did you give it to him?” Baekhyun leaned in with a wide, playful grin. Minseok turned to him and glared.

 

“No, of course not,” he deadpanned, “why should I?”

 

“Well, he is sort of hot,” Luhan stated with a shrug, and Minseok swiftly took his spoon and hit the boy’s head.

 

“He’s an idiot!” Minseok hissed. “And not to mention rude!”

 

“You talked to him a total of one time, Minseok,” Jongin drawled, but shut up at the menacing glare from the older.

 

“He’s hot,” Luhan repeated, ignoring Minseok’s glare turning to him. “No, seriously, listen to me. If Kim Jongdae’s interested, just go for it. You’re not going to get another chance like this.”

 

“I don’t want a hot boyfriend, Luhan. I want an at least semi-intelligent, caring boyfriend. Jongdae is not that,” Minseok grumbled as he shoved a large spoon of rice in his mouth.

 

“Don’t judge so fast. You don’t know him,” Luhan scolded. “Kim Jongdae doesn’t seem that bad.”

 

“He smells like smoke all the time, he makes stupid, lewd comments to all the young teachers, and he finds himself in detention at least three times a week. I think that counts as pretty bad.”

 

“He’s funny,” Luhan argued.

 

“He’s an idiotic ert,” Minseok retorted.

 

“Wow, Minseok, that’s awfully kind of you.”

 

Baekhyun and Jongin stifled laughters as Minseok turned red at the voice. Turning around, his frown deepened when he saw Jongdae peering down at him, lopsided grin screaming obnoxious, obnoxious, obnoxious.

 

“You’re welcome,” Minseok shot back in reply. “Maybe you should refrain yourself from listening to other people’s conversations from now on.”

 

“But that wouldn’t be any fun, would it,” Jongdae shook his head, allowing his bangs to fall back on top of his eyes. “I was going to ask if you changed your mind about the phone number, but I guess you didn’t.”

 

“How did you guess?” Minseok deadpanned. Jongdae merely smiled widely and reached down to ruffle Minseok’s neatly combed hair.

 

“See you around.”

 

“Don’t touch me, Kim Jongdae!” Minseok roared, but Jongdae was already out of view. Huffing in anger, he slammed his fist down on the table and faced his friends. The three were wearing equally large grins.

 

“Awwwwwwww,” Luhan cooed, swaying back and forth. “Young love!”

 

“Shut up, Luhan.”

 

“I definitely see potential,” Baekhyun pointed his chopsticks towards Minseok. “Keep up the good work, soldier.”

 

“I hate you guys,” Minseok stated before he stood up, sent everyone one last glare, and stomped out of the cafeteria before he could hear a burst of loud, despicable laughter.

 

 

 

 

 

“Good morning.”

 

Minseok lifted his eyebrows and stared at the boy grinning down at him.

 

“Uh, good morning?” He asked in confusion. He had thought whatever strange interest Jongdae had in him was going to end soon, but even after a week of persistent chasing, the boy still came back for more. It was absolutely baffling.

 

Jongdae’s grin widened, face brightening at the fact that Minseok was replying. “You have physics first period, right?” he asked, “my class is on the way. Let’s go together.”

 

“I can’t,” Minseok said with a sigh, taking a small step back. He saw Jongdae’s grin immediately drop. “I told Baekhyun I was going to meet with him before the first bell.”

 

“I can wait for you,” Jongdae offered, glancing down quickly at the time on his phone. “We still have over ten minutes.”

 

Minseok squirmed slightly on his feet. “Look, Jongdae. I don’t know what you want with me, but like I told you a hundred times, I’m not interested.”

 

“I just wanted to get to know you,” Jongdae argued.

 

I don’t want to,” Minseok retorted, tone harsher than before. “Just leave me alone-”

 

“Is it because I apparently smoke?” Jongdae said, and Minseok watched as the boy’s expression turned from sad to pissed off. “Or is it because I sleep with anyone I lay my eyes on? Get into detention nearly everyday? Sleep with the teachers for a grade? Beat up all the juniors who annoy me? Which one is it, Minseok, or is it all of them?”

 

Minseok stood in silence, before saying quietly. “You seem to know exactly why I dislike you. Why ask?”

 

Jongdae’s let out a small, airy breath, and he shook his head slowly. He glanced at Minseok before pushing past him, walking down the empty hallway with heavy footsteps. Minseok finally let out the breath he was holding, relaxing visibly.

 

“That was mean.”

 

Minseok looked up to see Baekhyun in front of him, chin pointed up and a disapproving frown on his face.

 

“It’s none of your business,” Minseok snapped, hurrying down to his classroom. He heard Baekhyun fasten his own pace.

 

“You shouldn’t judge him before you know him yourself,” Baekhyun continued, “you’re friends with the Kim Jongin, after all, and everyone thinks he’s either the biggest in the universe or an arrogant bully.”

 

“Why can’t anyone just accept the simple fact that I don’t want to know Kim Jongdae? Why should I put in the effort to talk to him and learn his true character? If he’s a , then fine. If he isn’t, then that’s fine too. It shouldn’t matter because he has nothing to do with me.”

 

He heard Baekhyun stop abruptly, and looked back to see the boy give him a dark look.

 

“You know there’s nothing worse than prejudice,” Baekhyun shot, “the world’s full of it, and unfortunately, we’re all at the end of one of biggest ones out there just because of who we are. Don’t you dare use society’s biggest weapon against someone who doesn’t deserve it.”

 

Baekhyun spun around and stomped away, just the way Jongdae had moments ago. Staring at his friend’s back in silence, Minseok let out a sigh and stepped into the classroom.

 

 

 


 

Minseok panted loudly as he skid into a stop, leaning down to rest his hands on his knees. He absolutely despised gym class, and watched in disgust as he saw Luhan run around the soccer field with a large smile plastered on his face. He made a point to give him the middle finger when Luhan turned slightly to wave at him.

 

“Careful there. You’re being a horrible example to all the youngsters.”

 

Minseok spun around and faced Jongin who was standing right behind him, looking down at him with a knowing look.

 

“What are you doing here?” Minseok asked with a frown. “Shouldn’t you be in math? This is second year period.”

 

“Skipped,” Jongin replied with a shrug as he walked up to the grassy hill right beside the field, plopping down on the grass. He pat the seat next to him, and Minseok slowly dragged his body up to sit down.

 

“Don’t skip class, Jongin,” Minseok scolded, wiping the sweat off his forehead with a loud huff. “You’re going to get caught.”

 

“You’re acting the responsible senior role now, Minseok? Don’t you think it’s a bit late?” Jongin said with a cheeky grin, and Minseok gave him a pointed look before shoving him to the side.

 

“.”

 

“I’d say something back, but I spent all my energy arguing with Baek this morning.”

 

“Jackass,” Minseok said with a definite nod and ignored the way the younger rolled his eyes.

 

“Seriously, though. What are you doing here?”

 

“I wanted to check something,” Jongin said and leaned forward, narrowing his eyes at the field. He then grinned and leaned backward, pointing at something across the large grassy field with his chin.

 

“There.”

 

Minseok turned his head to follow Jongin’s gaze and paused at the sight of Jongdae, who was standing still in the midst of sweaty, running boys. The boy had his eyes narrowed slightly and fixed on him. Minseok noticed the way Jongdae’s white gym shirt stuck to his body from all the sweat, and the way his black, messy hair was slicked up to reveal his forehead. Gulping, he tore his eyes away and faced Jongin’s smirk.

 

“I must admit,” Jongin said quietly, “he looks hot.”

 

“I’m telling Kyungsoo,” Minseok deadpanned. “I’m serious. I’m going to hunt him down and tell him what you said word by word. “

 

“Don’t be mean, Minseok,” Jongin thumped Minseok’s shoulders. “Anyways, what’s exactly going on between you and him?”

 

Minseok groaned loudly, his hair. “I don’t even know. He didn’t know I even existed and then bam, he starts talking to me. He asked for my number thirty seconds after we talked for the first time. What a freak.”

 

“Well, I don’t know about before, but he definitely notices you now,” Jongin said and straightened up, leaning towards Minseok. “Watch this, and please, for the love of God, stay still.

 

Before Minseok could ask what exactly he was talking about, Jongin wrapped his arm around the boy’s waist, pulling him closer. He then leaned down and turned his head to place it centimeters away from the older’s lips, effectively blocking Jongdae’s vision. Minseok didn’t even have the time to shriek as Jongin wrapped his other hand around the boy’s neck, squeezing it.

 

“I said stay still,” Jongin muttered, “this is going to be ing eye-opening.”

 

Minseok placed his hand on the younger’s chest, about to push him away with a loud scream, when he heard a shout from afar and the sound of hurrying footsteps. Jongin tightened his grip on Minseok’s waist, grin widening. Minseok let out a whimper and tried to lean back when Jongin was suddenly yanked back and thrown onto the floor.

 

“Jongin!” Minseok yelled, scrambling to his feet. He looked up in surprise to see Jongdae glaring down at Jongin, hands tightened into fists.

 

“This isn’t the place for your disgusting PDA, first year,” Jongdae spat, “get the out, or I’m getting the teacher.”

 

Jongin was staring up at Jongdae, mouth twitching as if he was about to break out into a large grin. He slowly stood up, dusting his pants as he gave Minseok a small, apologetic nod.

 

“Sorry, sunbae,” Jongin said to Jongdae before turning around, giving Minseok’s arm a squeeze. “I’ll see you later.”

 

Minseok was in much too in shock to respond and watched in silence as Jongin walked off, steps awfully light and bouncy. He even swore he saw Luhan give the boy a large thumbs up.

 

Jongdae’s furious eyes switched to Minseok, and he, for the first time, was genuinely intimidated by the other.

 

“You would’ve saved both of us a lot of ing time if you had just told me you had a boyfriend,” Jongdae hissed, practically growling at Minseok.

 

Minseok’s eyes widened. “But- no, he’s not my boyfriend. Jongin was just joking around.”

 

“What kind of friends kiss each other?” Jongdae shot back. Minseok stared back in humiliation and chagrin, feeling angry himself at being attacked unfairly.

 

“Jongdae, I don’t know what your problem is but I’m not staying to deal with it,” Minseok choked out, taking a step back and turning to return to the locker room. He felt a hand grab his arm and yank him back, forcing him to turn back around.

 

“Let me go,” Minseok growled, narrowing his eyes and glaring at Jongdae’s equally angry eyes.

 

“I will if you stop being a and quit with the unfair prejudice,” Jongdae replied, tone hostile, “I never did a damn thing to you but you treat me like I’m the here. Tell me, if some other boy asked for your phone number, would you have treated him like he was lower than the dirt on your shoes?”

 

Minseok’s eyes widened and he stared back in surprise.

 

“All I asked for was a chance,” Jongdae continued, “you didn’t have to go ahead and ask your ‘friend’ to make out with you just to throw me off. Son of a .”

 

Jongdae roughly yanked his hand away, giving Minseok one last furious glare before stalking off. Minseok stood frozen in the spot, unable to do or say anything. He saw Luhan run towards him, a look of worry on his face.

 

“Are you alright?” Luhan said, placing his hands on Minseok’s shoulders. “Jongin, Baekhyun, and I wanted to check if Jongdae actually liked you, so I thought it’d be good to test his jealousy. I’m sorry, Minseok. I didn’t think he’d react this badly.”

 

Minseok met his friend’s eyes and slowly shook his hands off.

 

“It doesn’t matter, Luhan. It’s not like Jongdae means anything,” Minseok sighed. He turned away from Luhan’s worried eyes and walked off.

 

 

 

 


Xiuchen was heavily requested, so here you go :) 

Part two will be updated next, so you can look forward to that. 

I don't think this is what many of you expected. I always thought Jongdae had this 'bad boy' feel to him and thought I should go ahead and give him the image. 

First time I wrote a whole chapter on xiuchen. I feel like I accomplished something great :O

(by the way, this happens a year before Sehun arrives, so Minseok, Luhan, and Jongdae are second years, and Baekhyun&Jongin are first years)