Our Choices Part I

Apt. 34A

"Seunghoon stop!" 

Jiyong hyung ran into the room and pulled me off of the girl, dragging me back until he had my arms pinned behind me while a few of the other people were shuffling the stylist out of the room. 

Her head was down, her hair acting as a wall to cover the side of her face that I couldn't see. Breifly her eyes flashed over to me from the curtain of brown locks until she was dissapearing out of the room with a group of people behind her.

"What is wrong with you?!"

Jiyong turned me around until we were facing each other and his eyes were dark, his brows creased and he shoved me back until Seungyoon came up to grab my arm and keep me from falling down.

"Are you out of your mind?! Pushing girls around like that?!"

He looked so upset that my eyes actually widened when he lifted his hand up to smack me until Youngbae came into the room and grabbed his wrist when I flinched back.

"Jiyong-"

He looked at me with his teeth clenched and casted me a glance mixed with anger, dissapoinment and disgust before he shook Youngbae's hand off and stalked out of the room without a final word.

Youngbae sighed and watched him walk out before looking at me. "CEO Yang wants to see you,"

 

The room was silent, the TV set in the background playing an old interview of Epik High when they were talking to CNN about their role in Korean hip hop. I sat with my legs crossed at the desk, my hands in my lap as I looked down.

I didn't look up until I heard the door opening across the room and footsteps walking until the person was standing right in front of me behind the large black marble desk. 

"Seunghoon,"

My eyes caught the CEO's and his mouth was pressed into a straight line, his expression unreadable but it was clear that he was highly dissapointed when he finally took a seat at his desk and adjusted the hat on his head. From the looks of it, he was probably in the middle of a meeting, dressed in a white dress shirt and a skinny black tie. 

I gulped when he sighed then pinched the bridge of his nose before he rubbed it. 

"What were you thinking Seunghoon? Hmm, what gave you the right?"

He laid his hands out in front of him to fold them together while I gripped my thighs. "I wasn't thinking-"

"You're damn right!" he raised his voice and slammed his fist on the table making me jump. "You weren't thinking!"

"How dare you do that to her?! To someone that we are lucky enough to have that takes care of you and your fellow members at a moments notice? Someone who is at you and your members beck and call. Do you understand what kind of situation this puts us all in?!"

He stopped talking to take a deep breath and looked down at his desk before looking back up. "What if she decides to file a report on you, huh? An assault charge? How do you think people will look at you, WINNER or YG as a whole? She could go to the police or worse to the media!"

"I-I'm sorry CEO Hyu-"

"You're sorry?" he interrupted me.

He stood up from his desk and went around to take a seat on the edge while crossing his arms over his chest. "Lee Seunghoon," he shook his head and stared off to the wall of figurines behind me.

"Lee Seunghoon," he sighed. "Tell me why I shouldn't completely drop you from this group? Why shouldn't I put the entire group on a hiatus for your actions?"

I shouldn't have been shocked at what he said but I couldn't help the way my entire body tensed as he said those words and the harsh reality of what I had done that had put me in this position right now.

When he didn't say anything, I looked over at him but he still stared ahead as I took a deep breath and squeezed my thighs again. "I am deeply sorry to have troubled you and not only put myself in this position but you, our sunbaes, the entire company and my own team in jeopardy. I acted irrationally and without thought, my actions in no way are an excuse but none other than a silly way to act out on my aggression that I was having at the moment,"

I paused and looked down unsure if I should continue or not but did anyway. "I was under the impression that our stylist noona was stalking my apartment and my girlfriend, Kyungmi, I had reason to believe that she was the one that had done bodily harm to her and I reacted without evidence or any concrete proof and for that I am incredibly sorry,"

I got out of my seat and put my hands on my stomach as I made a full ninety degree bow to the CEO. When I straightened back up, his expression was a little off, like he didn't want to believe my apology and crossed his ankles,

"Someone has been stalking you?"

"T-That's what I believe Sir, someone was looking for me and Kyungmi was hurt in the process of trying to stop whatever was going to happen,"

He exhaled loudly and threw his arms up in the air before rubbing his hands down his face tiredly and shaking his head causing my stomach to fall even harder.

"Please leave now,"

I shouldn't have expected a response any differently honestly, I had completely disregarded the fact that I had no way to prove that it was the stylist who worked for us, other than the assumption that they both had piercings and the more I thought over the situation, the more I realized how horrible the entirety of it was.

I had not only assaulted one of the workers but I had not looked out for the repurcussions against the company and my own members. The unsettling feeling I had in my chest only made me bite my lip harder until I was blinking tears away from my eyes and nodding.

"Y-Yes Sir,"

I turned around on the heels of my feet and before I had a chance to pull the door back and leave, CEO Yang snapped his fingers and I turned around as he clicked his tongue.

"I'm going to get in contact with the stylist and work out some way that we can settle this without any damage being done and if we can settle this outside of any legal arraignments. We have too much riding on Epik High's performances, Big Bang's comeback and Winner's schedule as well as iKon's debut. Until then I'm going to release a statement to the press that you have taken some time to deal with medical issues. You need to find the woman and write a written apology and present it to her as well, if you come back your schedule will be packed; don't expect any breaks,"

I set my lips in a straight line and bowed ninety degrees again before turning around to open the door.

"And Seunghoon,"

My foot paused halfway outside the door when he called me.

"If you think of doing something like this again or if I see your name and face on any SNS then you can consider your position in this company terminated. I have plenty of trainees to take over at a moments notice,"

 

The walk back to my apartment, seemed to go on forever the longer and farther I walked through the city. I went pass the bus station and tightened my coat around myself as I continued on the street and ducked my head into my scarf. The mask that I was wearing and the sunglasses I had put on were doing their job of concealing me as people walked past me in a blur but I could care less about that at the moment. 

IF

That word rang loud and clear in my head, an uncertainty that I had lived with throughout my whole life. If I passed the audition, if I was going to join WINNER, if I was a good enough dancer, if my parents dissaproved, if we were going to win W.I.N. Thoughts of debuting, of meeting Kyungmi and having my best memories with her, of having a successful debut for it all to come down to one defining moment.

Now my own career was hanging in the balance because of my stupid decision, because of a stupid mistake. All the years of hardwork and everything I had ever wanted to be were now going to be decided by CEO Yang.

I crossed the bridge over the river, taking turns on random streets, going through alleyways and walking past neighborhoods until I realized that I had past by my apartment complex a long time ago and was now in a completely different part of the city.

When I finally stopped walking, I stared ahead at the water that was being overlooked from where I stood by the rail, the sun just beginning to set as it casted a hue of different colors across.

My members were the next thing I worried about, the position I had put all of them in now seemed all too much and I sunk my teeth into my bottom lip harder until I was drawing blood and could feel the cold copper taste slip onto my tongue.

I gripped onto the metal railing and fell down to my knees slightly as a set of painful sobs racked through my chest and I did nothing to hold them back as I cried to myself.

 

Kyungmi's POV

I finished editing a set of photo sets in the computer lab before easily sliding my phone out from beside the keyboard and turning the screen on. My screensaver of Seunghoon and I flashed before me and I unlocked the device and still there was nothing.

The past few days he had been nothing short of silent. He sent me a few cryptic messages like, 'Good morning,' 'Study hard,' 'Good night,' 'Have a good day,' 'I miss you,' but nothing like his usual messages.

After he had left me at my Uncle's a few days ago, he had been acting strange and almost distant. I didn't want to confront him about it out of nowhere partially because I had no idea what my reasoning would be, but because I assumed he would come to me if it was a serious problem.

He probably just needed time and I could give him that. Besides he could be tired from all his activites with the group anyway.

I shook my head and looked up just as the instructor turned around and tucked my phone right back beside the keyboard, grabbing the mouse and pretending to work on the computer as I let those thoughts sit in the back of my head for now.

 

Two weeks later...

"Yobosaeyo?" I answered on the third ring. I adjusted the book bag strap on my shoulder and tucked the phone between my ear and shoulder as I walked down the stairs and turned down the hall.

"Hey are you busy?"

I stopped walking and froze, my hand grabbing a hold of the edge of the railing as I pulled my phone away to look at the screen that had a picture of Seunghoon and smiled before lifting it back up.

"Um..I just have one more class for the day but after that I'll be free. Why?"

I left out the part about getting started on my portfolio and working on a script for my media class in favor of just listening to what he wanted to ask me. Homework could always wait.

"Oh, u-um I was just letting you know that I was going to swing by to see you but something came up, something important that I need to take care of so I can't. But tomorrow, if you want we can hang out?"

My face fell harder than I expected and I tried to hide the dissapointment in my voice by shaking my head and smiling instead. I guess homework wouldn't have to wait anymore.

"No," I sighed then chuckled. "Tomorrow will be great I have a lot of homework to catch up on anyways,"

I continued walking, my pace considerably slower than before as I went down the hallway and stopped before my classroom. Only about five students were inside and the lecture wouldn't start for another ten minutes.

I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes for a second before opening them at the sound of his voice. "Are you mad at me?"

"What?"

"Are you mad at me?" he asked again.

"No I mean I heard you, I'm just kind of shocked actually, why would I be mad at you? You have things to do and take care of, as do I. It's understandable, besides we'll see each other tomorrow, right?"

I felt a pause over the line and knew he had nodded even though I couldn't see him. I smirked to myself and shook my head. "I can't see you nod stupid,"

"Right," there was some shuffling around like he was moving before he sighed and I knew he had to go.

Students walked pass me as they started filing into the room and I grinned when one of the girls who sat next to me, smiled and waved.

"I have to go now,"

"I figured, text me later on when you're done? I really missed hearing you," I blushed but didn't have the means to take it back, I meant what I said, and it was all true. 

"I did too," he chuckled. "I'll just be at my place, so I'll talk to you later alright?"

"Okay, see ya,"

"Bye,"

We hung up and I slid my phone back into the pocket of my jeans before walking into class, I didn't comment on how off his voice sounded but again let it slip too.

 

Four hours later...

Seunghoon's POV

The doorbell buzzing made me jump as I poured two glasses of water in the kitchen. Quickly, I set the pitcher back into the fridge and brought the two glasses of water over to the kitchen island.

"Coming!"

I smoothed down the front of my shirt and ran a hand through my hair before turning around and walking over towards the door. I looked through the peephole just to make sure and after taking a deep breath, opened it widely with a smile on my face.

"Annyonghasaeyo, come in,"


Heyyyyy guys! I didn't keep you waiting long right? Well this is indeed a double update!!

But don't forget to tell me what you think of this chapter too, arasso?

Go read the chapter right after this