Chapter One

Stranded
Angela balanced the cake in her arms as she pushed open the glass doors with her foot.  She found this order to be particularly strange.  Usually, people would call a bakery for weddings, banquets, things of that sort, but this man, Choi Jonghyun, ordered her to bake one cake for a celebration.  Apparently, the dojo he taught taekwondo at won some sort of competition.

She placed the cake down on a table that had an assortment of other snacks, where she assumed it was to go.  She shivered a bit and wasn't able to shake the feeling that some one was watching her, but across the room stood Choi Jonghyun, who wasn't able to take his eyes off of her.

"What are you looking at?" the boy's friend, Niel, asked, following his gaze.  "Oh, that girl?  You should go talk to her."

"What? No!" Jonghyun protested, "I was just-it's the cake!  It looks good."

"Sure," Niel laughed, not buying a word of Jonghyun's excuse, "Changjo, your such a coward.  No wonder you've never had a girlfriend."

"I'm not a coward!" Jonghyun argued in his defense, "I could easily get her number!"

"Prove it."

 

Excepting the challenge, Jonghyun approached the girl by the table.  He could feel his palms sweating.  He stood next to her, unsure of what to say or do.

"Can I help you?" she spoke up awkwardly.

"Oh, uh-yes," he stammered.  She stared at him blankly, waiting for him to continue, "Did you fall from heaven, because you taekwondo?"

"What?"

"I mean," he mentally slapped himself, "Did it hurt when your body is kicking?"

"Excuse me?" she chuckled slightly, "Are you flirting with me?"

"I'm trying to," he admitted with a weak smile, "Is it working?"

"Not really," she laughed, "But keep trying."

"Excuse me," the conversation was interrupted by a little girl in a karate uniform pulling at the leg of Jonghyun's pants.

"Mr. Choi, is this lady your girlfriend?" she asked him.

"Not yet," he looked to her and winked.

Holy crap, that was the stupidest thing I've ever said, Jonghyun scolded himself.

 

"Oh?" Angela giggled, "Do you have your phone with you?"

"Yes?" he took his phone out of his back pocket. "Why?"

But before she answered him, she took his phone from his hand and begin entering something in the keyboard.  She smiled brightly and handed it back to him.

"Call me if you ever need another cake," she beamed as she turned to walk away.

Looking down at his phone, he found that the girl, Angela, had saved her number into his contact list.

"It worked?" he said quietly, "Well damn..."

"What does damn mean?" the little girl asked with her head cocked to the side.

"Oh-uh, let's just have cake," he changed the subject and slicing the cake.

 

 

Two years after that, Angela was entering the same dojo, but this time to pay her boyfriend a visit.  She walked inside to see that all of his students had left and Jonghyun was drinking from the water fountain.

"Oh," he smiled, noticing Angela by the door, "Alright let's go."

He walked to her side and took her hand in his.  As they entered the parking lot, a little stand by the door caught Angela's eye.  She read the poster above a box with a small slit on the top.  The flyer read:

Enter Raffle!

 

Fill out the form below for the cahnce to win a free voyage upon the Royal Carribeans Cruise line!!!

Please, one entry per contestant.

 

 

"Changjo!" she cheered, "Let's enter!"

"I doubt it's real, but, why not," he agreed and took an entry slip.

Taking a pen from the cup on the stand, Angela filled out a slip of her own.  A lightbulb sparked in her head, and she got the bright idea to fill out the last of the slips as well.  For five minutes, her and Changjo filled out what must have been roughly fifty of the entry forms.

"There's no way we can lose now!"

 

A few days later, Angela reciaved a call from an unknown number.  Due to her curiousity, she acceppted the call.

"Yebeoseyo?"

"Hello," an automated voice spoke through the phone, "Congratualtions!  You and one other person of your choice are the lucky winners of the Royal Carribean raffle contest!  Be ready to board the cruise in two weeks!"

The call ended and she couldn't help but laugh from excitement.

"What was it?" Jonghyun called to her from the sofa.

"We won that raffle!" she cheered.

"Really?"

"Yes!"

 

In no time, the two of them of them were packed and ready to begin their adventure on the cruise.

"The cruise goes to Jamaica!" Jonghyun squealed.

"This is going to be so awesome!"  Angela yelped as she jumped onto her boyfriend.

He laughed as he walked forward, holding their luggage in his arms and Angela on his back.  They both were uncontrollabley giddy as they headed up the ramp to board the ship.  Unfortunately, their happiness was cut short when a group of three girls approached them.

"Your laugh is annoying," the one in the middle said.  She turned her attention to Jonghyun, staring him up and down, "But your boyfriend's hot."

This wasn't the first time some girl has called Jonghyun out of Angela's league and began to flirt with him right in front of her.  And she was fed up with it.  It was pitiful, honestly.

"He would never like a girl like you anyways," Angela burst, "He prefers girls who aren't total s."

"Excuse me?" she scoffed.  The smaller girl beside her giggled, but was immediately silenced when she recieved a cold glare from the one who had spoken.

"You're so plastic that you make Barbie look real," Angela rolled her eyes, "Who even walks around wearing what you are?  That tank top is so tiny, your s, which are obviously fake, are basically popping out of your shirt!"

"Did you just hear what your girlfriend just said to me?" she complained to Changjo.

"I did," he smiled, "And I competely agree with it."

He turned his head to kiss Angela's cheek.  The girl just grimaced and scurried away, obviously embarrassed that she had lost the little arguement.  Her two friends followed closely behind her.

"What a great way to start our vacation," he clucked his tongue.

"Let's just check in and get settled down," Angela sighed, resting her head on his shoulder.

At the front desk, the bell boy took their luggage and directed them to follow him to their room.  Hand in hand, Angela and Changjo followed behind the employee.  Angela grew calming as she realised just how serene the cruise was.

She breathed deeply, taking in the fresh scent of the ocean breeze and listened to the squaking of the seagulls above them.  But her trance was broken by the sound of screaming.

"RUN!!!!" She heard a girl shout.

Not one second later did a girl in a waitress uniform speed by them, and behind her, was a tall, clumsy boy, attempting to chase after her, but he was basically tripping over his own feet.

"There's never a dull moment on this ship is there?" Changjo joked.

 

 

The next night, as Angela and Changjo had begun to settle in bed, there was a siren that rang over the intercome.  A recorded voice proclained, "Warning!  Please proceed to the life boats in an orderly fashion!"

The message repeated and Angela began to panic.  "The ship is sinking!!!!!" she screamed.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!!!!!" Changjo took her hand and ran down the hallway, searching for the nearest life boat along the side of the ship. 

Luckily, there was one, only occupied by what seemed like two other couples.  Neither of which seemed too welcoming.  On one side of the life boat was a boy and a girl.  The boy was practically screaming in a panic as the girl rubbed his shoulders in attempt to calm him down.  Also, there was one girl sitting alone, burrying her face in her knees.  Next to her was another couple, both the girl and the boy were stuffing food down their shirts.

Wait a second...

"Kara!!!" Angela shouted, sitting in the boat beside the girl stuffing pastries in her jacket.

"Angela?" she said back.

Before they could continue their conversation, they heard screaming.  Two boys were running to the life boat.  As they jumped on, fearing their dear life, the boy from earlier who was having a panic attack, slammed his hand down on the big red button.  With that, the life boat of  seven people dropped into the ocean.  they all screamed as they fell to the water, but over their shrieks, they heard the intercome of the ship switch on...