Book 1

It's Always You

“Yah Kim Taeyeon! You forgot your lunch box!” Taeyeon run back into the house and took her lunch box from her mother. “Thanks eomma.. Bye!” She give her mother a quick peck on the cheek.

Kim Taeyeon, the bubbly, 18 years old who are friendly and love to be friends with anyone, everyone. She walking into the hallway in school building. “Hey Tae!” One of her best friends, Sunny. “Why you being so late? Mr Wu will definitely will kill us if we late!” Taeyeon shakes her head. “I’m not that late Sunny. We still have time. Let’s go!” She quickly pulls Sunny’s wrist and runs into they class.

They lucky cause Mr Wu still didn’t come into the class yet. Once they steps into the class, Taeyeon’s eyes immediately found the tall girl who are mystery. Choi Sooyoung. They call her, Scary. Taeyeon feels weird. Why would they call her Scary? She shrugs her shoulders and sits on her chair.

….

SLAM!

“Yah! What do you want pabo?”

“Gosh Taeyeon. What do you think? We come here to meet you. Not slamming this stupid damn locker.”

Taeyeon rolls her eyes. “My locker is not stupid Hyo. Stop disturbing me will you?” She close her locker but before she can walk, Hyoyeon blocking her way. “Dude, I didn’t even have a chance to talk to you. Here’s the deal, I still hate you. Why? Cause everyone in this campus like you. Even my own boyfriend. Let me rephrase that. MY OWN BOYFRIEND.”

“So? Why do I care? I didn’t ask them to like me. To be my fans. They the one who want to like me. Just please, don’t blame me because your boyfriend like me.”

“You bi—“ Before Hyoyeon can punch Taeyeon, someone already hold her wrist. “Wha—“ Before Hyoyeon can say anything, she was gulping. “Sorry for interrupting your business.” Taeyeon was closing her eyes but when she didn’t feels anything, she slowly open her eyes and saw Sooyoung. “I d-didn’t d-do anything!” With that, Hyoyeon and her friends run away.

Taeyeon trying to open to say thank you but Sooyoung start to open first. “Don’t say anything. They just a freak that’s all.” With that, the tall girl walks away. Taeyeon had a feelings that, she need to know more about that tall girl. Why people call her Scary and so on.

….

Taeyeon was home and no one was there. She just shrugs and go to change her clothes. She throw herself on the couch at living room while thinking about what happened today at campus. Who is she? She whisper softly to herself.

….

The usual day, the normal day for Kim Taeyeon. But maybe, today is the new day for Taeyeon. Her plan is, she want to be Sooyoung’s friend.

“Psst! What are you up to?” Taeyeon was been daydreaming. For a first time. Her friend Sunny never seen her like this. “What’s wrong with you? You never daydreaming like this.” Taeyeon thinking something. “Sunny, do you know anything or something about that girl name Choi Sooyoung?”

Sunny almost chocking. “Who? What? Why so sudden Taeng!?” Taeyeon shrugs off. “I just want to know. And I thought that I could be her friend?” Sunny coughs softly. “Are you crazy? Didn’t you heard anything about her rumors?” Taeyeon blinks. “What rumors?” Sunny rubs her temple. “Seems like you don’t. What I know about her that, she never smiling. She just want to be alone. She doesn’t like to be friend with anyone. And about the rumors, the rumors saying that since her mother passed away she always got beaten by her father. That’s what rumors say.”

Taeyeon remembered something. There’s some bruise on Sooyoung’s right hand when she hold Hyoyeon’s wrist. Maybe it’s not rumors but true? She think and shakes her head. She try to deny that is not true. “Is that all?” Sunny think for awhile. She nods. ”Well, yup. That’s all the rumors. Why?”

….

After class ended, Taeyeon was remember what have Sunny told her. “Hey Sunny, I need to go somewhere first. You can go home first okay?” “W-where you going?” Taeyeon just smiles and walks out from the campus. She have been following Sooyoung all the time after the class. She keep following like someone who want to murder Sooyoung. Once Sooyoung arrive at her house, Taeyeon was shocked.

She didn’t know that Sooyoung was from a rich family. And no one know about that. But she still curious about the bruise. And the rumors Sunny was talked about.

….

“Welcome back Miss Sooyoung.” The maids greeting while bowing. Sooyoung smiles softly and nods her head. “No need to be formal with me. I’m fine.” She looks around the mansion. “Where’s appa?” She ask slowly. No one answer her. Mr Choi, her father was a CEO of Brem Mall and a nice and great man.

But, after her mother passed away. Her father keep mad and even drunk. He keep hit his own daughter.

Before Sooyoung can move forward, her father was waiting for her at the stairs. She look up at her father while biting her lower lips. Pray that her father won’t hit her. But she was wrong.

….

“APPA! IT’S HURT!”

“Where have you been!? Why it take you so long to come back!?”

Her father keep hitting her with his long and thick belt. After few minutes, finally he stop. “Why your mother had to passed away? It’s all your fault!” With that words, he walks out from her bedroom. She keep crying and shouting that she was hurt.

Why her father keep blaming her? That’s what she thought everyday.