Chapter 2

The Hitman : WooGyu


Friday Morning: The day of Mr. Kim's assassination.

 

Woohyun woke up early to prepare himself. All the things he needed was double-checked and packed up neatly in his backpack the night before. He went down to the kitchen to cook some breakfast for himself and Sungyeol. Speaking of which, Woohyun checked his phone for the event that alarmed this morning, he smiled as he read.

Sungyeollie’s Birthday

He smiled and made a mental note that later, they're going to celebrate, not because of the successful assassination (Yes, he had no doubt it would be successful), but because it was Sungyeol's twenty first birth day – it seemed like the birthday boy upstairs forgot all about it since he hasn’t gotten up yet.  

He typed down a reminder on his phone to buy a birthday cake for tonight's celebration

What else?

He tapped the phone on his lips thinking of a good surprise.

How about balloons?

Would he like balloons?...Nah...

Party poppers?

Should I buy him a gift? The latest RC car?

Sheesh why does that kid like expensive toys!

He was too busy planning the event that he didn't notice the birthday boy was already in the kitchen with him staring at his weird smiling face.

"Can I know why’re you smiling like an idiot?" Sungyeol asked, making Woohyun almost drop his phone in shock "Scared ya~".

"Seriously, I nearly threw my phone at you! Stop being creepy!"  Woohyun clutched his chest and sighed heavily

"And you're supposed to be the hitman between the two of us yet I can still scare you like this" The younger retorted

Woohyun scoffed, "You ungrateful brat! I'm letting you stay in my house for free in case you've forgotten."

"Thank you so much, you're an angel." Sungyeol answered nonchalantly wheeling himself to the table.

"I can really throw you out you know." Woohyun muttered taking his seat in front of the younger.

"You wouldn't have the heart to do that. You love me too much"

"Heol"

"Don't be shy. By the way, here's the activity of Mr. Kim for today" Sungyeol handed out a piece of paper "His flight is exactly four-thirty in the afternoon, so the assassination can take place at around three because he needs to finish some of his work before taking a leave for the conference"

Woohyun took the paper without reading and placed it in his pocket. No matter how big of a brat Sungyeol can be, he still was the best in his field, very reliable.  It would look like Sungyeol was the one relying on him but in reality it was otherwise. He relies on him too much. He trusted him the most.

They both ate their breakfast happily (Noisily actually, consisting of a lot of bickerings over very little unreasonable things). Sungyeol said he wanted a pet monkey as a birthday gift. He said he wanted the monkey to do his chores for him - This was by far the craziest idea Sungyeol had ever come up with and Woohyun wasn’t going to buy him one no matter how badly the younger wanted it.

He'll grew tired of it after a couple of hours was Woohyun’s thought as he watched and laughed at Sungyeol imitating a monkey while eating his breakfast.

 

"Put this wireless earphone so that I can help you with your mission okay?" Sungyeol handed an ear piece over to Woohyun. "Good luck Woo hyung! Fighting!" Sungyeol made a fist excitedly and Woohyun just nodded before walking away and taking the keys of his black motorcycle.


 

2:00 PM: One hour before the assassination.

 

Mr. Kim finished some of his work before going home to take his things for the conference. Woohyun followed him to his house and waited near the place in stealth mode. Just what he expected, the place was surrounded with numbers of cameras for security. He smirked at his own expectations and waited for his target to come out of the house.

His in-ear suddenly made a low beeping sound. He sighed and pressed the small button on the side.

"Yeah?"

"Hyung, I  just want to inform you that there's a road in that place where I already hacked the cameras, it’s after the bridge so it’s an open space for you"

"Okay, I'll go and take a spot after the bridge, track Mr. Kim down, make sure he's the one riding the car, Thanks!"

"Roger that!" Sungyeol ended the call.

Woohyun took one last look at the house before riding his motorcycle. As soon as he arrived at the best spot for the mission, he quickly set his things up - A long range silencer is the best way to shoot a moving target, he grinned as he loaded the sinful thing.

 

2:45 PM: Fifteen minutes before the target time.

 

Woohyun waited for Sungyeol's call patiently while checking and re-checking his things. He still had fifteen minutes but based on his research the old man was overly punctual.

He’d arrive earlier than expected. 

He muttered grinning while staring at the road in front of him. His in-ear beeped again. He immediately stood up and dusted his pants.

"Hyung,” Sungyeol’s voice came. “Mr. Kim will arrive at your place at exactly ten seconds" Sungyeol updated him by counting "Ten, nine, eight, seven.." Woohyun settled his finger on the trigger. The job will be finished in “...Six, five, four…”

The target black car was seen going towards his place, he counted in his mind while biting his lower lip ‘Three, two, one..' He pulled the trigger "Zero".

The bullet went straight to one of the tires in front. The car then went crazy, the straight drive turned into a zigzag and Woohyun just watched it with a smirk plastered on his face. But the mission wasn’t finished yet. Woohyun ran towards the middle of the road, he took out a gun and pointed it at the back of the moving vehicle "...And there!" He pulled the trigger and shot the two tires at the back. The car crashed at the barricade that blocks a cliff. Woohyun walked towards the car and shot the area where he knew the gas tank was, the gasoline immediately leaked out and crawled to the ground

"Let’s see..After thirty seconds the car will explode, mission completed" Woohyun looked at his wristwatch and smiled.

"May you rest in peace Prime Minister Mr. Kim"

He bowed ninety degree and walked away, counting in his mind ‘Seventeen, sixteen, fifteen’

"Help"

A shout of help behind him made him stop on his track, he slowly looked back and saw a bloody figure crawling in all four away from the car

What the ?!

Woohyun was shocked, he never thought someone would survive in that car crash, he stepped backward as the bloody figure crawled towards him, then he remembered the time he was counting seconds ago, Woohyun's eyes darted back to the car and widened,

"Oh !"

The car exploded and the impact tossed Woohyun and the figure far away from the now burning car. Woohyun winced as he gathered himself up. He got some bruises and a few big scratches but nothing detrimental. He saw the figure not too far away from him, its head must’ve hit the ground based on the pool of blood under it.

Woohyun adjusted his mask before standing up and walking towards the figure with the gun in his hand – He was ready to eliminate the witness if ever it was still alive. He stopped in front of the body and aimed his gun but his legs went weak and he fell down, hands in each side of the figures head, their faces just merely inches apart.

Woohyun came face to face with the man. He scrunched is eyebrows, the man seemed familiar, he just couldn’t remember where he saw him. He stared down at the beautiful brown orbs – His breath hitched as some kind of current came running through his veins making his heart beat fast and hard in his chest. A tear fell from the man’s eyes and Woohyun felt a pang of guilt

"Woohyun! Woohyun!" Sungyeol's voice distracted him "You need to get out of there! The police are coming!"

Woohyun nodded and flinched from the pain as he tried to get up. Once he was standing, he looked at the still breathing body that was lying on the ground, his mind was telling him to leave the man behind but his heart was telling him the opposite.

What the is wrong with me?!

Woohyun was now caught in the middle and he hated it! So he did what a leader of The Origin’s Special Unit wasn’t supposed to do , something that violated all the rules he created and lifted the body. He placed the man on his back and carried him to the place where he set his things up. Once they got to the place, Woohyun took all his things, leaving no traces behind. He put on his helmet on to the man's head and placed the body in front of him in his motorcycle. After all things were done, he drove away from the scene.


 

Sungyeol wanted to pull his own hair out while waiting for Woohyun to reach home. It was already seven in the evening and the news on the T.V was not helping him to relax. This was so un-Woohyun-like. His heart almost jumped out of his chest when he heard the front door unlocked, he excitedly controlled his wheel and led it to the door to meet Woohyun.

"Woo hyung! You got me – Who is that?" Sungyeol stopped and stared at the body that Woohyun was carrying.

"Sungyeol! Call the twins!" Woohyun limped towards the stairs and took a slow step upward readjusting the position of the man on his back. Sungyeol stared at his friend for a moment before getting his phone and dialing the twins.

Hiking the stairs wasn't an easy job considering the injuries he had. He reached the second floor heaving and gasping for breath. He immediately kicked the guest room's door open and laid the body gently on the bed not caring whether the bloodied man was soiling the immaculate white sheets. Not minding his own injuries, he quickly went to the bathroom and took some towels. While waiting for the twins he ordered Sungyeol to call, he decided to clean the man off his own blood. He gently lifted the man’s head and placed a clean towel under it; he then dipped the other towel in the basin with lukewarm water and cleaned its face with all gentleness. Once the man’s face was all clean he took his time to scan the features of the man.

The thumping that inside his chest became harder making him shake his head.

Why am I doing this?


[A/N] Hello everyone! Because its Sungyeol's birthday, I decided to update all my story today ^^ Hope you'll like it though! Thanks for subscribing to my stories and to my other stories. Also I wanted to say sorry if I couldn't update that much, busy from school and coping up to busy schedules, I'm not having enough time to type all the chapters. So bear with me for a little moment, Thank you!.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAREST PRINCE LEE SUNGYEOL! #24thYeolDay