Saving MAMA - 2

Walking on a Bridge of Delusions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

 

 

Saving MAMA 02
[EXO/OT12]

 

 




Sehun knew he was asking for trouble. He wasn't supposed to be out of dorms at this time, and he refused to find out what Exodus would do if he was caught. He tiptoed down the dim hallway biting his lips, feeling his guts tighten inside. As the youngest Exon of the six, Sehun was eager to learn and absorb as much as he could about his element, the wind. It had only been about a year since his arrival at Exodus and there was only so much - and Sehun hereby bitterly quotes one of the professors - he was capable of. 

The thought was at his nerves again. Sehun unconsciously snorted, jolting at the small noise he made himself, looking around in anxious haste. To his relief, silence was his only reply. Sehun was now guided by the light shimmering from the portal that led to the entrance of the Exodome.

Exodome's actual location was God knows where. Sehun suddenly remembered D.O saying that it was a virtual stadium. Sehun didn't think so. Everything was too tangible, even for the unrevealed technology of the twenty-second century. A black lump of his shadow darkened his surroundings as Sehun cautiously approached the portal. Sehun was breaking The Rule #5: Do not enter the Exodome unless you are appointed. He shut his eyes before stepping his foot inside the tube, and in a matter of seconds found himself looking up at the intimidatingly tall and shiny glass door that he had opened just earlier that afternoon with Suho, Kris, and Luhan for his Final Assessment. 

The Final Assessment. It was the reason responsible for Sehun leaving the dorm and creeping into the Exodom at this hour of night. He had failed to find a Xem, which meant that he had to wait another full year before learning to 'summon'. The how-to on calling the strong winds, the basics of all basics. Sehun disheveled the back of his head in annoyance. They might as well put him through endless hours of pointless history lectures, because Sehun wasn't going to have any of it. 

Sehun pushed open the glass door, quickly walking across the monitoring area filled with weird machines, computers and other virtual devices. Sehun hadn't noticed how big it was with all the white coated scientists occupying the space until now. The soft whirring noises of the machines and the flickering of the monitors somehow calmed Sehun's thumping heart.

He had carefully planned this out. The site would be as how Lay and D.O left it (not completely back to greens but decent enough for Sehun to dig through). Sehun would find a Xem, leave the dome through the exit portal, and he would be back in his bed safe and sound just in time for Suho to wake him up in the morning. Going over the plan for the bazillionth time in his head, Sehun reached to open the second set of doors when a faint murmurings and footsteps were heard from a distance.

Sehun froze, all of his senses suddenly perking up. The talking and the footsteps were getting louder. Whoever they were, they were headed this way. Sehun helplessly looked around, discovering a small door by the wall not so far from him. Praying for it to be open, Sehun lunged himself over and turned the knob. With a small click the door opened, revealing the most obsolete and strangest sight of a room Sehun had ever been in. 

The walls were covered with maps and posters of all size and variety. World maps, region maps, travel maps, satellite maps, geographic maps of climate, topography, mountains, and rainfalls were only half of the maps Sehun could make out. The posters had different pictures of rocks, which Sehun later realized were Xems, and also consisted of many images that seemed to be mythical symbols. Sehun managed to avert his eyes from the walls and found a large wooden table in the middle of the room. Aside from the gigantic globe, the table was a mess. It was cluttered with what seemed like calendears (Sehun was surprised to see that paper calendars were still in use nowadays), books, scientific devices, and mostly scrolls scribbled in Korea, Chinese and English. Before Sehun could observe any further, he was disturbed by the sound of low conversation approaching the room.

 

"."

 

Sehun cussed under his breath, resenting God, Buddah, Allah or whoever it was that was watching him from above in amusement. The doorknob was starting to turn. With sweat forming under his brown bangs, Sehun hastily stretched out his right arm towards the door. He called forth just the amount of wind to keep the door from opening, until he found a storage cabinet to hide in.

 

"Why won't this stupid door open?!" 

 

A sharp voice pierced through the air. Through the tiny crack between the cabinet doors, Sehun could see two bodies staggering into the room. Sehun held his breath, and the wind stopped abruptly as papers fluttered down to the floor. The one with the sharp voice had blond hair reaching down to his neck. Sehun was unsure at first if he was a man or a woman, for the smooth feminine features of his pale face and every movement of his slim body gave out a soft and grace vibe - even to his long skinny fingertips. But his eyes. They were something else. Something about the man's eyes caused the hairs of Sehun's arms to stand up. His catty glare was sharper than his voice, and Sehun wondered if he had the power to see through storage cabinets. 

 

"The door was just stuck, Heechul. Where do you want me to put these?"

 

The taller man calmly reassured the suspicious blond. He shrugged his broad shoulders, referring to a leather pouch and a rather thick book in his hands. It was Siwon, Sehun recognized, the professor that had crushed Sehun's ego. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter