Saving MAMA - 1

Walking on a Bridge of Delusions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The entire village was up in flames. The flaring waves engulfed the pitiful site of what was once a home to an innocent family, bending its brim around the walls mercilessly and flashing of angry vermillion. A trunk of an incinerated tree crashed to the ground and sent a handful of sparks to Kris' smooth white face. Kris carelessly brushed them off and glared at the menacing fire. It was raging, determined to scorch everything it touched into ashes. 

Kris' eyebrows twitched. He knew he had to stop it now. He already too much time simulating the battle, which he knew was stupid. These kinds of fights never went according to plan. Despite the roaring of the fire, Kris could hear his own heart pounding. He closed his eyes, feeling his pulse rise at an abnormal level of speed and rythm. His blood travelled up his veins with a sudden fluctuating rush. The chills and burns that tortured his back were always unberable, and soft grunts escaped through Kris' gritted teeth.

The fire roared again, gulping down the last bit of proof and history. Kris opened his eyes to reveal a pair of red iris, reflecting the blaze that threatened Kris' tall and broad stature. With an unknowing smirk, Kris charged into the sea of red flames. He leaped fifty feet above the grounds, soaring through the blaze with his firewings.

Fierce as a dragon.

 

 

 

 

Saving MAMA 01
[EXO/OT12]

 

 




“That was brutal.” 



Luhan groaned, signing his name under Kris’ on an official looking paper titled [Final Assessment: Forest Fire]. It was three hours after and they were finally given instructions to stop.



“I had to move so much burnt and everything was heavy as hell.”


“It was our last assessment of this term, could've been worse.”



Kris replied flatly. He rubbed the palm of his hands against his jeans, which was damp with sweat contradicting his cool emotionless face. Luhan gave him an annoyed look before saying,



“Oh shut up, your face has ‘I almost pissed my pants’ written all over it.”



Kris stopped in his tracks to let a man covered entirely in a white gown, a white mask, and white gloves unpin his locator and earpiece, and the masked man took a symbol-carved stone out of Kris' grip.

Piss my pants? Kris’ eyebrows twitched, causing three lines to carve between his eyes.

Kris wasn’t exactly the bright kind, as Luhan once said. He never spoke much, much less expressed his feelings. Only a mild twitch of his eyebrows was the most one could get -  if luck followed.  So it wasn’t exactly a wonder why no one ever knew what Kris was thinking or feeling.

Except Luhan. Kris had no idea how, but Luhan could read him like a book.



“At least hyungs found a Xem.”



Sehun’s dispirited voice saved Kris from having to retort back to Luhan, because truthfully, Kris had nothing. Another man in white searched Sehun’s pockets for the said stone, a Xem, and left barehanded after shooting him a disapproving look.



“This is so unfair! Do you know how difficult it is to move at all while holding the winds back?! I should be excused from looking for a Xem!” 



Sehun cried out miserably then shortly after added,

 

“I can’t afford another B. I need straight As if I want to take Introduction to Summoning.” 


“The only way to make up for that is to attend that painfully boring lecture on the history of Xems. I feel for ya, buddy.” 



The rest turned around and saw Suho smile faintly from behind them. He looked exhausted, ready to pass out at any moment. And he had every excuse; Suho probably drained ninety-nine percent of his energy and power to form water particles in that incredibly hot and dry environment. The real victim of this ridiculous assessment was probably Suho.



“God, look at this place.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter