3

Into Your World

Chapter Three.

Kyuhee and Sulli barely got to class on time. Most of their classmates were already seated and were waiting the arrival of their teacher. They immediately went to their seats and just as they sat down, their teacher finally arrived.

The day’s lesson proceeded with not much trouble and passed by rather quickly. Soon it was time for their lunch break. Kyuhee and Sulli went to their school’s cafeteria and met up with their other friends: Amber, Krystal, Luna and Victoria.  They sat together on one of the tables, happily chatting about anything and everything that was going on in their lives. It didn’t take long for the conversation to go back to the topic about the upcoming fieldtrip that Kyuhee was apparently not being allowed to attend.

“You know, I really don’t get your dad. Don’t you get tired of being treated like a kid?” Krystal said to her, looking just as miffed about the news as Sulli was.

“He doesn’t treat me like a kid, he’s just really over protective you know.” Kyuhee said in defence of her dad.

“Yeah, but we don’t get why he’s so over protective with you. You’re already 19 for goodness sake!” Amber said in exasperation.

“Amber’s right Kyu, I think you’re old enough to make decisions for yourself. You don’t need to listen to everything your dad tells you, you know.” Victoria said seriously to her.

Kyuhee frowned thoughtfully at their words. Maybe they were right… She was old enough to make her own choices, and maybe it was time for her to push this matter with her dad. This would be the first time she would do such a thing since she never ever went against her dad before.

“I don’t know guys… but I’ll try to talk to him again when he gets home tonight.” Kyuhee said to her friends, much to their delight.

 They continued to talk about other things after she said those words. While they were minding their own business, Kyuhee felt someone staring at her. Looking around, she found Joonmyun looking at her. When she caught his gaze he gave her a sweet and charming smile which her friends also saw.

“Omo! Kyu! Did you see that? He was smiling at you!!” Luna said excitedly, practically bouncing in her seat as she nudged Kyuhee.

“Wha- I don’t think so…”

“Don’t deny it, Kyu! He was so looking at you. I can’t believe you managed to catch the eye of the ‘Prince’. ” Krystal said sending her a knowing smirk.

“Omo! I almost forgot to tell you guys, our little Kyu here ran into him this morning and I mean that literally. She collided with him and her books fell and he even helped her pick her things up.” Sulli said as if it was the juiciest gossip.

Kyuhee blushed crimson at the mention of the incident that morning. Amber patted her on her shoulder.

“Kyu’s got another admirer!” Amber said teasingly.

“I don’t have any admirers!” Kyuhee said incredulously.

“Of course you do! You just weren’t aware of it.” Amber said to her.

“Wha-? How is that even possible?”

“Omo! She’s so oblivious!” Sulli said squealing at the Kyuhee’s bewildered expression as she pinched Kyuhee’s cheeks lightly.

“Well, for starters you’re the only person in who has natural teal colored eyes and you’re actually really pretty.”

“Huh? But I’m not a Queenka.”

“Yeah, but you don’t have to be one.” Victoria said to her.

“It’s your natural charm Kyu.” Krystal said nonchalantly.

“Charm? What are you talking about?”

“Aish, really this girl!” Luna said exasperated at how oblivious Kyuhee really was.

“You have this charm that pulls people towards you, you’re not aware of it but you’re actually the only student who’s never ever gotten into a tiff with any of our school mates. Even I’ve had my fair share of disagreements with some of our classmates.” Victoria explained to Kyuhee.

“Really?! I never noticed.”

“Of course you wouldn’t notice. You’re often off in your little world that you don’t notice the drama that goes on in this school.” Amber said smiling at her as she ruffled Kyuhee’s hair affectionately.

They continued teasing Kyuhee about her obliviousness until it was time to head back to class. As they were tidying up the table, Kyuhee couldn’t help but glance back to where Joonmyun sat. She was surprised to find that his eyes were still trained on her, watching her every move. She felt a little bit unsettled with his gaze since this was the first time she’d ever experienced something like that. There was just something about the look that he was giving her that troubled her. She didn’t know what it was.

Deciding that it was probably nothing she went on her way with her friends. If she’d taken another glance back she would have probably seen the way his eyes flashed as he watched her take her leave.

It was only a matter of time, after all. Soon she’d be back where she rightfully belonged, with him and his brothers.

Their eternal bride.

*-*-*

Class ended uneventfully, their teacher assigned them some homework and reminded them that they had until Friday to give back the permission slips for the field trip. Kyuhee packed up her things and said goodbye to her friends.

Exiting the school’s gate, she didn’t head home straight away knowing that there really wasn’t anything interesting to do back at her house, she headed for the coffee chop that her uncle Yesung owned which was conveniently close to where she lived. She was craving the taste of the sweet and delicious cakes they served.

The familiar chime of bells announced her presence, the security guard greeted her warmly as he welcomed her into the establishment. She sent a bright smile and wave to him as she entered. The staff who recognized her also greeted her warmly.

The shop exuded a warm and cozy ambiance that many people enjoyed. Its motif was eclectic in nature as the furniture pieces varied with different styles that surprisingly worked quite well. The warm white brick walls were riddled with assorted pastel colored picture frames and mementos were displayed on the shelves. The floor was composed of nice dark walnut hardwood.

 She missed this place since hadn’t been here for quite some time now. She approached the counter and proceeded to order a slice of decadent chocolate cake and a tall glass of salted caramel macchiato.

“That’ll be 3000 won.” Kyuhee counted her money before handing it to the cashier. She noticed that it was a different staff who’d taken her order. He was probably one of the new baristas.

He was quite goodlooking with his big eyes and nice puffy cheeks that vaguely reminded her of the Chinese steamed buns. He had a nice and bright smile on his face, as he handed her the receipt and order.

“You must be new here…” Kyuhee said to him, initiating some small talk with the new barista. There weren’t many people in the shop yet so it was ok for her to steal his attention for a bit.

“Yeah, I just started two days ago. My name is Kim Minseok but you can call me Xuimin.” He said to her happily.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Park Kyuhee. If you don’t mind me asking, why Xuimin?”

“I don’t mind, the answer to your question is that Xuimin is the nickname my brothers call me and I’m much more used to hearing that compared to my real name.” He said.

Some more customers had already arrived so Kyuhee decided to take her seat.

“Oh, I see. Well, I hope you enjoy working here Xuimin-ssi and thank you for your hard work.” Kyuhee said to Xuimin before taking the tray of her order to one of the empty tables on the corner of the shop. She set her tray down on the table and took her seat. She took a sip of her drink before rummaging through her bag for her phone. Taking out her phone, Kyuhee sent a text to her uncle Yesung to ask if he was coming by the shop since she dropped by.

It didn’t take him too long to reply as Kyuhee’s phone chimed after a minute since she’d sent the text. He’d said that he was coming by the shop and told her to wait for him there.

Half an hour passed by, Kyuhee sat quietly be herself enjoying her cake in peace. When the shop’s door chimed again, the staff respectfully greeted Yesung. Kyuhee looked at the door and saw her uncle enter which brought a bright smile to her face.

Yesung smiled and greeted his staff back. When he saw Kyuhee, he went to where she was and sat on the seat opposite of her.

“It’s nice to see you Princess.” Yesung said pleasantly to her as he sat down.

 “Uncle!” Kyuhee said in protest as she flushed at being called princess, her uncle should know better than to call her that, she was too old for pet names.

“What?” Yesung said feigning innocence. He knew she didn’t like being called ‘princess’ but she was their princess and technically she literally was one even if she had no idea about it.

“You know I’m not kid any more, I don’t like being called that.” Kyuhee said as she pouted at him.

“I was just teasing you.” Yesung said laughing at her expression.

“So… Is there anything on your mind?”

“Huh? What do you mean by that?”

“Well, for one thing you’re eating chocolate cake and you came to see me.”

“There’s nothing wrong with eating cake, uncle. And besides, can’t I just see you coz I missed you?” Kyuhee said trying to sound as if there was nothing bothering her.

“I’ve known you since you were in diapers, Kyuhee-ah. I know that when you come looking for me, it means that there’s something bothering you. So why don’t you just tell me about it.” Yesung said as lent back on the seat, his eyes trained on her as a frown made its way to her face.

Kyuhee sighed, Yesung was right. He knew her too well, whenever she was troubled, she would seek out only three people. Her dad, Yesung or Heechul. And since the thing that was troubling her was about her dad, she sought out Yesung.

“You know how Appa never lets me go on fieldtrips alone?”

Yesung nodded and motioned her to continue.

“Well, it’s just… this would be the last fieldtrip I’ll ever have as a high school student and I really want to join my friends but Appa said no…”

Yesung sighed. This was certainly troublesome. He knew exactly why she wasn’t allowed to go on trips without any of them. The risk was too great and neither he nor Leeteuk were willing to risk it.

“I don’t think I can do anything about Leeteuk’s decision, Kyuhee. You know he won’t change his mind.”

“But if you could possibly talk to him?” Kyuhee said hopefully.

“He won’t listen to me Kyu, you know that and you never went against him about this sort of thing before why start now?”

“It’s just that I don’t understand why I’ve never been allowed to go on school trips. Can you please just tell me why?”

Yesung stayed quiet. He didn’t know what to say this was something that Leeteuk was supposed to take care of.

“Why am I never allowed to go on those trips? Why are all of you so protective and against the idea about me going on my own?” Kyuhee was getting upset and emotional. Yesung placed a hand on her shoulder comfortingly.

“That’s something that you’ll have to ask your father about, Kyuhee.”

“But uncle! I-“ Kyuhee tried to protest but Yesung cut her off.

“That’s enough. You must already be tired, I’ll accompany you home.” Yesung said with finality, he stood and motioned for her to follow him. Kyuhee had no choice but to follow him, she gathered he things and began to head out the door.

Little did they know that someone had been listening in on their conversation. Xuimin heard everything. So this was the reason why they couldn’t pull her back into their world. The humans never let her out of their sight and apparently they knew enough to not to let her go out where they could take her.

Xuimin frowned in distaste, all this time the only thing that prevented them from reclaiming their bride was a bunch of overprotective humans. It was unfortunate that they couldn’t just take her away. The protection ward her mother placed on her prevented them from forcefully taking her. The only way they could successfully take her would be through her going into their territory, but those stupid humans weren’t letting her out of their sight.

Perhaps Suho was right, earning her trust before taking their plans into action would be the way they could take her back into their world. Shaking off his thoughts he went back to ‘work’ inwardly he scoffed at how a prince like him could be stuck doing such a meager role.

*-*-*

In a lavish looking room back in the world of the Faes four of the princes were gathered together. Kris sat regally upon the plush high back chair, with his head titled to the side as his chin rested on the palm of his left hand. A few paces away from him stood Lay, looking mildly bored with nothing to do.

Luhan was leaning against a pillar also looking quite bored while Baekhyun sat on another chair reading one of their books to entertain himself.

They were all gathered there to wait for any news regarding their bride. Two of their brothers were currently on the mortal realm keeping an eye out for their lost bride.

Suho had been the longest one to say in that realm and just recently Xuimin was sent to accompany him.

Luhan and Kris had both protested from sending Xuimin after Suho since they both felt that Xuimin’s abilities were not fit for the task in retrieving their precious bride. Luhan had pointed out that his abilities were much more useful for the task but he was denied the chance.

Suho had told them that it was not a matter of whose abilities would be useful but rather who amongst them could earn her trust the easiest. Xuimin was chosen since he was the subtlest amongst them. He and Lay possessed a quiet sort of charm that Suho was certain would draw her in.

Now here they were, waiting. They didn’t really like waiting. For years, all they’ve done was wait. All of them were restless.

They needed her and soon they would finally have her.

She belonged to them and ONLY them.

What ever life she had in the realm of the mortals would not matter soon.

She was never supposed to have gone there in the first place.

Her damned mother was the one who stole her away from them.

She even had the audacity to take measures to ensure that they wouldn’t be able to easily take back their bride.

 How dare she come between them and their bride?!

She should’ve been thankful that she was granted such an honor to be part of their world.

But now was not the time to dwell back on such matters as the runes in the center of the room came to life and projected the images of their two brothers before them.

“What news have you brought us brother?” Kris said addressing Suho.

“The chance we’ve been waiting for may come quite soon.” Suho said with a smirk.

“Really now?” Baekhyun said with a delighted smirk.

“Yes. The chance may come if she will be allowed to attend the school trip” Suho continued.

“You said IF. Is there a chance that she may not go to the trip?” Kris said catching on to the possibility of something wrong happening.

“Yes, but as far as I know she’s trying to convince her caretakers to allow her to partake on that activity.” Suho said assuringly.

“Her care takers are quite troublesome.” Xuimin said, a look of annoyance flashing on face.

“How so?” Lay asked Xuimin.

“They’re too protective with her. I’ve overheard our bride’s conversation with one of them. It appears as though those caretakers of her’s know exactly what will happen if they allow her out of their sight. No doubt, it’s all thanks to that troublesome woman.”

“You’ve seen her for yourself?” Baekhyun said intrigued at the news that Xuimin had already met her. He felt a little bit envious of his brother but he knew he too would soon meet her.

“Yes.” Xuimin said with a satisfied smile as he recalled everything about her. Her eyes, her smile, her lips, everything about her was perfect. There was no doubt to it. She truly was the only bride for them.

Soon they would have her back.

There was no mistake about it.

<*-o*+-O-+*o-*>

Quick Author Note:

Thank you so much for subscribing, commenting and upvoting! I'm so glad that you guys are enjoying the story. I'll do my best to continue to give you guys satisfying updates!  <3