Sequel

Safe House

Sequel:

*A few days later

From Junho:

When I get a hold of you, you’ll never want to even breathe without my permission!

I hurriedly put my phone back in my bag so N doesn’t see my phone, he’s calmed down enough not to go hunting for Junho so I don’t want him to be riled up again by the texts Junho has been sending me for the past few days. All threatening me to come back to him or I’ll be sorry, say where I am so he can get me, etc.

Of course I’m terrified by the texts but N has reassured me time and time again that Junho doesn’t know where N is staying, but I keep thinking it’s only a matter of time before Junho breaks down the door and storms into the room. I usually go out just to get food, clothes, and books and I’ve had one close call where Junho was sitting in a café but thankfully he was reading the menu or else he would have seen me.

I can't imagine how N would react if he found about the texts and then read them, he would probably kill Junho, but that’s exactly the same reason I kept what was happening to me a secret from him. But now he knows about that but this time I can't tell him about the texts.

“Seohyun? Are you alright, you look a bit lost.” N says. He’s standing in the doorway.

“I’m fine.” I smile at him, “Just thinking.”

“Do you want to go eat something?” He asks.

“Really?” I ask.

“Yeah, it’s sunny outside so no one would question a girl wearing these.” He pulls out from behind his back a red hat that has a wide rim for the sun and sunglasses.

“Did you buy these?” I ask him.

“It’s a gift.” He hands me them. I put them on and we walk out to a restaurant. I pick a table outside and we sit down. We order our food and a cola for the both of us. “Reading any good books lately?” N asks me.

“I finished the Fault in our Stars but it was really sad so I don’t think you would like it.” N hates sad movies and books.

“Isn’t that a big thing now though?” He asks.

“Yeah, it’s really big, it’s being made into a movie as well.” I say.

“Do you know why it’s so popular?” He asks.

“Not really, it’s about a girl has cancer but she falls in love with a boy.” I say.

“It’s quite an interesting plot, so I can see how it’s good.” He says. My phone beeps signalling another text, which should be from none other than Junho, why do I still have the sound on, how stupid can I be? I ignore it for now, “Aren’t you going to look at the text?” N asks.

“Not now, it’s rude.” I shake my head.

“I'm fine with it.” He smiles at me. I sigh and take out my phone.

From Junho:
I can see you.

I try to keep my cool and take a deep breath and then reply: Really, then where am I?

“Seohyun? Why are you so pale?” N asks worriedly, “Did someone prank you by text?” He asks. I shake my head, “Don’t lie to me, tell me who’s texting you, please.” He begs. I put my phone in front of him and he picks it up and looks at it, his face goes from confusion to fear to anger, “We need to go.” He stands up immediately and grabs my wrist gently but then pulls me away quickly. We start a quick pace to his apartment, he closes the door and then whirls around to face me. “How many texts has he sent you?” He holds up the phone his hand shaking slightly.

“More than three.” I say, it would be wrong to keep anything else from him.

“C-can I see them?” He asks. I nod, a very small movement; barely visible but N sees it. He unlocks my phone and looks at the texts, I can see his eyebrow twitching like crazy meaning he’s a lot more than furious. “I’ll kill him.” He mutters putting his hand on the door handle.

“No!” I grab his arm. He looks at me, eyes still blazing.

“What?” He asks.

“Don’t go.” I plead. He wavers for a minute and I can see his hand lift off the handle but then he sets his jaw and opens the door.

“Not this time, I’m sorry Seohyun.” He walks out and closes the door in my face.

 

I open the door and I hear the door on the ground floor slam, I run down the stairs and jump the last four. I wrench the door open and I can see N running in the distance, he’s fast so I’ll have a hard time catching him. I take off sprinting pushing past people, some who slightly curse at me but others just brush it off. N is still far away so I speed up, I get to my apartment building with my lungs burning but I have to keep going. I go up the stairs two at a time and when I get to my floor I see N tackle someone to the ground, it must be Junho. I get into the room and see Junho being hit continuously in the face, chest, and stomach. N’s face portrays no emotion as he beats Junho, then blood starts to drip from Junho’s lip and nose.

“Stop N! Please!” I scream. He turns around to face me, “He’s gotten what he deserves so just stop it!” I say. N looks from me to Junho, he sighs.

“I guess.” He unclenches his fists and then walks to me.

“Coward. Can't even finish the job.” Junho smirks weakly. N ignores him, “But then again, you can't even ask the girl you’ve been crushing on, out.” Still no reaction, “But then again, she’s only a pretty face.” He says looking at me while N’s eyebrow twitches. “And nothing else is the—” N lunges at Junho. I see Junho’s hand move and a flash of silver.

“STOP!” I scream but it’s too late, N gasps as he lands on Junho’s switchblade. Junho tugs the blade up and N manages to punch him in the side of the head and Junho goes down. N rolls of him and pulls the knife out of him, I can see that it cut from his left side up to the start of his ribs on the other side. N’s white t-shirt shows the fast spreading of the blood first in a jagged line and then big blots. I grab a clean dishcloth and press it onto his wound.

“Give me a phone.” He says. I grab the phone on the counter and give it to him. He dials 911, “Hello? Yes, I need the police here and can you bring an ambulance as well…thank you, yes the address is _______________ _________________ in room 423.” He hangs up the phone, “They’ll be here soon.” He smiles lightly.

“How deep did he cut you?” I ask.

“Not too…” He trails off, his face is pale from the blood loss and he’s shivering. I look over at the knife to see blood all the way to the hilt, and the knife is quite long. I press the cloth harder against the wound making him groan quietly. His eyes start to close.

“N, stay awake, please.” Tears start to roll down my face. He opens his eyes again.

“Don’t cry.” He raises his hand and brushes the tears away with his thumb. With his other hand he puts it on mine, “I’ll be alright.” He manages a weak smile. I just nod and then do something both unexpected for both him and me; I lean in and kiss him. He looks at me surprised with his mouth slightly open, then his head lolls to the side and he falls into unconsciousness. Please get here quickly, please, I think.

When the police and medics arrive, one medic comes and measures N’s pulse.

“Excuse me miss, we need to take him to the emergency room immediately.” He says. I nod and take my hands off the cloth, N’s blood had already soaked through the cloth and it’s on my hands. Yes, his blood is on your hands, the small voice in the back of my head tells me, I ignore it and go with N to the hospital.

*A few hours later

The operation was very long and they explained to me that the knife had narrowly missed his stomach but it had cut into other organs but they hadn’t told me which ones. He had also lost a large amount of blood but they got the blood from donors. It was certain though that N was going to stay the week.

Finally, they told me he was awake and that I could go see him. I enter the room, he’s propped up on a pillow and he’s eating soup.

“Hi.” He brightens up when he sees me.

“How are you?” I ask sitting down on the side of the bed.

“I’m fine, do you know what happened to Junho?” He asks.

“He was put in prison for attempted murder and abuse.” I reply.

“That’s good.” He says.

“It is.” I nod, and then I remember what Junho had said about N’s feelings for me, “At the apartment, what Junho had said…was it true?” I ask.

“About you being just a pretty face? Not at all.” He shakes his head.

“I mean before that, about you having a crush on someone.” I look down at my hands.

“Oh, that. Yes it is true.” He nods turning slightly red. I smile inwardly.

“Well, when you get out of here, I’ll go on a date with you.” I say. He then pushes the help button twice, “Who are you calling for?” I ask.

“The doctor, I want to ask if I can get out of here sooner.” He smiles at me.

 

The sequel is here! I hope you liked it, comment what you thought about it :)