To Go Out

To Be Whole

    Finals came up soon and Hongbin was so busy studying that he had to be dragged out of his apartment to eat or sleep. That, of course, was left to Ravi and Ken. The duo would take him out to eat and then they would play some video games back at Ken and Ravi’s dorm room and then get some sleep. All his studying did pay off, because he passed all of his exams—even earning some of the highest scores. They now had about a month off for holiday before school resumed for the next semester. It’s been a couple weeks since he and Luhan met at the café last. The pretty boy had had his own exams to take and they were usually scheduled whenever Hongbin didn’t have any. He was beginning to miss the older boy. He kind of wormed his way into his life suddenly, but he was always around and very understanding of his issues. Well the ones that he knows of anyways…

    His phone chimed with the tone he’d set for Luhan and he scrambled to get to it fast enough.

 

        From: Luhan    

        Hey! I’m finally out of my exam. Meet me at the café?

    

    After typing up a quick reply, Hongbin rushes to his closet to pick out something to wear. He settled on a black long-sleeve shirt with a band t-shirt on top and black jeans and sneakers. He grabbed his navy coat on the way out and headed to the café. Luhan is waiting for him, with coffee again, tucked away in a corner table. Hongbin is quick to join him and takes a sip of coffee to brush off the chill that had settled on his way there. They sit in silence for a few minutes until Hongbin speaks up.

    “How’d your exams go?” 

    “Pretty good. That last one was no joke though. I’ll be lucky if I pass.” Luhan sighs dramatically.

    “I’m not so sure. You act all dumb, but you’re very intelligent.” Hongbin laughs and Luhan smacks at him playfully.

    “I’m not sure that was a very good way to cheer someone up, Bin. That was rude.” The older boy fakes a pout.

    Hongbin throws a hand across his face to hide from the pretty boy’s convincing act. “Yah! I’m not going to fall into your fake pouts or tears anymore!”

    “Ah, fine.” He pulls Hongbin’s hand away and stares into his eyes. “I’m sorry.”

    They stay like that for a moment,  just looking at one another. Hongbin begins to feel a bit exposed under the pretty boy’s gaze and he looks away, his face heating up a bit.

    “What are you doing, Luhan?”

    “Just admiring you. You’re beautiful.” He smiles and Hongbin’s blush deepens. The older boy grabs his hands in his own and draws Hongbin’s eyes back. “I mean it. You have gorgeous eyes and your dimples when you smile are adorable, but beyond that you’re incredibly smart and kind and you’ve stolen my heart.”

    Hongbin stares at him, stunned. Is he going to—?

    Luhan flashes him a shy smile. “Would you do me the honor of going out on a date with me?”

    Hongbin doesn’t move or speak. What? Go out with me? “L-Luhan, I…I couldn’t. I’m sorry…” It’d be too dangerous.

    “Why? Don’t you like hanging out with me?” A genuine pout this time around. Guilt floods the younger.

    “Yes! I love hanging out with you, Luhan, but—”

    “So then go on one date with me. That’s all I’m asking, we don’t have to be dating to go on a date.”

    “That’s not..” Hongbin sighs and looks up at Luhan. “Alright. One date.”

    Luhan smiles and gives a small cheer which Hongbin can’t help but return. “How about Friday night? I’ll pick you up around six.” Hongbin nods. “Great. I’ll see you then!”

    Luhan rushes out of the café leaving Hongbin to himself. Said boy takes a sip of his coffee, his mind racing with what just happened. He wants to date me? Well, go on a date, but still…is that why he’s been popping up everywhere? I can’t believe this.

    Suppressing a giddy laugh, Hongbin indulges some more into his coffee, but he couldn’t hide the smile that seemed to be glued to his face and showed off his dimples. He downs the rest of his drink and throws it in the trash can, but as he heads to the door he feels like he’s being watched. Glancing over his shoulder, he sees a man—probably around his age or older—staring at him from across the room. His hair is dark and he watches Hongbin with an intense gaze that sends chills down his spine. 

    The younger boy quickly leaves, heading for the closest safe place for him—Ravi and Ken’s dorm room. As he enters the room, Ravi and Ken look up from their respective beds. Ravi had his headphones on, so he was probably composing something new on his laptop. Ken had been drawing in his sketch pad.

    “Hey there, Hongbin. What brings you by?” Ken packs up his art supplies, grabbing Hongbin and leading him to sit on his bed.

    “I was just at the café with Luhan. I figured I would stop by.” He decided against telling them about the other guy in the café. They’ll probably just think he’s paranoid.

    “Luhan again, huh? Are you guys dating or something or is he just replacing us?” Ravi jokes as he puts up his laptop. Hongbin blushes at the mention of them dating.

    “Aww, look how red he is! Are you two dating?” Ken pokes his cheek, but Hongbin brushes his hand off.

    “Actually, he’s taking me out Friday…”

    Ravi slings an arm around Hongbin and playfully ruffles his hair. “It’s about time. You guys already act like a couple.” They all share a laugh. Ravi and Ken were glad that Hongbin is finally enjoying himself and looking into a significant other. Whenever they go out they’d point out attractive men and women to Hongbin, who is biual to put it simply. When asked, he’ll just say that it shouldn’t matter what gender someone is if you love them, or something to that effect. Whenever Ravi’s boyfriend, Hakyeon, comes to visit he would even try and set up somebody with the Hongbin, but the handsome boy would always decline politely.

    “We’re so happy for you, Hongbin! We should go out and celebrate. Maybe we could even find you something to wear on your date!” Ken shouts happily as he grabs his car keys. Before Hongbin could even reply, the two have already dragged him out to the car and tossed him in.     

    Well there’s no harm I guess…It’s still early and maybe I do need something for our date…

    His conversation with Luhan a while back returns to him. I guess they do deserve to know about everything…they are my best friends. 

    “Hey, Ravi. Ken. There’s something I need to tell you guys…” Hongbin avoids eye contact with them, but he knows they’re focused on him now. “I, uh…I got the highest biology score this semester.” 

    “Congratulaitons, Hongbin!”

    “You’re so smart.”

    I’ll tell them…just not today.

 

 

~

 

 

And here’s a slightly longer chapter and a double update to make up for everything. If you guys have any ideas for the date, put them in the comments, please!