To Figure Out

To Be Whole

    Tuesday came by much faster than Hongbin would’ve liked. Although he was looking forward to spending time with Luhan, he was also dreading it. After what happened Sunday, he was sure Luhan was at suspicious of him for something. As he enters the café they agreed to meet at, Hongbin tries to come up with any excuse to leave, but before he can Luhan spots him and leads him over to the table. He sees that the pretty boy has already ordered their drinks, the same ones they had Saturday. Hongbin takes a sip of his. It’s exactly the way I always order it. So he remembered how I like my coffee… Hongbin smiles, feeling a surge of warmth from both the coffee and the older boy’s actions.

    They sit in silence for a few minutes before Hongbin speaks up. “A-About Sunday…I know it probably didn’t look too good, what I was doing, but—”

    “What are you talking about, Hongbin? You were just taking some medicine. It’s not like you were selling drugs or something.” Luhan laughs, but Hongbin does nothing. “You weren’t selling them, were you?”

    “NO! No nononono.” He sighs. “It’s my medication, I have to take it a couple times a day. You just caught me at one of those times.”

    Luhan stares at the boy in front of him. “Anxiety, right?”

    “What?”

    “You had a prescription for buspirone. If I remember correctly, that’s a newer anti-anxiety medication. It can be taken long term, which I’m guessing you do judging by the dosage.”

     Hongbin looks at the boy shocked. “I—You looked at my medicine?”

    “I’m sorry about that. It was just there…”

    Hongbin just sighs and rubs his temples, feeling a headache coming on. Luhan reaches over to pat his shoulder, but the younger boy jerks away.

    “Are you upset?” Luhan frowns, wanting to comfort the other boy, but he wasn’t letting him. 

    Hongbin looks up at the older boy. “No one knows about my…situation. Not even Ravi and Ken.”

    “Are you embarrassed? Ashamed?” Hongbin doesn’t respond, but it’s obvious to Luhan that he is correct. “Your friends should at least know. What if you have an attack?”

    “I don’t think that will be a problem.” He’s never really had an attack unless someone decides to get a bit rough with him, but Hongbin knows how to make it clear that he doesn’t want to be touched. People tend to respect that, especially since he doesn’t draw much attention to himself.

    Luhan sighs. “If it means that much to you, I won’t tell anyone. I still think that you should though.” Meaning Ravi and Ken.

    Hongbin eyes him. “Promise you won’t tell?”

    Luhan grabs his hand and it reassuringly. “I promise you.”

    

~

 

    They two parted after class because Hongbin got dragged away by Ravi and Ken. Luhan bid him goodbye, giving the younger his cell phone number and offering to meet up again for coffee. After that, he returned to his dorm room. His roommate, Sehun, was out for the moment so he decided to finish a write-up for one of his classes. Just as he finishes, his phone chimes loudly, indicating that he just received a text.

 

        From: xxx-xxxx

        Hey! It’s Hongbin. 

    

    Luhan hops over onto his bed and quickly types up a reply.

 

        To: Hongbin

        Hey. What’s up?

 

    He only has to wait a few moments before his phone goes off again.

 

        From: Hongbin

        My friends are being crazy as usual. What are you up to?

 

        To: Hongbin

        Just finished up some classwork. 

 

    His phone chimes again with a response.

    

        From: Hongbin

        Oh, that reminds me! I have a lot of work to do. I’ll talk to you later.

    

    Luhan chuckles and lays his phone down on the nightstand. “You’re such a mess, Hongbin.”

 

 

~

 

 

Really short. I had to rewrite this one because it got kind of weird, so I cut a bit out. A lot of anxiety medication is usually taken for less than a month, but Hongbin takes lower doses over a period of several months because his situation is more complicated then just standard anxiety. 

Sorry this is a bit late, I was meaning to have this up by the 4th, but there were some kinks to work out with this particular chapter that were causing trouble later on.