1/1

Just Another Pretty Face

He'd always been a bit at the sidelines, watching people, seeing them go about their busy lives, never sparing a glance for him. It hadn't really bothered him, since he didn't really give a crap if people didn't pay attention to hinge had his friends, and his friends seemed to like him, and that was enough. 

Sometimes, he remembered painfully how his younger self, at some crazy party, would sit alone on a chair near the edge of the room, drinking a soda since he was underage and didn't want to get in trouble or  upset his parents. Everyone would be drunk and acting like complete idiots, while he, the self-proclaimed loner would simply watch and be amused by the antics of his few friends and large amount of acquaintances. Being the center of attention was never an important thing to him. He much preferred being entertained by others 

So that's why, sitting on a chair backstage, it seemed like déjàvu to him. His group members were all goofing off with the camera men, Zico flirting with some random coordinoona, P.O. using his aegyo to try and convince Kyung to buy him a soda, while he himself was simply watching. In approximately 45 minutes, the show would begin and the hyper atmosphere would simply grow even more crazier, but he would be left out of it. 

On stage, with Zico manically rapping and the rest clumsily dancing and smiling (with the exception of U-kwon who actually could dance) he'd be there, dancing his heart out and focused on getting it perfect. And in the small question segment, he'd be lucky if  at least one question would be directed his way so he would have to pretend to act outgoing and at least slightly friendly. 

He often wondered how he'd ended up in a group known for their crazy outgoing actions, while he was just another wallflower. Being famous had only made that painfully more clear, as he had often read fans commenting on how quiet and out of things he was. It bothered him slightly, knowing that he should try harder to be more outgoing, but when he did, it didn't seen right and he soon stopped, knowing that it really was just pretending. He prided himself on not changing his character and image just because he'd become an idol. He'd always been quiet and always would be. 

Jaehyo seemed to have noticed that he was once again brooding because he was dragged from the chair over to the couch that taeil was sitting on. He gave a tiny smile to the eldest, and plopped down next to him, sighing as he did so. 

"Cheer up, hyung," Jaehyo said, tousling his, which earned the self proclaimed visual a glare from one of the hair dressers. "What have you got to mope about? It's gonna be fun today!"

He nodded, knowing Jaehyo wouldn't understand that he actually wasn't moping and that instead, this was what he was always like. "I know, I'm just trying to not exert myself. The face practice earlier tired me put a bit."

"Yeah, I was exhausted!" Taeil groaned. "I don't see how you can dance so well Minhyuk."

He gave a small smile, acknowledging the compliment. 

"Don't worry," Jaehyo said, "You'll do fine on stage. No one will pay attention to you atrocious dancing as you long as you sing amazing."

Taeil punched Jaehyo lightly on the shoulder, laughing a bit since it was only true. 

"Ah, you guys!" Zico yelled from across the room. "30 minutes til show time!"

**********

He walked slowly into his room, and stripping, he quickly put on a pair of sweat pants. Dance practice earlier plus the show had tired him out quite a bit, plus it was really late, almost one AM. All the rest were probably in bed, having not even bothered to do the proper nighttime routine their makeup coordinoonas had told them to. 

He didn't want to upset them, plus he cared how he looked, so he went to the bathroom and began scrubbing off the stage makeup. 

A small sound at the door startled him and he looked up, surprised to see Jaehyo there, dollops of BB cream on his face. He cracked a smile at how absurd he looked before asking what he wanted. "There is another bathroom, you know."

"Of course I know. I was in my way there and saw you were still up," Jaehyo said. "I decided to see why you weren't in bed yet."

"Same reason you are, I suppose. We're both just two pretty boys obsessed with our gorgeous faces." He continued washing his face slowly. 

"Come on, Minhyuk. There's more to us than that. My our an amazing dancer, you know. I'd kill to be able to move like that." 

"Just don't murder me. Murder Kyung or Zico maybe."

Jaehyo grinned. "Not sure the fans would appreciate that."

"Yeah, somehow, I think not."

"Anyway," Jaehyo yawned. "I'm gonna go scrub my own gorgeous face now." He turned and gave a small wave to Minhyuk. 

He waved back, a tiny smile forming on his face as he went to brush his teeth. 

"And hyung?" Jaehyo said, turning back and peaking around the doorway. 

"Hmm?" He mumbled through a mouthful of toothpaste. 

"You did great today."