Final

Taking A Step Backward
Please log in to read the full chapter

If you love something let it go, If it comes back to you it’s yours, If it doesn’t, it never was…

Look at me, I’m holding onto you with my tears… As I took a step backward… Slowly my hand that was holding onto yours loosened. I am taking a step backward because I know… from now on… I can never be by your side.

 

Taylor Swift – Teardrops on My Guitar

I opened my eyes and I heard the song faintly playing on my ear, with the earphone loosely stuck on my left ear. I pulled out the earphone and put it on the table beside my bed. I looked at the clock at the wall and it showed 9.00 in the morning. I looked at my closed door and heard someone banging on my front door. I yawned and get out from bed. My feet stepped on the cold marble floors and I went out from the bedroom. I walked groggily to the front door with my nested bed hair.

The banging on the door didn’t stop or is it just me or it even rhyme a bit. I opened the door and was about to shout and whoever who was disturbing my sleep, but I stopped when I saw who was at the door. With his usual bright and childish smiled, he was holding a plastic bag in one hand with his other hand waved cheerfully at me.

The dorm was opened for male visitor on weekdays from 9.00am until 6.00pm. While for the weekends, visitor could visit anytime. So that was why he was here, standing in my front door early in the morning., disturbing my beauty sleep and my sweet dream of him as my boyf-

“Good morning bestie! I brought you breakfast.” He said and went passed by me. He went inside the house without my permission. I blinked my eyes before I regained composure. I closed the door and turned around, only to see him sitting on the couch at the small living room. He started to take out the food from the plastic bag and put it on the table. He then went to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. He pulled out a box of apple juice and took two glasses on the counter. He poured the drink inside the glasses and went back to the living room while holding the glasses that were filled with juice. He sat back on the couch while I was still standing near the door.

He turned to look at me. “What are you doing there? Come here.” He patted the seat beside him. Like I was snapped out from my daydreaming, I started walking to the couch and sat beside him, with my annoyed expression now plastered on my face. “Baekhyun, what are you doing here in the morning? I thought you have a class.”

Baekhyun smiled and gently fixed my nested hair. My heart did that usual rhythm inside me whenever he was closed to me. I swallowed hard and tried to maintain my expression.

“I did, but the lecturer cancelled it. So I’m free until this afternoon.” He said after he finished fixing my hair. I touch my hair and patted it down a bit, making sure that I looked okay in front of him. He already looked all of my flaws, like how I looked like in the morning, and I tell you I looked really bad when I first woke up in the morning. With my hair all stood up in different directions, with my dark circles really visible around my eyes and with my bloated face. I looked really horrible but he didn’t care about it at all.

“I called you last night to check up on you but you didn’t pick up my call.” He told me. Did he call me last night? The answer is… Yes… He did call me. I was sitting on my bed last night, only looking at my phone ringing endlessly. With Baekhyun’s name popped up on the screen and the ringtone turn on and off. I didn’t know why, but I don't have the mood to talk to him that time, with Chanyeol sudden confession made my heart confuse for awhile, but I know where my heart really stood.

“Sorry… I slept early last night.” I lied. Baekhyun nodded his head believing what I said. I was a light sleeper and he knew that. I easily wake up by the mere sound of light footsteps, but he also knew that when I was asleep I hate it when someone disturbed me. If my phone rings, I would turn it into silent mood and continue my sleep. I only looked at my phone the next morning.

“Your class is at twelve afternoon right?” He asked me and I nodded my head. My hand started to move to the ginger bread on the table when Baekhyun stopped me by holding my wrist. I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. “Have you brush your teeth?” He asked.

Oh right… this is so embarrassing. I didn’t even brush my teeth yet and I looked like a freaking mess in front of him. Just great… I felt my cheeks flushed a bit and I cleared my throat. I stood up and Baekhyun let go of my wrist. He looked up at me and I stared back at him.

Three… two… one.

I dashed to my room and shut the door closed. I heard Baekhyun’s laughter out there. I knocked my head with my fist a couple of times and let out a frustrated sighed. That was so embarrassing, I wonder how my breath smell like… I don't even want to know. I started to walk to my bathroom when I heard Baekhyun said something outside of my door. He knocked twice before he said with a teased tone, “If you need help just call me.”

I glared at the door and clenched my fists. “Shut up Byun Baekhyun!” I heard his laughed once again and I went to the bathroom and slammed the door shut.

 

 

I went out from my bedroom thirty minutes later, I decided to take a shower instead. I wore a black track pants and a long sleeves gray shirt that have an ‘I Don’t Care’ words printed on it with black color. My hair was slightly wet. I went to sit on the couch and Baekhyun was sitting on the other couch on my left. He was holding his phone and I guessed he was texting his girlfriend.

He didn’t touch the food on the table yet. I didn’t say a word and let him be, because I know he was waiting for me so we could eat together. He would always tell me to take a first bite and then he would eat. I took the ginger bread inside the small box on the table and started munching on it.

He put his phone few minutes later and stared at me with a creepy smiled, he was leaning forward a bit.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked with my usual bored slash sleepy tone and continued to eat.

“So, Chanyeol sent you home last night?” He started his que

Please log in to read the full chapter