Review from Rebel&Rebellious Review Shop

Taking A Step Backward
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title 5/5

I haven't seen any other stories that are similar like this and I'm assuming that the meaning of this story is about someone who wants needs to slow down or someone who is far behind from something. 'One step forward and two step back', I heard this phase before but honestly, I haven't seen any stories that talks about it and this is the first. So, I kind of think it's creative somehow and it's also a lot of meanings behind the words.

Description/Forward 10/15

"He was in my house, in my bedroom but he was getting ready. Getting ready to go out...but not with me..." 

I find this sentence more like poetic because you were repeating what he was doing before doing the next thing. You could try to not to extend the words out and put it really straightforward. 

"He was in my bedroom and was getting ready to go out, but it wasn't with me." 

See what I did there? I combined all of the words into a sentence and take out the ones that aren't necessary. 

"He smiled never leave his face as he sprayed some perfume on his shirt." 

First of all, 'leave' should be 'left' and guys don't use perfume, they use colognes or aftershave, fragments. Perfume seemed more feminine because that's girls term for their scent whatever. 

The quote at the bottom with bold letters also seemed poetic. I wasn't sure if you came up with it, it's unique and really understandable that will transverse into the story. Unless this quote is more of how the girl feels towards Baekhyun then try making it into something that's not really quoted. 

Poster/Appearance 5/5

The poster is really catchy and the color isn't too light but not too dark either so I would consider it as a really useful? I wasn't sure how to put it but the concept of the story is mostly about heartbreaks and one sided love, right? So this poster have the aura of sorrow and depression mixed with a little of brightness because of Baekhyung's and Chanyeol's smiles. 

Overall, this poster really fits this story. 

Grammar 13/20

Honestly, you used quite a lot of commas and some of them were placed where they're not supposed to. 

"...I was wrong, extremely wrong, because this place just remind me of him more, because..." 

When you use 'because', you basically don't need any commas and I kind  of think this sentence is also a bit of a run off. Maybe you could try breaking it up into two sentences or take some words out that aren't needed and used semi colons. 

"...I was wrong, extremely wrong because this place just remind me of him more because..." 

Or

"I was wrong, extremely wrong. This place just reminds me of him more, and this..."

Also, try not to a lot of ellipsis in a paragraph because that's like the sentence never ends. In case you don't know what ellipsis is, it's the three dots [...]. 

Try not to put quotes inside the paragraphs  

Please log in to read the full chapter