It's Just You and Me

Getting Over It, Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No PoV

 

Jessica enters Krystal’s room and was shocked to see to the disaster in the room. Clothes were all over the floor. Papers--assuming to be love letters-- and memorable photos were scattered everywhere. Krystal was seen helplessly weeping on a pile of pillows in her unkept bed. She was dressed as if she was about to go run (but knowning the Jungs, that probably wasn't going to go through). Jessica couldn't stand to see her sister like this. Quite honestly, she wasn't sure if she was ready to comfront her sister, but she knew she needed to. After taking a sharp breath, she let go of the door handle she didn't realize she was tightly gripping on to and tried to quietly sit beside her heartbroken sister.

She knew Kai was a bad choice for her, but she allowed the relationship between them to bloom. She knew warning her sister wouldn’t do anything, but she didn’t insist. Things got so out of hand that Jessica was forbidden by her sister to partake in any of f(x)’s schedules or go into their dorms. After that, Jessica was so enraged at the situation to the point that she gave up and hoped her selfish sister would just learn her lesson. Before she gave up, she convinced herself that she should at least be happy if her sister is happy. Look where this all led them.

For a while, no one spoke. Jessica didn’t know what to say. Krystal was waiting for HellSica to break lose. “Go ahead and say it,” Jessica faintly hears. She turns to look at her disheveled sister. She wanted to wrap her up and console her with all she can. She wanted to turn back time to make sure that stupid Exo member wouldn’t even dare do anything to make her sister become so infatuated with him.

“Say what?” Jessica sternly stated rather than sounding like a question.

Krystal knew this was coming. She knew that her sister didn’t like scolding anyone and manages to have a person berate his or herself. It was quite a good tactic, but it was self-degrading and irritable. She knew to satisfy her sister she had to state everything that was wrong with her, so she let out an angered groan before starting her rant.

But this time, it was different. This time, Jessica was at fault as well.

First the first time since who knows when, Jessica first talked while Krystal listened. “Should I be mad that you did end up dating someone in the company? Should I be mad that even though I specifically told you not to date someone as big as Kai, you deliberately went behind my back and dated him anyways? Should I be mad that it had to end this way?”

Strangely, the usual HellSica wasn’t unleashed,,. Yet? There was still an angry tone in Jessica’s voice, but it didn’t sound to be directly at her sister. Krystal wasn’t sure whether to be scared or considered lucky. She didn’t respond. She just felt like crap.

After embracing the long pause, Jessica admitted, “Well if it makes you feel better, I’m not really mad at you. I’m more mad at myself.”

Krystal finally sat up and turned to her sister, “Hey, don’t try and sound to be like some hero. It’s all my fault.”

Jessica put an arm around her sister’s shoulder. They repositioned themselves to they could both fit on the bed comfortably. In the end they were both staring at nothing.

Jessica took a breath. “I’m sorry your first relationship had to end like this.” She started.

Krystal figured it was her turn. “I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you at first.” Krystal then continued. Jessica was surprised at how her sister was handling this situation. She felt a little proud that her little dongsaeng was staying strong.

“I’m sorry I didn’t take into consideration of your feelings. Maybe if I had a better viewpoint of the situation, better understanding, and sufficient evidence on why you shouldn’t have dated Kai, we wouldn’t have gotten into this mess.” Jessica spoke slowly, taking a pause after every thought. She felt tears starting to fall.

Krystal sighed. Both knew that Jessica’s claim was a bit drastic, but she appreciated her sister's consideration. “I’m sorry I didn’t take into consideration of your feelings.” They both turned and looked at each other, slightly smiling at the repeated line. “If only I understood how and why you were stubborn about not allowing me to be in this relationship and if I didn’t listen to my naïve self, I wouldn’t have gone deeper into this mess.”

“I’m sorry I never tried to stop your relationship even when I had a gut feeling something was wrong. You prohibited me from entering your rehearsals and barging into your dorms, but I didn’t even try to ignore that. My ego really exploded. When that happened, I was so mad that I wanted you to learn your lesson the hard way. Now I regret ever thinking that.”

Krystal laughed and understood her sister. She admitted to herself she would’ve felt the same. “I’m sorry for even restricting you like that. That was really stupid and immature of me.”

Suddenly, Jessica decided to speak in English, as if speaking with all meaning. “I’m sorry he, of all people, had to be your first boyfriend, your first kiss, and your first love. He doesn’t deserve all that.”

Krystal sighed, but took everything in. She replied in English, “I’m sorry I never listen to you.” Her tears began falling again. She continued in Korean, “God, I’m such a pabo.”  

With instinct, Jessica rubbed her sister’s arm and let Krystal lean her head on Jessica’s shoulder. Jessica felt guilty for even bringing all that up. She decided to end their little confessionary. “I’m sorry your break-up had to end up that way.” Jessica has had her rounds of bad break-ups, but none of them ever led to her partner cheating on her.

Krystal finally replied in English again, “I’m sorry that this relationship ever happened.”

The both laughed.

Then, the room was left silent. Both girls were in a reflexive trance. On both sides, they felt as if a huge weight was lifted off their shoulders. After this, they knew they both would get over this break-up easily and together.

“Eonni,” Jessica turned to look at her sister

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter