And So It Began

And So It Began

Chapter 2

 

“So, you are finally ready to win her heart? If only you took my advice to do something about your feelings three years ago, you two would be married by now.” Minho said. His brown, doe-eyes were still focused on the tv & hands on the play-station control. Yoochun looked at his friend with admiration. Only Minho could manage to listen to his friends’ words & at the same time, play a game & win it.

 

“What I want you to do is to help me. How could I change into a bad boy?”

 

“Why do you want to change your image? Don’t you have enough girls chasing after you?”

 

“I don’t care about the other girls.” Yoochun said, as he contemplated his plan, “Yoona has always been attracted to bad boys, even though she had been burned lots of times. She can’t help it as I can’t help falling in love with her. Now, in order to win her, I need to transform myself into a bad boy. Then she would notice me as a potential boyfriend, not just her best friend, Yoochun. You see the brilliance of my plan here?”

 

“But you are you. If she doesn’t like you then she doesn’t like you. End of story.” Minho paused the game & looked at Yoochun’s irritated eyes, “Okay, okay. It’s your decision. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

 

“I need your help to research what bad boy is like, how to become one & stuff like that. Could you do that?” “What’s in it for me?” Minho grinned wickedly.


“What do you want?” Yoochun felt cold sweat coming. Minho wouldn’t ask for something simple; he knew his friend too well.

 

Minho grinned bashfully, “I like this girl. She works in your company as an account executive.”

 

“Jessica Jung? Or Kim Taeyeon?” Yoochun quirked his thick eyebrow in question. Inwardly, he felt the utmost relief that Minho’s payment seemed to involve a girl & a girl was an easy task for him, except for Yoona that is.

 

“It’s Kim Taeyeon. I know that look in your eyes. I tell you, it’s not going to be that easy. She’s a pigheaded one. I have tried to get an introduction for some time now & still nothing. Instead, she looked at me like I’m the lowest creature ever crawled on the planet.”

 

“Why is that?” Yoochun interrupted Minho’s words. Although, his collection of girls wasn’t in the same caliber as Yoochun’s, Minho had his share of pretty girls who gave him the look.

 

“A misstep. I was too forward.” He sighed & explained, “I met her at a club. She’s so hot that I forgot myself. So, I grabbed her tiny waist in the dance floor & did some kinda bold dance move on her & she slapped me for getting too familiar with her. I have never been slapped by a girl before so she left a very deep impression on me. Taeyeon is a girl who knows what she likes & doesn’t like & isn’t afraid to show it. Anyway, luckily, I don’t think she got a clear view of my face but she seems to have this inner radar for every time I approached her after that incident, she gave me a disgusted look & walked away. Now, for my payment, I want you to…”

 

“To introduce her to you? Man, it’s so easy. Consider it done.” Yoochun leaned back in his chair in relief.

 

“No, not that simple. I want you to speak well of me to her. Then you have got to know her a little better. What she likes, what she doesn’t like, stuff like that. I want you to get every little detail about her. So, when I finally make my move, she would think I’m her perfect match but don’t you dare fall for her. In return, I will transform you into a bad boy through & through. You will have Yoona running to you at the snap of your fingers.”


“Deal.” Yoochun stuck out his hand to seal their promise. Minho took his hand & they smiled in satisfaction.