[BONUS] All That 's Left : A Park Chanyeol POV backstory

Right By Your Side

 

Hi its me theundeadpetal :)  So weird I made a sequel to the drabble. xD Oh well I thought about this and I just can't let the ideas go away with the wind ~ kkkkk Btw, the chapters you are about to read are oneshot backstories from the main drabble. Since some of us are curious about how Chanyeol feels during those times of controversies and issues, I made this because I wanna share what I think happened. hahaha i hope this isn't a fail xD well, thanks for taking time to read~ mwa :* have a good day folks! 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"Baek,  aren 't you gonna go?  Its past midnight,  you better go to rest beca-"

 

"No Chanyeol,  I 'm alright,  I should stay here a bit more to practice, go now with the others " 

 

"But Baek,  how bout you? "

 

"I said,  I 'm gonna stay. Now,  go. I 'm fine here. "

 

"Okay, ... take care... bye."

 

That day was one of our rehearsals for the upcoming mini album we were about to launch. And since its just weeks when we started praticing,  some of the members were very eager to perfect the choreography and their singing parts for the songs. 

 

 I was worried for Baekhyun. Staying this late was not what he usually do.  Often times it was Kai. But not him. When we began praticing weeks ago,  he was always staying in the dance room, being so passionate about work lately,  didn't care about how much he was deprived of sleep.

 

Actually I have a feeling that should be not regarded. I have a secret,  and that is what I am confused about. I have this attraction to Byun Baekhyun. But I know it is so wrong. Very wrong. 

 

The next morning I woke up with the sun flaring on my eyes, then I rolled my body to the side to check whether my roommate is already there. And he is there indeed. He looks so exhausted and because he is so loose when sleeping,  his blanket was displaced, and can fall off any moment from any move. I fixed it and tucked the blanket on him.

 

"Sleep tight,  Baek."

 

 

***

 

Each one of us had no time to even talk,  eat in luxury,  or do whatever we usually did in the dorm, because it was always work,  work, work. Since we have been lax after our Christmas album,  we became busy again. Aside from preparing again for the next album,  we were demanded to be in various endorsements and were on call being models of different brands or magazines.

 

This was the times when I was invited to one of the casts of the new SBS reality show,  called "Roommate ". When Suho and Baekhyun hyung were contracted to be MCs of Ingkigayo. When DO was rumoured to be a cast of a drama,  that gained attention from the fans especially the ones who love DO. When Kris hyung made his Instagram account to connect with our fans. And when EXO Showtime ended successfully. In the first place,  its our choice to live this life,  so we should take responsibility in making the most out of this opportunity. We were tired and sometimes,  the members tell me, (oftenly Kris hyung) that they were fed up from doing all this stuff, but of course looking at the other side, for me,  even though it tires us,  it is fun and inspiring because of the fans who are there to support us. And that's what makes me happy right now. 

 

The dorm bear a very weighted feeling on me during those times,  because when everybody was home,  they immediately take a rest and, yeah I have no one to joke with, or to play with unlike before. Baekhyun, was my closest friend and yet,  it somewhat changed, as time goes by.

 

I am saddened by that fact. That we were more getting distant with each other. Its okay that we were fighting like always but I cannot stand this situation where in, were in good camaraderie but,  the type that has not been talking with each other.

 

***

 

"Come on buy this one Chanyeol!  Its so cute on you come on try it! " 

 

"No I don't like that Mickey Mouse on my head,  my snapbacks better "

 

"You don 't like it?  Well,  FO you bastard "

 

-In HK Disneyland, fighting because of a Mickey Mouse merch

 

***

 

We already recorded the songs and repeatedly practiced new choreographies included in the album. There come also a time when our senior noonas, So Nyu Si Dae,  are also busy preparing for their comeback, so we had simultaneous period of rehearsals during that month in the SM Building. I am close to them especially with Soo Young noona and Taeyeon noona. But as much as I am close to them,  was I knew that my roommate, Byun Baekhyun was an avid fanboy of the group,  and always saying that he likes Taeyeon noona in several shows and guestings. And sometimes,  I see them chatting with each other.  In fact by January, they 've been very close and even exchanged numbers, and had several meetings in the SM Building whenever theres a chance. That 's from what I observed.

 

Days of rehearsals and shootings with the 12 of us, to be honest,  I was being farther from the other members I 'm so close before. The Beagles,  particularly just remembers I 'm one of them during TV guestings and tapings. I 'm in gloom whenever I think about it, but I understand that because like how our group used to change every comeback we offer,  so does the ones that we were always together. 

 

 

I remembered the time when I was packing my things for Roommate. 

 

"Hey Baekhyun! Can you take a video of me while I pack these things?"

 

"Yah sure,  but swear Chanyeol, you are gonna miss me don 't you?"

 

"I'm not gonna miss you,  haha actually I wanna resign being your Roommate"

 

"Tsk,  come on let 's take your video already,  and just admit you are not gonna miss me by now but as they say,  we can see the significance of something after its gone, well I 'm not gonna miss you too, but I 'll miss our babies."

 

"Babies!?  What the hell Baekhyun when did we have one?! "

 

"You bastard,  I mean the Rilakkuma stuffed toys!  I will miss them by my side while I sleep.. sheesh you " He said pointing his finger on my forehead and pressing it til I groaned 'ouch that hurts'. He chuckles, but I just rolled my eyes on him. 

 

To be honest I will miss him. But it was not right to say such things. Especially if something is being swallowed up inside of me. It was just right to leave that inside, and just live with happiness and delight.

 

***

 

After practice, we used to eat our favorites and buy them outside the SM Building but since, fans are everywhere and may alarm us,  we cannot do it during the daylight. I convinced some of the members to come with me and buy food one night,  at almost 9 in the evening, while being idle in the dance room consequently repeating the choreo. I broke the silence between us all while a music was playing from Lay hyung 's phone.

 

"Hey guys! uhm... Can someone go with me to buy a drink or a yoghurt perhaps"

 

They turned their heads side by side and showed to me their disapprovals. So I just called someone whom I thought would come with me,

 

"Baekhyun! Come on let 's buy yoghurt or cola "

 

"Nah,  I don 't like to go outside Yeol,  its chilly, sorry." Because of his answer I shrugged and stood up to reply,  "what's wrong with you guys!? oh Well,  I guess I have to go by myself, don 't worry I 'll just buy all of your favorites"

 

"no it 's okay Yeol,  were gonna head for home anyways,  Me,  and the nine of us,  I bet Baekhyun and Kai will stay." Suho hyung said. "Sorry Yeol,  we are really tired, but thank you for that "

 

"Wait,  I am not staying either! I'm gonna go home too," Kai shouted.

 

So its me and Baekhyun who 'll be left. Awkward. Were not talking with each other lately.

 

"Its okay guys,  me and Baek have the energy today to stay till midnight! "

 

"Jeez,  Baekyeol uwahhh! " Kai fanboyed. lol. He really supports OTPs. But yeah,  I 'm happy to accompany Baekhyun here. Still,  its awkward though.

 

"Silly you Kim Jongin pshh,  So guys Im gonna go out huh? Bye." I bid them farewell as I dashed going to the convinience store.

 

When I was in the convinience store, I bought some of my favorites,  cola,  yoghurt,  and fish bread. I bought Baekhyun some too. I was so happy after I got out from the store because its been a while that I have been able to go here. I was excited also to share the strawberry-flavored yoghurt with Baekhyun,  because its both our favorite.

 

I was skipping the lighted hallway of the 5th floor, then held the knob of the practice room when I witnessed something that broke my heart into pieces. 

 

I have seen Baekhyun talking to someone else,  and its our sunbae,  Taeyeon. They 've been like laughing and being happy with each other. Taking selcas and having fun, like they were already a couple. I just trembled from the spot where I was standing. 

  

I took a seat on the floor and hugged my knees, and hold one of the yoghurts I bought, "I think I have to drink you too because I think he 's not gonna take you,  because he is too busy " I said having a crazy dialogue with that small bottle, which after,  I drink it up. 

 

I don 't know what are they right now,  but I feel very upset. Is this the reason why Baekhyun was always going home late for practice? Not practicing but hanging out with her?  I 'm not mad at Baekhyun,  but,  why does he have to be a liar all this time?  Why does he have to?

 

Right at that moment,  I was shaken up from the reality that,  I was not gonna be the one to be with him, because I 'm a man and he is too. And I was awaken from the fantasy I 've been living that, What I was feeling for him,  is a mistake.

 

 

That's when we were almost close to the comeback for our 2nd mini album,  "Overdose ", the period I figured out something I didn 't expect from a person so close to me, like a brother, or more of.

 

***

 

Baekhyun made an Instagram,  months ago and this was really looked forward by the fans. He posted several pictures, and by that time some of the fans were suspecting something fishy between his and Taeyeon noona 's posts. 

 

The fans knew nothing about it, but all of us do know that they were almost 4 months dating. When Suho hyung knew about it  this is what happened,

 

"Baekhyun, would you reveal that relationship later this month or so, if you will not,  its gonna be a big shocking revelation for the fans "

 

Baekhyun answered confidently. "Suho hyung don 't worry about it,  me and Taeyeon decided to keep it for a while, and when the right time comes,  we 'll do the action to announce it to the press "

 

"But when is that right time? I hope its soon. By the way,  I am happy for you Baekhyun." 

 

After his talk with Suho hyung, I approached him as he walks going to the kitchen to get some water,  "Hey Baekhyun,  uhmm is this the end?"

 

"What do you mean, 'end ' Chanyeol "

 

"End of your being SINGLE! I mean congratulations Baek,  Im so happy for you. " I said grabbing his hands and shaking it lightly, he just gave me a smile.

 

"Thanks Yeol "

 

I almost choked about what I said. But I 'm not bitter,  to be honest there 's a pinch but Im so much happy for him. 

 

***

 

An unexpected and tragic event happened to our group almost nearing the concert dates in Seoul. The week after the Fan meeting in Shanghai. It was when Kris hyung decided to file a lawsuit against our company that suddenly make him come back to China and leave the group, till a final decision between the two parties would come up. it was hard for all of us,  we adjusted to everything and still kept up with the practices, though knowing that one is missing. Suho hyung, cried and his son Tao also cried after knowing that Kris hyung isn't coming back together with us for the mean time. Being so sudden and not being able to know about what Kris hyung disappointed some of us,  especially the ones from EXO -M. We were all depressed without Kris hyung,  but it didn 't stopped us to pursue a concert and continue to stand for the group. This just made us even stronger, stronger to growl,  as stronger wolves. 

 

 

The fiascos doesn't  stop there. Because news from Korea had spread like wildfire because Dispatch released photos of Baekhyun and Taeyeon noona dating in a car. This news really made the fans angry. Suho hyung was right then when he convinced Baekhyun to reveal it immediately. If he did,  it should not ended up,  that the fans became mad at him and saying harsh words to him,  and Taeyeon noona,  like 'liars ' 'betrayers ' and such. It hurts me too seeing Baekhyun being shattered because of all the hurt he 's been receiving from his fans. 

 

The day when the issue was known,  Suho hyung can 't help but release his emotions about the recent things happening in series.

 

"Baekhyun,  look,  were still on the verge of problem with Kris but here you are intruding with another problem!  We are not yet moving on but ..." Suho hyung said as he cried and was held by Jongdae to be seated.

 

Baekhyun,  just teared up on what Suho hyung said and calmly proceeded to the room. 

 

He really cried the day when he and Suho hyung hosted Ingkigayo wearing sportswear for cheering the Korean Football team. Where in Baekhyun was being shouted as a 'traitor' by the audience on one of the segments. And also the one when he and Suho hyung conversed about 'how hot is that day ', that really showed Suho hyung's angry side, that truly exists offcam.

 

That day was when I saw him crying in the room.

 

I hurts me seeing Baekhyun like that. It cuts me to the core not being able to do something for him,  to protect him, but I have nothing to do, other than to show him I 'm just here right beside him.

 

***

 

"You know Chanyeol,  if I were given a chance to be a girl,  I would really be into you,"

 

"Haha you're kidding me silly,"

 

"no really,  I would be so lucky, because you are always by side".

 

-A random talk in a Radio station while commercial break