Free

The Long Lost Princess[HIATUS]

 

Song Soomi isn't your average everyday schoolgirl. She was indeed special. The people around her felt that Soomi was a threat to them. A very dangerous one, in fact. At the beginning, she thought being different was special. 

She thought wrong.

When middle school started, Soomi was 'normal'; like any other middle school girls would be. She had hidden her secret so well that no one, I repeat, no one, ever found out. Not even her parents.

Well, not until the school bullies targeted her.

Don't ask me why. Don't ask me how. They just did. Maybe, it was for fun. For the humor. But Soomi; she didn't like one bit of it. They , bullied her like there was no tomorrow. Everyday, she would return home with at least five nasty bruises on her arms and legs.

You'd be thinking that her parents would be shocked and worried if Soomi were to return home everyday with bruises on her body. No. That wasn't it. The true fact was that they didn't even care about Soomi. All they ever know about Soomi was that she was an 'accidental mistake'. They didn't even want her, but they didn't have the heart to put her in the orphanage.

Don't ask me why. They just didn't want to. And ever since then, Soomi became to be independent. She learned to cook meals for herself, tidy herself up and such, like any other adults would do.She knew her parents didn't care a tiny bit about her so she wasn't expecting any love from them. She never did anyway.

Her parents neglected her for her entire life that they didn't even notice her secret; even if it was right in front of their eyes.

Soomi... she had special powers. At the age of five, she woke up to a room full of, well, plants. Long story short: her room had turned into a jungle.

Frightened and confused, Soomi ran out of her room in a hurry. What she didn't notice was she had somewhat left a trail of plants when she ran out.

This continued for days. Luckily, Soomi's parents weren't around; they'd gone to a business trip for two weeks.She tried really hard to make them disappear but instead, more and more of them appeared. 

Then one day, she decided to calm herself down by clearing whatever was in her head. In, out. In, out. And apparently, it worked. The plants slowly disappeared and her room was as good as new. Nothing changed. 

This continued over the years. She once woke up to a room full of ice cold crystals (no wonder she was freezing so much when she slept), almost burned the house down, nearly drowned herself  while showering and other scenarios that you can ever think of.

Strangely, all these powers were, how should I say this, related to Mother nature. She can make it pour on a sunny day, or make it shine on a wet, gloomy day,  and if she ever wanted to warm herself up, she would just have to light up the fire pplace with a click.

Although, Soomi didn't know where all these powers came. It just did.

And somewhere deep down in her heart, she felt somewhat free.