1. "Hey cutie."

Greek Out!

 

"It's your birthday, right?" Kyungsoo's dad asked, picking through his plate.

"Yeah," he replied meekly, swallowing the food in his mouth. "I'm thirteen today."

"Is that so?" he asked himself, glancing at the calender. "I can tell you then. You're a demigod. Tomorrow, you're going to Camp Half-Blood."

". . . what?"

"Yeah, your mom's a goddess, or daimon, I guess. . . Anyway, you'll be there for a while, so get packed after dinner."

I can't believe this. . . "Dad, are you serious? When will I come back?"

His dad absentmindedly looked up. "Huh? Oh, at the end of the summer. Until the, you'll be going to a special camp."

"Then who's my mom?" the boy asked.

". . . you'll find out there. Just eat your dinner."

 

On the way to. . . Long Island? (according to the GPS), his dad fidgeted in the car, nervously driving carefully on the highway. Because they lived in South Carolina, it took a while to get there.

"Dad, why can't I stay? SC is so peaceful, and NY is so. . . loud. . ." he whined.

"Because you and I are in danger if you're here."

The rest of the ride was silent.

 

Finally, after hours of sitting in a car, they made it to a lush hill in the middle of nowhere. A young-looking boy was standing at the peak, then made his way over when he saw he had visitors. He had a slim frame with brown hair, and had a nice smile.

He knocked on the drivers' window, and Kyungsoo's dad quickly rolled it down. "Name and purpose?" the boy asked.

"My son, Kyungsoo Do, demigod or demispirit. Turned thirteen recently," he softly explained.

The boy nodded. "Thank you. I'll take him from here. Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo placidly smiled, hugged his dad, and exited the car, taking his luggage from the trunk. He watched his dad speed away into the distance.

"Hi! I'm Xiumin Kim! Half-Titan, son of Themis, goddess of divine law and order," he introduced himself. "Do you know who your parent is, I presume your mom?"

The boy shook his head. "Dad didn't know."

Xiumin shrugged. "You'll be claimed eventually. Let me give you the grand tour!"

 

 

The first thing Kyungsoo noticed was the lake. It was huge, with a dock and boathouse and everything. His jaw dropped at the beautiful water.

Xiumin followed his gaze and smiled. "You like to swim?"

Kyungsoo nodded happily, a small grin growing on his face.

"Do you see those guys in the lake, splashing those girls?" Xiumin pointed. "Those boys are Poseidon, and those girls are Aphrodite. Honestly, you're taking this very well."

The latter shrugged in response. "I tend to go with the flow. Whatever works." He saw two boys sitting on a huge boulder, observing the event unfold. "Who are they?"

"Oh, them. Oh Sehun and Huang Zitao. Sehun's son of Harpocrates, god of silence, and Zitao's Hecate, goddess of magic. People think they're the weird ones, but when it's time for Capture the Flag, those two are the best. You can't hear them coming, and magic includes the Mist, magic that keeps mortals from seeing magic stuff, so you can't see them either. They don't really talk to anybody, though."

 

 

"Here are the cabins!"

It looked like a horseshoe-shaped boot camp. There were rows and rows of cabins, each uniquely built. One looked like perfectly-carved stone, another had a farm on the room, and one was surrounded in clouds and mist. One cabin door was open, and there was shouting and yelling come from it. Xiumin went to go investigate, and Kyungsoo curiously trailed after him. This cabin appeared simple, but seemed extremely comfortable.

A teen boy with short, dirty-blonde hair was arguing with a much taller guy that looked like an anime character, and it seemed like the smaller one was losing.

"Wu Yifan, get out of my cabin!"

"Tsk. Is that any way a child of Hestia should act? You should be ashamed, Lay. You should let me stay. . ." the taller one purred with a deep voice.

Lay scoffed. "Magic doesn't work here, especially yours. Get. Out!"

Seeing Kyungsoo's confused face, Xiumin whispered, "Lay's child of Hestia, goddess of home and the hearth. Basically, the "motherly" goddess. Kris is s a tricky one. He's a child of two demigods, so that makes him a quarter-god? One of his grandfathers is an Erote, Himeros to be exact, who is the god of ual desire. On the other side is Peitho, spirit of persuasion and seduction. His words are as powerful as Aphrodite's charmspeak!" he exclaimed. "We should leave. Tao tends to take Lay's side, and usually ends bad for Kris."

On cue, the two boys from the boulder noiselessly strolled in, one with dark hair and darker circles came behind Lay. "Kris, please leave." The other boy, paler in skin and eyes, stood by and listened.

"Make me, magic boy."

Light in Zitao's eyes flared, and as if by force, Kris was launched out of the cabin, over the heads of Xiumin and Kyungsoo.

Covered in dirt and leaves, Kris sputtered angrily. He turned to a group of boys and girls coming close, shouldering a few dangerous-looking weapons. He smirked and said, "Guys, save me!" he cried.

They rushed over and helped him up. "Who did this to you?"

The blonde glowered and pointed at Tao. "He di-" he started, but suddenly no words came out.

Out of the corner of his eye, Kyungsoo saw Sehun smirk for a moment, then revert back to his blank face.

"Kai, Kai? Where are you?"

The tan one of the group, probably Kai, stood up straighter and scanned the area. His trimmed, black hair was messy and his body was covered in a sweaty gleam, but his eyes held a strong fire. "Suho?" he called out.

A beautiful, pale boy came from one of the cabins and smiled. His hair, eyes, and skin seemed to be constantly changing and shifting, looking more and more alluring with each passing second.

"Did Kris hex you again? I can feel it," he commented.

Kai blinked a few times, then frowned. "Yes, he did."

Suho rolled his eyes. "Children of Ares, listen!" Suddenly, all of the kids faced Suho. "You are free from Kris' voice." Simultaneously, all of them started blinked and angrily glared at Kris, who sheepishly grinned.

Xiumin nudged Kyungsoo's side. "Kai Kim, son of Ares, god of war, and Kim Suho, son of Aphrodite, goddess of love. They're the 'love and war' couple. Suho's the only one who can break someone out of Kris' persuasion spells. Let's sit on the steps." And the pair did, watching the Ares kids start wrestling with the struggling blonde boy.

Out of nowhere, a pretty face with perfect blonde hair appeared at the side of Xiumin. He looked extremely skinny and his eyes were girly and wide, but the arrogant smirk erased any thoughts of him being "innocent." "Hey baby," he said.

Xiumin made a face of disgust and pushed him away. "Ugh, Luhan, get away from me."

"Don't be like that. . ." he said, then noticed Kyungsoo's presence. "Who's the fresh meat? I'm Luhan, son of Dionysus, god of-"

"Parties and chaos," Xiumin finished, "basically everything children of Themis are against," he said with hatred, shuddering. Luhan winked.

"Xiumin-hyung, is Luhan giving you trouble?" A pale, handsome boy with flowing, brown hair followed by another boy with mischevious eyes and similar hair (but his was put up) stood against the Hestia cabin wall.

"Byun Baekhyun, drown yourself," Luhan groaned.

Baekhyun started singing, a beautiful melody graced Kyungsoo's ears. He felt a strange attraction to the waters.

As if in a trance, Luhan's eyes became glassy and he started running into the lake, diving headfirst.

Xiumin, Baekhyun, and the other boy started cackling as Luhan's head rose up for air. "Baekhyun, you're so dead!"

The third boy sang a quick note, and a wave rose up to push the flirt back underwater.

"Baekhyun, Chen" Xiumin choked out between laughs. "This is Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, this is Baekhyun, son of one of the Sirens. That one is Chen, son of Euterpe, one of the Nine Muses. Euterpe is the muse of music."

Baekhyun grinned. "My voice tends to work on people, while Chen here works on everything but people, but he can use more than his voice."

Chen smirked. "Vines, rocks, hair, you name it. I save so much on products," he said cockily, running a hand through his styled hair. Baekhyun coughed into his fist coincidentally, and the other shot him a glare.

"What are we talking about?" Suho asked, coming up to the group with Kai's arm around his shoulder. "Oh, who's the new kid?"

Kai looked up from nuzzling the Aphrodite kid's neck and gave him a quick once-over. "Who are you?" He restlessly his bronze dagger from his belt.

"He's not a threat," Lay piped up, joining the conversation with Tao and Sehun. "I can feel it. Hebe, perhaps? Sophrosyne? Possibly Tyche? We haven't had a Tyche child in a while. . ." he though aloud.

"I think it's Eunomia," Xiumin said. "The goddess, non-Titan form of divine law. He feels like a brother to me."

"Watch it be Peitharchia!" Baekhyun joked.

"How will I find out?" Kyungsoo asked.

Xiumin cocked his head questioningly. "Depends. Usually, if it's a major god, there's a symbol that appears over your head. Nowadays, minor gods and daimons started having demi-offspring, so the Spirit of Delphi hunts you down and speaks your immortal ancestry. That's what happened to most of us."

"Not us!" Kai said happily, wrapping his toned arms around Suho's small frame, who giggled.

Chen pretended to barf. "Kai, aren't you supposed to be less loving? You're war-spawn, for Zeus' sake!"

The latter gave him a dirty look. "That's stereotypical. Ares is about senseful war, war with purpose, not slaughter. Sheesh. . ."

"You know," Suho interrupted. "I'm feeling a lot of attraction between you and Baekhyun lately, Chen~"

He flushed an embarrassing red and began clapping a rhythm. Suho and Kai's legs started dancing ("Stop it, legs!" Suho tried.) and sashayed away.

The muscial duo exchanged hi-fives.

Kyungsoo laughed, but then a figure in the distance he didn't see before started coming closer.

He gave a quick nod in that person's direction. "Who's he?"

Xiumin frowned. "Chanyeol Park, son of Horme, spirit of impulse. Reminds me of Luhan. . . However, he's good with a sword, and with his wits he could probably beat an Ares or Athena kid. He probably wants to talk about tonight's 'Capture the Flag' game."

Chanyeol, Kyungsoo found out, was tall. Like, Kris-tall. His bright orange hair was a bit unsettling, but not as much as his smile. His eyes flashed differently hues, in contrast to Suho's smooth transitions, as if it was color-ADHD. He greeted Xiumin. "Have you seen Luhan?"

"He's currently drowning. Why?" Baekhyun asked.

If that put Chanyeol off, it didn't show. "Tell him the Hybris cabin needs some punishment."

"What did they do?" Xiumin asked, while Chen murmured to Kyungsoo, "Hybris is the spirit of outrageous behavior."

"Doesn't matter. Just relay the message," he said faltly, then turned to leave, but did a double-take on Kyungsoo. He smiled. "Hey cutie."

 


 

Please comment what you think!

Thanks a lot! ^_^

 

By the way, I changed it so that this story revolves around Chanyeol x Kyungsoo. The other ships are already set (probably a few Bonus Chapters for them), but I think Chansoo-center will work best.

 


 

My Other Stories:

12 Times, 12 Months

A Prince and a Slave

Baekhyun, the Baekyeol Fanfic Writer

Blackout

Chains, Cages, & Collars

Fun Times with Kai

Gym Class

Heat is Hot

Making Mistakes

Marble & Magic

On the Other Side of the Fence

Once, Twice, Thrice

Buddies

Soccer

 

imhyung Story Blog