It Was Me All Along

It Was Me All Along

 

Birthday One-Shot.
To SHINee's Key, Happy Birthday! :D
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Kim Kibum. Life with him is like living in hell. I don't know why. From the time I met him until now, seeing his face just pisses me off. Hearing his stupid nickname, KEY, it makes me mad. Who would think of such a stupid name anyway? What the hell. We hate each other for no reason. Worse of all, he's in my class. He's like, my mortal enemy. I don't even know why. Neither of us does. Here's another day with him. It's Thursday. Today, on September 23rd, some kind of story is going to start.
 
I got up and got ready for school. Everything was the same as always. I wake up, eat, brush my teeth, take a bath, get changed and ride my bike to school. I did exactly that. When I got to school, I saw Jinri chatting with some of the guys near her locker. Jinri's really pretty and nice. Thats why she has a lot of admirers.
 
"Hey! Sooyeon!" My best friend called out.
"Hey~" I said and went to her.
"So, do you know what today is?" She asked. I have no idea what there is today, as a matter of fact.
"Uhhh...No?" I said.
"Really no Idea?" I stopped to think for a moment. There was really nothing that came into my mind. There were no tests or anything, no birthdays that I know of. Suddenly, Key passed by.
"Happy Birthday!" Jinri called out. Key just smiled at her, but when he saw me he just rolled his eyes.
"Oh... that." I said sarcastically. Jinri just laughed at me.
"Hey, you've got to be nice for once. It's his day, remember?" She was trying to get me to be nice to my mortal enemy. WOW! Yeah. Like that'll work. I rolled my eyes.
"I don't remember him being nice to me ever." I said and laughed.
"That's why I think you should start. Who knows, he might even get to know you better than I do." She giggled. "And stop frowning and rolling your eyes. Thats the reason the oppas are scared to confess to you~" 
"Whatever, let's just get to class.
 
Jinri and I walked to our class and sat down at our usual seats by the window. Key kept looking at me expectantly. What does he want? I bet he just wants me to greet him. Wait, NO! I know that look. If I greet him for his birthday, that means I loose and he wins! Exactly. I'm so awesome. Well HAH! Kim Kibum, I will not greet and loose to you! NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 
"Hey." Minho called. "Sooyeon." 
"WHAT?"
"Say present." 
"Present? What? OH!" The teacher was looking at me, saying my name repeatedly. I didn't hear her start the role call.
"AGAIN, LEE SOOYEON." She said angrily.
"PRESENT!" I shouted from my place at the back and called Minho.
"Hey. Thanks." I said and smiled.
"No problem." He smiled at me and went back to doing his homework.
 
The teacher started explaining some sort of thing about animals. It was so boring. Wait a minute, school is always boring. Especially if Mrs. Choi is the teacher. She makes everything easy seem hard. 
 
Class went by quickly and before I knew it, it was lunch time. On my way out of the room I crossed paths with my handsome mortal enemy, Key. We looked at each other. He looked like he was expecting something. For the last time, I will not loose to you. I am not going to greet you! So HAH! I said and smirked, looking pleased with myself. Key noticed my expression and walked of with Minho. My eyes tailed him as he went to meet with SHINee. By that, I mean Onew, Jonghyun, Minho, Key and Taemin. That's what they call their group of friends.
"Hey, are we going or what?" Jinri waved her hand in front of me. "I'm hungry." 
"Yeah let's go." I said and we headed to the cafeteria. 
 
We took our usual spots at the cafeteria and bought our food. We started eating. But in the middle of our meal, Taemin came up to us and whispered something to Jinri. Jinri nodded and winked at him. Then he left.
"What was that all about?" I asked.
"Secret. I can't tell you." She said and stuck her tongue out. The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. Jinri and I went to our classroom. I went to the washroom for a bit to fix my hair and stuff. When I got back, I saw a note on my desk. 
 
Meet me at the School Garden later at 4. By that huge tree. --;)
 
Ok who the hell could this be? Why should I meet up with them? I'll go anyway. There are a lot of students, so if this is a Maniac, they can help beat him up. Nyahahahahaha. Anyway, I should pay attention to the teacher now.
 
An hour later...
 
"Hey, Jinri. I have to go somewhere." I told her.
"Where?"
"I can't tell. See ya." I said and went to the gardens. I went behind the tree. There was no one there. I waited. No one came. 
 
Minutes later, someone arrived. It was a guy. I could tell. He was wearing a hoodie. 
"Sorry I'm late." He said. 
"Who are you? Show yourself." I knew it. This was what Taemin and Jinri where whispering about. It was planned. "Who are you!"
"Guess." He said.
"I don't know!" 
"Then I'll let you know" He said. The guy with the hoodie took my hand. 
"Hey. Wh- What're you doing!" I said and tried to shake his hand off.
"Please. Just let me have what I want for my day." He said. Your day? What is he even talking about? Then it struck me. My eyes widened in shock. I knew who it was already.
"Key?" I stood there frozen, my hands interlocked with his.
"Ring Ding Dong. Correct." He said and lowered his jacket's hood.
"Is this some kind of joke?!" I screamed. But he pulled me back and hugged me. "Key... I..." He put his finger on my lips and I said no more.
"Sooyeon." He said. "I love you. I have, all this time." His lips crashed with mine and I hugged him tighter. We broke the kiss and I put my head on his shoulder.
"Key..." I whispered.
"Mmm?" 
"One last thing." I kissed his forehead, broke the hug, and held his hand. 
 
"Happy Birthday.