warmth

paper hearts | xiumin-centric

tumblr_m653k3vXhz1r06op8o1_500.png
slice of life, romance,

572 w, 2448 chars.

"it takes less than a second to connect their lips"


At one, he wakes up. Not really sure why. But he's awake - fully awake, for tht matter - and is having a hard time falling back asleep despite the soft pitter patter of the raindrops outside his bedroom window.

At two, he has his head behind his hands as he looks up at the glow in the dark stars he placed on the ceiling of his bedroom. Thinking, just thinking. Unable to sleep. 

It's three and he slowly falls back to sleep again. His body getting weaker, his eyes heavier. 

Four in the morning, he dreams about her. 

Five, he's still dreaming about her.

It's six and he's awake again. 

It's seven in the morning and he finally swings his feet off the bed and wears the slippers she gave him. Keroro, her favorite anime. 

Eight in the morning and he's full. His stomach is stuffed as he washes the dishes himself. He receives a text message before the clock strikes nine.

Nine. Good morning :) Sweet and simple, she was cute like that. He's smiling as he types reply after reply after reply and sends each one to her. It's still morning, but he's fully energized.

Ten, he has Taekwondo.

Eleven, is when it ends. 

Twelve is the time for lunch, and he's having his lunch with her seated across from him. "Eat up," she says, presenting the meal she cooked especially for him. It has all his favorite side dishes. He feels lucky, very lucky, to have Joohyun. 

One, he has Taekwondo again. Joohyun doesn't accompany him, but she promises to meet him after.

At two, he's covered with sweat from head to toe. 

It's three and he heads for the showers. 

At four is when Joohyun calls him. "Up for some movies?" he didn't need to give her an answer. 

It's five and the theater is full. Joohyun is disappointed.

Six, they are sprawled on the living room floor of his house. A bowl of popcorn is in his hand, a bottle of coke is on the other. On his shoulder, is where Joohyun's head rests. 

Seven, Joohyun is close to tears. He gives her a handkerchief before the first tear rolls down. "Don't be sad. It's only a movie." he tries to comfort her through words. Empty words, but still words. Although she cries in the end, he's there to lend a shoulder for her. Literally. 

Eight is when he cooks dinner for both of them. She wants to help, but he insists he can do it by himself. He ends up burning the meat. 

Nine in the evening is when they finally eat. He set up the table while she cooked. Joohyun feeds him meat, while he kisses her cheek. 

Ten, and Joohyun is asleep on the couch with the TV still on. He looks at her, and a smile is on his face. He covers her with the warmth of his blanket, and later on, with the warmth of his hug.

Eleven is when he finally lets her go. He's standing on the last step of the Seo's front porch, and he's lost trying in the twinkle of her eyes, in the beauty of her smile, in the sweetness of her words. "See you tomorrow." it takes them less than a second to connect their lips, but it takes more than a minute to remove them. 

Twelve midnight is the time he finally slips into dreamland.